Tibetan Dragons
image A photograph of what appears to be dragons flying in the sky above Tibet has been generating some attention. The photograph was taken over a year ago:

On June 22, 2004, the photographer went to Tibet’s Amdo region to attend the Qinghai-to-Xizang Railroad laying ceremony, and then took a plane from Lhasa to fly back inland. When flying over the Himalaya’s, he accidentally caught these two "dragons" in a picture that he took. He called these two objects "the Tibet dragons."

To me the 'dragons' (you can see their 'tails' in the lower left corner of the picture... click the thumbnail to enlarge it) appear to obviously be clouds. Or maybe they're some kind of formation on the ground. But yeah, I can see the resemblance to dragons.
Categories: CryptozoologyPhotos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Wed Aug 10, 2005
It's a glacier, end of story.
Posted by Adrian Rice  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  10:30 AM
They look like contrails that are being disrupted by the wind.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  10:31 AM
I see a giant panda in the mountains. Maybe the dragon is running from the panda.
Posted by Floormaster Squeeze  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  12:35 PM
It's REAL I tell you!!!!
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  01:38 PM
Crap, this is like those magic eye things from the 90's. Never could see the picture in them either.
Posted by Craig  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  01:56 PM
I can see what appears to be dragon tails, but I can make the same thing in my photo shop program and put clouds over it with the lightening tool. Easy.
Obviously some sort of normal formation with only a part of it showing, or photoshopped. Interesting, though. Why only one picture? If I saw dragons, I'd be taking as many photos as I could. I wouldn't tell anyone either, unless the photos came out really good and there was another witness. But even then...raspberry I still don't think anyone would believe me.
Sorry, rambling. I'll hush now.
Posted by thephrog  in  CA USA  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  02:44 PM
oh they are real enough and when they unleash their wrath on the Chinese overlords who have assumed rule in Tibet, the mighty shall fall...Free Tibet!!!
Posted by Chuck  in  Rhode Island  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  03:45 PM
I second the glacier theory - thats the first thing I thought of when I saw them.
Posted by Saribellum  in  Another Time  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  06:25 PM
Where are the dragons?
I only see clouds above mountains.

But I'm another one who never could see those "Magic Eye" pictures.
Posted by Big Gary C in Dallas  in  Dallas, Texas, USA  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  06:48 PM
They aren't dragons, and I don't think they are a cloud formation. Its defenitly something on the ground, perhaps a glacier like Adrian Rice said, or a dried river bed, or even an avalanch area. They are definetly not living creatures, they are too large.
Posted by Draconegia  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  08:36 PM
I think whether they're dragons or not, it's still a pretty fantastic pic! smile
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  09:15 PM
My first and only thought when I saw this posting...

"Smerk will be happy."

cheese

PS - It's a glacier...
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  10:30 PM
LOL You know me too well, Mark!
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Wed Aug 10, 2005  at  10:45 PM
Free Tibet...With the purchase of a Tibet of equal or lesser value.
Posted by boatboy  on  Thu Aug 11, 2005  at  11:46 AM
Oh ye of little faith. Gauging by the size of that tail, the dragon would probably be the size of a couple of mountains. Why is it so hard to believe that nobody's ever seen it before? Glaciers, cloud formations, photoshop enhancements, you say. Pfft. It's probably just that big white dude from Neverending Story. And he was nice enough. Then again, that picture probably consitutes enough evidence for W to launch an airstrike...
Posted by Daniel  on  Thu Aug 11, 2005  at  12:05 PM
I guess I can see a "tail"... but I really can't make out much in either picture. The clouds are supposed to look like dragons?
Posted by Reynard Muldrake  on  Thu Aug 11, 2005  at  02:23 PM
this is totally ridicolous... apart from the obvious fakeness of the image, try to think at how big a dragon like that should be.. it would be even visible from satellites!
Posted by napodano  in  Avellino, Italy  on  Fri Aug 12, 2005  at  06:11 AM
Two glaciers running into each other, bone heads.
Posted by Mark  on  Fri Aug 12, 2005  at  12:48 PM
Maybe it's two Boneheads running into a glacier...it could happen
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Fri Aug 12, 2005  at  12:53 PM
Stop using ridiculous theories to prove that the pictures are fake. It was stated several times that the dragons are too large to be real. The dragons are supposed to be flying, not sitting at ground level you idiots. The only evidence you need to figure this one out is that dragons do not exist.
Posted by cybernectic ghost of xmas past from the future  on  Fri Aug 12, 2005  at  03:43 PM
Geez, first "boneheads" and then "idiots". People are getting a little testy about these dragons. I don't know what the hell I'm looking at in the pictures... I may be able to believe it's a dragon when I see a face. The world is a strange place.
Posted by Reynard Muldrake  on  Fri Aug 12, 2005  at  06:39 PM
Dragons aren't real.

Just thought I'd bring it up.
Posted by Craig  on  Sat Aug 13, 2005  at  09:24 AM
Reynard, did you mean a Dragon Face, or just any old face? I've just seen a face I can't forget the time or place...Tibet? You bet
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Sat Aug 13, 2005  at  10:36 AM
i see the face of jesus.

Not in the picture you understand, just permanently burned into my retina
Posted by David  on  Sun Aug 14, 2005  at  09:43 AM
Hairy Houdini, well... a dragon face is preferable.
Posted by Reynard Muldrake  on  Sun Aug 14, 2005  at  01:56 PM
THis is 2 rivers converging with photshop touch up done to the photo
Posted by BLacqlord  in  Arizona USA  on  Sun Aug 21, 2005  at  10:24 AM
looks to me like its a reflection in the aircraft window of a the handle of a piece of luggage. Could be made of wicker to give that effect.
Posted by Ian  on  Thu Aug 25, 2005  at  04:15 AM
Hi, I just want you guys to know that the mystery of the tibet dragon was solved by me. I posted the satelite images of the exact location on where the photo of the dragon was taken and it turns out to be an icy river, I hope you guys would correct that article , thnx. Heres the links

1. the forum where it was solved http://www.solid07.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=125793&st=0&#e;ntry2233359;
2. images locations

Posted by Tom  on  Thu Aug 25, 2005  at  04:30 PM
hey tom how could i find that picture on google earth i've been searching for ages
Posted by Stix  in  A monkey cage  on  Fri Aug 26, 2005  at  08:35 AM
The "dragon tail" is vissible in the bottom left corner hading oust of the pickture, remeber that its an Asian style dragon, not a vestern style dragon (ie large serpent like, like the dragon in "neverending story")

It does look a bit to solid to be a coloud formation thou....
Posted by Sereena  on  Sun Oct 16, 2005  at  05:23 AM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.