When To Stop Tanning
imageHere's a picture that I got in my email, which is appropriate for these hot summer days. Not to be negative about sun worshippers, but it's pretty gross. The woman's skin could have been made to look like that with photoshop, but I suspect the image hasn't been manipulated because I know that there are people whose skin really looks like this.
Categories: Body ManipulationPhotos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Wed Jul 20, 2005
Gross, are there really back wrinkles?
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Wed Jul 20, 2005  at  02:52 PM
I used to live next door to a lady who looked like that, seriously. It pretty much grosses me right out.
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Wed Jul 20, 2005  at  03:55 PM
It's her legs that I find grossest. It's almost as if she's wearing leather pants.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Wed Jul 20, 2005  at  05:05 PM
I'm hoping (and praying and wishing) that she's wearing a brown leather catsuit that doesn't fit well, but I know that's just not true.
Ick.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Wed Jul 20, 2005  at  05:07 PM
The child's reaction is the best part, in my opinion. . .
Posted by Jacob  on  Wed Jul 20, 2005  at  09:43 PM
Reminds me of a birthday card I once read:

"What do old women have between their brests that younger women don't?"

Their navel.

*shudders at the pic.*
Posted by Tirlas  on  Wed Jul 20, 2005  at  10:25 PM
well maybe smoking is also a factor?
Posted by RAMONESxMANIA  on  Wed Jul 20, 2005  at  10:27 PM
Tan or not... smoker or not... oil up just about any old granny and you'd have the same look going on...

The gross part of it is that she oils it up and puts it on display out in public... which most women her age DON'T do...
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Wed Jul 20, 2005  at  11:26 PM
Uhhh... what the hell is her bikini top doing all the way down there grrr

Is it even on ?!?!
Posted by Jockamo  in  Toronto  on  Thu Jul 21, 2005  at  08:59 AM
Yeah, it's on her boobs, which are next to her navel!
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Thu Jul 21, 2005  at  09:10 AM
Ugly people definitely don't have the right to enjoy the sun with their families at the beach.
Posted by cvirtue  on  Thu Jul 21, 2005  at  09:12 AM
What's wrong with a hottie granny gettin' her groove on at the beach? Maybe some of you should see she's one of God's beautiful old creations who is about to die, and give her a break. I hope when my wife is 98 she looks as good as her. Lay off.
Posted by booch  on  Thu Jul 21, 2005  at  12:57 PM
If any of you had to take care of an 80+ person (I worked at a nursing home when I was young) you'd know that old women AND old men have skin like that. It's what happens when you get old...as you're probably going to find out.

Good for her that she's enjoying the beach with friends and family rather than stuck in a home.

I'm with you cvirtue.
Posted by Gee...  on  Thu Jul 21, 2005  at  09:03 PM
What's the matter? She's just old.
I'll tell a really scary thing.
I live in Brazil and some people just don't use sunblockers by some reason. Most people think it is useless. And most people like to toast by 4 hours or more when the sun is in it's top.
There are women with 40 yrs old with the skin worse than that... They use to be fat and full of cellulite and wear very little bikinis. If I was a governor I would forbid it... ugh!
Posted by dark girl  on  Fri Jul 22, 2005  at  04:08 PM
Nasty! EW!!
Posted by thephrog  in  CA USA  on  Mon Jul 25, 2005  at  12:40 AM
Yeah, the wrinkles are scary...but even Canada geese have never flown as far south as those tits of hers.
Posted by Tornado  on  Wed Jul 27, 2005  at  05:39 PM
Like Phyllis Diller said, "You know you're getting old when someone compliments you on your alligator shoes, and you're BAREFOOT!"
Posted by Count Karnstein  in  USA  on  Sat Jul 30, 2005  at  11:18 AM
raspberry i think it is onderful at that age she isn't scare to show off her body. i hope when i get that age i can do the some.
Posted by sher  in  georgia  on  Mon Aug 01, 2005  at  10:22 PM
It's not true that old people generally look like this. If you take care of your skin, you'll never look this way! My grandmother had very pretty skin up to her death at 95. Her face had wrinkles, but her body skin looked very nice. I'm pretty sure she didn't tan much at the beach or elsewhere.
Posted by Suzy  on  Fri Aug 12, 2005  at  02:53 PM
my ex wife threw me out and handed my young children to a 46 yr old man that looked just like this. the joke was on her in the end tho ... he was a child molestor who threw her aside once the kids were removed from her care ... lol sexy lawrie hey wendy ???
Posted by head1ess_chicken  in  brisbane australia  on  Sat Aug 13, 2005  at  10:59 PM
from the shorts on everyone else at that beach, it looks like america, but i just spent the summer in germany, and went to a public lake, and a spa, where i saw an awful lot of old, and overweight people who looked just like that - but more naked.

in a way, though i didn't want to stare long, i thought it was cool they just accepted themselves as they were. pre-cancerous skin and all :D
Posted by valerie  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  11:15 PM
snake ahh holy shit man thats bad i hope shes wearing a plastic suit cuz thats the grosses thing i have ever seen and i dont care about the people who think its old age cuz no one looks that bad old. and her tanning just makes it look worser then it really is..
Posted by ashlee  on  Mon Jan 23, 2006  at  07:24 PM
it cracks me up that everyone is assuming she is a very old woman. some even mentioned her being in her 90's. I have seen several women like that at the health club I work at, that are only in their late 40's and 50's. Besides, if that's her grandson,... that would put her in at most.. her 50's or early 60's. Anyway... that isnt normal old person skin. My grandmother had lovely skin, she had wrinkles on her face, but not many on her body. as for that poor woman's breasts, that's what happens when you over tan, you lose elasticity and collagen from your skin and everything goes south. I'm with you guys when you say good for her that she has self esteem but, that skin prob is from a tanning addiction, and NOT old age!
Posted by Nanc  on  Tue Aug 08, 2006  at  06:00 PM
This is a real lady at Surfside Beach, SC. My parents have a condo there and I have seen her on the beach for years. She is there everyday during the summer smoking cigarettes and drinking beer.
Posted by Melanie  in  NC  on  Fri Aug 11, 2006  at  04:24 PM
I wonder if she knows she looks like that? That's disgusting, she looks like rubber. She prabally has skin cancer.
Posted by Smantha  on  Thu Mar 29, 2007  at  05:37 PM
Omg this is disgusting theres a girl in our class who tans too much and might look like this in a couple of years.
Posted by Cassandra S.  in  Party town texas  on  Wed May 09, 2007  at  02:39 PM
This woman could be made into a leather seat!

I don't know of anyone here in So. Cal that spends that much time on the beach! Looks like the poor kid in the picture is ready to heave.
Posted by DV  in  Southern California - the O.C.  on  Mon May 14, 2007  at  03:40 PM
yeah some people on the beach look like that.. even worse.. i think it hurts..

tan is strange with me.. I'm a south slavian.. during the winter I'm super white.. but my hands, forearms and neck are darker.. looks like shit.. every summer I'm tanning every part of my body.. even my ass (on the terrace).. i don't wear tshirts from 11 to 18.. and still.. I think I'm somewhere stuck in the evolution between being white and brown.. i have to go to solarium in the winter so i wouldn't look like a field worker when I get naked raspberry
Posted by goat_with_a_helmet  in  Burgas, Bulgaria  on  Wed Jun 27, 2007  at  10:10 PM
omgosh! that's nasty! i wont be like her! but there is sumthing wrong with her boobs!! blah
Posted by Laine  on  Mon Feb 08, 2010  at  08:28 PM
I can imagine what her face looks like.
Posted by Tom  on  Thu Feb 25, 2010  at  11:25 AM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.