Swiss peasants harvest spaghetti from trees, 1957
BMW's April Fool's Day Hoaxes
Dog wins art contest, 1974
Boy floats away in balloon, 2009
Lord Gordon-Gordon, robber of the robber barons, 1871
The disumbrationist art hoax, 1924
Trompe l’oeil Murals
Some photos of the mural paintings of Eric Grohe have been doing the rounds. The coolest ones, I think, are the ones where people are standing and looking at the paintings, and you can't quite tell if the people are part of the painting or not.

image image image
image image image
image image image
Categories: Art
Posted by The Curator on Tue May 10, 2005
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
He is a very, very talented man.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Tue May 10, 2005  at  12:34 PM
It would be fun to have something like that on a wall in your house.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Tue May 10, 2005  at  01:41 PM
That is just so cool. I want to buy a building just to have him paint the side.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Tue May 10, 2005  at  02:48 PM
I really enjoying visiting your site. It's filled with the things that make life fun and keeps the brain on its toes. Thank you!
Posted by Tony  in  Atlanta, GA  on  Tue May 10, 2005  at  02:49 PM
That's very impressive. Has anyone seen this art in person? I'm curious about how detailed it is up close or if the illusion is mainly the result of the scale.
Posted by Ruben  in  Seattle  on  Tue May 10, 2005  at  05:45 PM
That's a mean trick to play on the nearsighted!
Posted by Citizen Premier  in  spite of public outcry  on  Tue May 10, 2005  at  06:02 PM
I'd want one painted on a wall with some automatic doors in it (also painted of course).

I'd wait until a group of passers-by were suitably intrigued enough to go up and touch the wall, then pull a 'road-runner' on them and disappear into the apparently painted scene.

A hidden camera would then capture their boggle-eyes, double-takes and general gibbering for my unending amusement.

But I'm just cruel.
Posted by David B.  in  Reading, England.  on  Tue May 10, 2005  at  07:54 PM
Wow. Amazing talent. cool smile
Posted by Shah  in  Singapore  on  Thu May 12, 2005  at  05:57 PM
Hi, where (sites) I found more pictures like that? Are great!
Posted by Thiago Leme  on  Tue Oct 11, 2005  at  02:17 PM