Tibetan Dragons
image A photograph of what appears to be dragons flying in the sky above Tibet has been generating some attention. The photograph was taken over a year ago:

On June 22, 2004, the photographer went to Tibet’s Amdo region to attend the Qinghai-to-Xizang Railroad laying ceremony, and then took a plane from Lhasa to fly back inland. When flying over the Himalaya’s, he accidentally caught these two "dragons" in a picture that he took. He called these two objects "the Tibet dragons."

To me the 'dragons' (you can see their 'tails' in the lower left corner of the picture... click the thumbnail to enlarge it) appear to obviously be clouds. Or maybe they're some kind of formation on the ground. But yeah, I can see the resemblance to dragons.
Categories: CryptozoologyPhotos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Wed Aug 10, 2005
I'm with Mark. These are just two glaciers running into each other. The streaks are just the 'till' -sedimentary detritus churned up by the glacier.

I've written stuff and added photos here:
Posted by dave from blather.net  in  London, just right now  on  Fri Dec 09, 2005  at  02:19 PM
We all knew the dragons are not real. Now, at first they did look like clouds, but seeing these other images, I can see they're something on the ground instead. I don't really care if the dragons are real, anyway, because all these pictures are nice to look at. smile
Posted by Rachel  on  Tue Jan 10, 2006  at  01:47 PM
it seemes to me to be a land formation. at least the top one. The bottom one is in a strange position might be as the artical says clouds, but i realy dought it. *shrugs*
Posted by kacoshi ajewl  on  Sun Mar 12, 2006  at  10:55 AM
HA! I was comparing the river picture, and the tail picture, and they are definetly not the same. first, they come together at the wrong place. Second, the top one tapers of to a point. Sorry to say, these are not solved yet... and the comparing them to several cloud formarions, they are definitly not clouds...
Posted by Donald  in  New Mexico  on  Sat May 06, 2006  at  11:56 PM
Im not quite sure what it is myself but it looks quite contrated to the rest of the view. My theory is that it was either photshoped or something or that it is a reflection of somthing INSIDE the aircraft
Posted by rudd  in  australia  on  Sat Apr 21, 2007  at  04:34 AM
theory is cool.. first thought it was cloud formation but the consistency seemed different to the others. but the frozen river thing is cool.. cuz it does look like a segmented body of a serpent like dragon.
Posted by Memphis Atari  in  Hawaii  on  Tue Jun 19, 2007  at  04:37 PM
now...if those are ti|3etans AnD flying...it is possi|3le...they can't |3e on ground cz : too |3ig + the ground area is dark...dragon 'fossils' can't |3e found cz it decomposites VERY fast...Dr. Ernest Drake explains more in 'Dragonology: The COmplete |3ook Of Dragons'

-Kyoru-
Posted by Kyoru  on  Fri Aug 24, 2007  at  09:25 AM
I dont believe in that the tibetan dragons picture i just think it is some kind of rock formation but for what craig said about the magic eye things they do actually work i can do them my self.
Posted by Laura  in  Shropshire  on  Wed Dec 30, 2009  at  08:27 AM
Dragons are such interesting creatures, whther myth or not. This srpant creature appears in stories of every culture around the world. Could it be a possiblilty that they may have once existed?

By looking at this picture, it is a puzzling situation. But the quailty of the picture itself and the quality of the drtagon "image" doesn't seem to mathc. this may very well be a hoax, or a photoshoppd picture (its not that hard to do, actually).

But who knows? The world is full of mysteries...
Posted by daiirokit  on  Tue Aug 24, 2010  at  08:16 AM
I have my own dragons
Posted by bariga  in  ny  on  Fri Oct 15, 2010  at  06:10 AM
The picture is pretty cool, but the evidence is very enough. I wanna believe there could be some kind of creature out there like a dragon, but there really isn't proof. I'M a person who likes to be proven wrong. So if anyone has any proof of a dragon or a sea monster, or just anything. send me a picture and the story behind it. Thanks wink
Posted by keaton peck  on  Tue Nov 16, 2010  at  08:25 PM
Comments: Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.