Jennifer Love Hewitt's Disappearing Breasts
Dead Body of Loch Ness Monster Found, 1972
Eccentric's last prank, 66 years after his death, 1900
Adolf Hitler Baby Photo Hoax, 1933
Script of Casablanca rejected, 1982
The Stone-Age Tasaday Hoax, 1971
USA Today Photo Request
I just received this request from USA Today. I'm not sure how to respond to it. Any suggestions?

Hello,
We are doing a story on 10 great places that have fools in their name. Do
you have any handout photographs of the exterior or interior of the museum?
Thanks so much,
Life Picture Desk
USA TODAY
Categories: Miscellaneous, Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Mon Mar 21, 2005
What'd you end up telling her, Razela? I think I'd be quite nasty and snap, "Think up your own damn story ideas, lady!" Reminds me of this:

I caught that show and almost died. Good Lord, the thievery!

And Alex: hoax 'em, hoax 'em good!
Posted by Katherine  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  02:50 AM
OH MY ME, COMMANDER RIKER STEERED ME WRONG???

It cannot be. I don't even remember watching the show about three years ago. Or do I?
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  03:46 AM
rip open the server and take some pics of the memorybanks and harddisks
Posted by Unfairly Balanced  in  Earth  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  04:32 AM
a photo of yourselve wearing something ridiculous for the soutside; and an X-ray for the inside....
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  04:46 AM
How about a photograph of the Ananova building?!
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  04:50 AM

I haven't been able to find a better picture.... if you want to know *why* I looked for this one, this is a better picture of the statue in front;

:D
Posted by aw  in  Glasgow  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  07:39 AM
Send a pic of your moniter for the exterior shot and remove the cover of the CPU and use that for the interior
Posted by mIKE  in  MASS  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  10:40 AM
Alex, I think you should go down to balboa park and take a picture of one of the museums or buildings there. It would look more San Diego-ish, and not so east coast.

And Katherine, I told her anything I could remember about the incident (it had to do with a counterfeighting chain from when i was in high school). Unfortunately it was years ago so I didn't remember much, she can spend her own time looking up old newspaper articles on it.
Posted by Razela  in  Chicago, IL  on  Tue Mar 22, 2005  at  10:49 AM
My original idea was to send them a photo of the inside of your computer. But it would be neat to hoax the people writing about hoaxes by sending them a photo of another building.
Posted by Doug  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  02:00 PM
How about my school?
the van on the playground is delivering a new hoax item you ordered off of eBay raspberry and you use the field and playground as a hoax items market where you make most of your money raspberry
Posted by thunder  in  England  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  02:45 PM
Here's an English B&B

/Copy of Nitas B&B 004.jpg" title ="B&B"] B&B
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  03:56 PM
Send 'em a picture of the Taj Mahal.
That's close enough for USA today, and, if they're up to their usaul standard of reporting, they probably won't recognize the image.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  05:29 PM
Er, make that "their usual standard of reporting."
I'm up to my usual standard of typing, obviously.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  11:08 AM
How about Cologne Cathedral?

Posted by Nick  in  Merrie Olde Englande  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  12:27 PM
Alex-
Here are 3 shots of buildings in San Diego and one from Singapore. I chose these for their "funky museum" looks. I can dotor-up any of your choosing with a nice M.o.H. logo for the article. I'll try to find some interiors next.

Posted by Eric  in  Carlsbad, CA  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  04:12 PM
I agree with Eric. I like the pictures of already existing museums in balboa park. They look more real for san diego.
Posted by Razela  in  Chicago, IL  on  Sat Mar 26, 2005  at  01:08 PM
"http://users.tkk.fi/~mwesterb/iaeste/iaeste/glasgow/2.jpg

:D
Posted by aw on Tue Mar 22, 2005 at 04:39 AM"

Next time I'm in Glasgow, I'll make a better picture of the front of the statue and post it in the same place... I own thorwald.nl 8-)
Posted by Bokkie  in  Netherlands  on  Tue Jul 12, 2005  at  03:43 AM
ahahaha i live beside the amityville house on ocean avenue and it is ssosoooooo freaky!!! i heard the shots of the guns and if u have any quesions ask!
from , omg i hope we move soon! shock shock
Posted by ihopeimovesoon  in  amityville, NY  on  Sun Jan 15, 2006  at  11:21 AM
Comments: Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2