Get MOH Blog Posts by Email
Top 10 Worst Excuses Offered by Students for not Turning in Papers
Teacher Larry Wilson offers up these gems, all of which really were told to him by tardy students:
- "I had too much homework in my important classes."
- "I'm having a baby this weekend, can I turn it in later."
- "I turned it in, and I guess you lost it."
- "Glee was on."
- "I'm a crack baby."
- "I'm working on my essay at home."
- "My allergies are extremely bad right now, and I'm on my period. It's VERY heavy flow, so I apologize in advance if I freak out on you or anyone."
- "It's at my mom's house, and I'm at my dad's this week"
- "My mom wouldn't let me do my homework."
- "I ran out of paper, so I did my homework on this paper towel. Is that okay?"
|More from the Hoax Museum Archives:|
Dang! None of those would have worked for me. I was in boarding schools and had not just teachers but counselors who checked on us constantly during night-homework hours. Besides, we didn't have television or radio and NO internet and we didn't know what paper towels were LOL!!!Posted by hulitoons in Abingdon, Maryland on Fri May 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Is it bad that 1, 3, and 9 have all legitimately happened to me? Number 3 has happened multiple times. Sometimes an excuse is really the honest explanation of a situation. Teachers should admit that they mess up, too.Posted by Moira in Salem, Mass. on Sun Jun 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM