Samsung invents the on/off switch
Use your left ear to detect lies
Jean Gauntt, the Immortal Baby, 1939
The Nazi Air Marker Hoax, 1942
A black lion: real or fake?
The Nobody For President Campaign, 1940 to Present
Swiss peasants harvest spaghetti from trees, 1957
Pierre Brassau, Monkey Artist, 1964
Female thieves hide money in their bras, 1950
Prankster causes volcano to erupt, 1974
Toast Appears on Jesus Christ
John Ordover sent this in. He was looking at a picture of Jesus (or rather, an artist's interpretation of what Jesus might have looked like) when he realized a piece of toast had miraculously appeared on it. I think this must be a message from John's toaster! But can we be sure that actually is a piece of toast? It kinda looks like a granola bar to me.
Categories: Pareidolia, Religion
Posted by The Curator on Sun Mar 30, 2008
Hey, maybe it's the toast or grilled cheese sandwiches that are really divine in nature! The fact that a face can magically appear on toasted bread is proof to me that maybe bread is divine in nature. Bread Bless America!
Posted by Robert Madewell  in  Arkansas  on  Fri Apr 04, 2008  at  05:23 PM
Isn't that Melba Toast?
Posted by Thomas Love  in  Carson, CA  on  Fri Apr 04, 2008  at  06:52 PM
Here's an image I put a little more effort into:
http://www.mediamax.com/ummosirius/Hosted/Jesus toast copy.jpg
Posted by UmmoSirius  in  River City, CA  on  Sat Apr 05, 2008  at  02:22 PM
Hmm, I don't know - while the toast seems real, the figure of Christ is pixilated into little sqaure-shaped boxes.
Posted by John Ordover  in  New York  on  Sun Apr 06, 2008  at  08:17 AM
Amazing. Let us all raise our glasses and drink to this amazing piece of grilled bread! La'Chiam
Posted by Brad Templeton  in  California  on  Sun Apr 06, 2008  at  02:34 PM
Ordover, I hope you're joking. It's not pixelated, it's a mural.
Posted by UmmoSirius  in  River City, CA  on  Sun Apr 06, 2008  at  03:58 PM
Actually, it's a mosaic, a art form in which small pieces of tile are used to create images.

Does that answer your question?
Posted by John Ordover  on  Mon Apr 07, 2008  at  06:11 AM
It does indeed. My bad. =)
Posted by UmmoSirius  in  River City, CA  on  Mon Apr 07, 2008  at  10:42 AM
Seriously? No one has cracked a Holy Wheat pun yet?
Posted by BenRifkah  on  Mon Apr 07, 2008  at  06:34 PM
Is the bread leavened?
That really is the question, isn't it?
Posted by fred ginko  in  South of Lake Ontario  on  Wed Apr 09, 2008  at  04:04 PM
thats not funny y would any body talk about jesus thats not funny @ al
Posted by Brenda  in  warren  on  Wed Apr 16, 2008  at  01:28 PM
Is that wheat or rye?
Posted by Mitch  in  Denver  on  Sun Apr 20, 2008  at  01:30 PM
Posted by stefan  in  uk  on  Mon Apr 21, 2008  at  09:29 AM
For all of you who can't see it - it's in the lower right corner-ish.
Posted by hfrr  on  Sun Oct 26, 2008  at  07:53 PM
I think you're all missing the point.
The toast represents a free pass to heaven.
You must present the toast at the perley gates.
Posted by sungod  in  Ottawa  on  Tue Jan 06, 2009  at  09:34 AM
Either this man, or the toast must have WMD's.

I think we should invade both their countries just to be sure.
Posted by Oscar  in  Australia  on  Sat Jan 31, 2009  at  07:56 AM
obviously ya'll are very bored individuals with absolutely nothing better to do. =]
Posted by Mother Mary  in  Heaven  on  Fri Feb 13, 2009  at  11:57 AM
toast tastes good
Posted by josh  in  missouri  on  Thu Feb 26, 2009  at  04:06 PM
toast tastes really good
Posted by josh again  in  missura  on  Thu Feb 26, 2009  at  04:08 PM
Jesus likes toast!

P.S. peeps, please dont say Gods name in vain!Seriously your looking at the picture of his son!
Posted by josh again again  in  missurai  on  Thu Feb 26, 2009  at  04:10 PM
Dude from Australia,
thats Jesus Christ you dimwit!!!!
Posted by josh again again again  in  THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA  on  Thu Feb 26, 2009  at  04:13 PM
Bit stupid don't you think?
Posted by Kala  in  England  on  Mon Apr 27, 2009  at  01:56 PM
i have a rusted shelf that has the image face of Jesus Christ!
Posted by victor  in  jersey city  on  Fri Jul 31, 2009  at  11:48 PM
Posted by victor  in  nj  on  Mon Aug 17, 2009  at  09:37 AM
Great Site. Thank you!
Posted by Kristal L. Rosebrook  in  Tampa  on  Mon Aug 31, 2009  at  05:17 AM
Christ on a cracker!
Posted by makoto  in  nowhere  on  Sat Sep 26, 2009  at  01:59 PM
Hi,
I think it is a fake.Somebody is joking.I think it is very bad doing all these mischivious things regarding such holly persons.I cant believe on this picture.
Posted by batterien  on  Wed Nov 25, 2009  at  12:38 AM
Hi,
I think it is a fake.Somebody is kidding.This is very bad thing to do these type of mischivious things with such kind of holly persons.i can't believe on this picture.
Posted by batterien  on  Wed Nov 25, 2009  at  12:59 AM
I am going to say that this is clearly 'shopped. No way a piece of toast can be that perfectly square, and that perfectly toasted. My toast ALWAYS ends up half toasted and half untoasted.
Posted by online arcade  in  usa  on  Mon Jan 11, 2010  at  05:56 AM
I am sorry Jesus... Ha ha ha, I am only doing the April joke for the fools, so do not consign my soul to everlasting damnation, okay Jdog
Posted by online arcade  in  usa  on  Mon Jan 11, 2010  at  07:39 AM
Comments: Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >