Did Poe say 'The best things in life make you sweaty'?
Adolf Hitler Baby Photo Hoax, 1933
Cat that walked 3000 miles to find its owners, 1951
The Man-Eating Tree of Madagascar Hoax, 1874
Rare planetary alignment decreases gravity, 1976
Boy floats away in balloon, 2009
Jennifer Love Hewitt's Disappearing Breasts
Dog wins art contest, 1974
The damp spot that hoaxed a city, 1912
The Crown Prince Regent of Thulia, 1954
Will one be wanting fries with that?
This is obviously fake. For a start, the smoothness of the arms don't match the age of the face. And then there's the more obvious clue. Still, I thought it was amusing.

I think it first appeared a month ago on the b3ta message boards.

Categories: Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Thu Sep 11, 2008
Isn't that....isn't that.....is that the Queen?
Posted by hulitoons  in  Abingdon, Maryland  on  Thu Sep 11, 2008  at  01:56 PM
That does look like my Lizzy too! This photo likely IS a fake but in my area - our McPuke's hire older people, single moms and seniors to handle the shops during the day when the youngin's are in school. I've seen people who are *almost* old enough to be Wallyworld greeters in our busiest branches during the day shifts.. The local McDs reps say its to help promote growth and employment within the community...
Posted by jGrrl  in  JeannieGrrl.Com  on  Thu Sep 11, 2008  at  02:25 PM
>>is that the Queen?<<

That was the more obvious clue!
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Thu Sep 11, 2008  at  04:22 PM
"The local McDs reps say its to help promote growth and employment within the community..."

Old people tend to be on a fixed income and have a need to take any job which will hire them to supplement it.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Thu Sep 11, 2008  at  08:42 PM
"is that the Queen?"

Hulli, have you turned into a Canadian, given that you say THE Queen rather than the British Queen...? wink
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Fri Sep 12, 2008  at  03:42 AM
Well, We are not amused...
Posted by KDP  in  Madill, OK  on  Fri Sep 12, 2008  at  10:09 AM
cheese Hrhrhr, we are NOT amused...
Posted by Alex  in  Germany  on  Fri Sep 12, 2008  at  11:53 AM
I thought the more obvious clue was that the signs behind her seem to be in Japanese....

But then as an American I don't really recognize the British Queen on sight.
Posted by Mimzy  on  Fri Sep 12, 2008  at  01:14 PM
Even as an American, I do recognize the Queen on sight, but I was more amused by the signage. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out, Mimzy.
Posted by Ahdora  in  Minnesota  on  Fri Sep 12, 2008  at  01:44 PM
I've seen several other (less well done) pictures of her related to McDonald's, too. They seem to be a result of <a >this bit of news</a>.
Posted by Accipiter  on  Fri Sep 12, 2008  at  02:13 PM
Great Scot! I spend two weeks in the States and they abolish the monarchy while my back is turned! To think that our poor Lizzie is reduced to this....
Er...while you're at it, I'll have a milk shake too.
Posted by Mr Henderson  in  London, UK  on  Fri Sep 12, 2008  at  07:05 PM
I believe it came from Worth1000's "Celebrity Day Jobs" monthly photoshop contest.
Posted by Jess  on  Sat Sep 13, 2008  at  06:22 PM
Perhaps Queen Elizabeth was there to deliver a fryer-side chat.

Oh, come on. That was funny!
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Mon Sep 15, 2008  at  04:04 AM
Duh... McQueen is there to compete with The Burger KIng.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Mon Sep 15, 2008  at  01:03 PM