Snowball the Monster Cat, 2000
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
The disumbrationist art hoax, 1924
The Cradle of the Deep, a literary hoax, 1929
The Olympic Underwear Relay, 1956
Prankster causes volcano to erupt, 1974
Woman Marries Dolphin
Status: Not a legally recognized marriage
A British woman has married a dolphin. The touching ceremony took place at Dolphin Reef in the Israeli port of Eilat (which is, I guess, where the dolphin lives). The dolphin is named Cindy, but despite the female name seems to be a male. (That would have made it even more unconventional if it was a gay interspecies marriage.) No word on where the couple plan to honeymoon. And one can only speculate on whether this marriage will ever be consummated.

This may be the first human/dolphin marriage, but I don't think it's the first interspecies marriage. After all, I've posted before about Marry Your Pet, the website that provides a marriage certificate to those who want to wed their beloved animal. As for weird weddings, the other example that comes to mind (besides Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson) is that woman who married a dead poet.
Categories: Animals, Sex/Romance
Posted by The Curator on Tue Jan 03, 2006
Too bad Cindy is a male, there's nothing hotter than lesbian dolphin sex. You should SEE what they do with the blowhole!
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Tue Jan 03, 2006  at  03:07 AM

Neat party trick and hoter than blowholes smile
Posted by Peter  in  London  on  Tue Jan 03, 2006  at  07:16 AM
not to mention the tricks any dolphin, male or female, can do with its snout...
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Tue Jan 03, 2006  at  08:10 AM
You people are scaring me...
Posted by Blondin  on  Tue Jan 03, 2006  at  09:05 AM
okay im a dolphin lover and i think that would be amazing sex
Posted by Trisha  on  Tue Jan 03, 2006  at  11:06 AM
Peter said:

"Aha... but... dolphin males have a prehensile penis. (They can wrap it around objects and carry them)."

Oh, big deal. *I* can do THAT!
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Tue Jan 03, 2006  at  03:12 PM
"Big deal. *I* can do THAT!"

I hope you don't just use it to cheat at cards . . . . Babylon 5 Joke.
Posted by DFStuickey  in  Auckland New Zealand  on  Tue Jan 03, 2006  at  11:36 PM
Cindy and... what was the human's name? Maybe it was Dennis Rodman, except he'd have to divorce himself first, right?
Posted by eriC draveS  in  Over here somewhere  on  Wed Jan 04, 2006  at  02:10 AM
DFStuickey said:

"Well, Cranky Media Guy, I am very impressed - You can extend your urethra out of your penis to an equal length and pick things up with it? And therefore have about 16 inches of love truncheon at your disposal?"

16 inches!? What do you think I am, a normal human? My nickname is The Human Yardstick.

By the way, can't EVERYONE extend their urethra out of their penis to an equal length and pick things up with it? Isn't that what they meant when they said to "Pick up the soap" in the showers at my all-male Catholic high school?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Wed Jan 04, 2006  at  03:13 AM
This was so disturbing to me when I saw it. I saw it on BBC a few mornings ago. My first thought" "I guess all British men really are gay, then."

Ha...don't worry, though...I don't think all British men are gay. Mort's not. I think. cheese
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Wed Jan 04, 2006  at  11:13 AM
Cranky, you are a wit, sir, a wit. And no, we all don't have talented urethras or religious-institutional haemaroids.smile

Maegan, is this rumour about British men the reason women comment so pointedly about my accent?
Posted by DFStuckey  in  Auckland New Zealand  on  Wed Jan 04, 2006  at  09:38 PM
DFStuckey said:

"Cranky, you are a wit, sir, a wit. And no, we all don't have talented urethras or religious-institutional haemaroids."

No? I guess not everyone attended Mt. St. Michael's Academy in the 60's, huh?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Thu Jan 05, 2006  at  02:44 AM
How about the woman who married the Berlin Wall?
VERY strange!
Posted by Mel  on  Sat Jan 07, 2006  at  06:01 PM
hahaha...,I don
Posted by nitedrive  in  sweden  on  Sun Jul 30, 2006  at  10:15 AM
nitedrive, a snap diagnosis that may not be correct smile

Still, is marriage that far away? Consider the rights that people like PETA wish our Non_Thumbed World Citizens ( Animals to the unenlightened ) to have, surely this is not a great stretch.

Cranky, did you actually manage to graduate despite these distractions? smile
Posted by DFStuckey  in  Auckland New Zealand  on  Tue Aug 01, 2006  at  06:34 AM
Fingers crossed to see if any hybrid babies come from this odd pairing. You never know, geneticists can do pretty amazing things now!
Posted by Dark-Star  on  Wed May 21, 2008  at  08:08 PM