Mencken's fake history of the bathtub, 1917
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
Mule elected G.O.P. committeeman, 1938
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
The Man-Eating Tree of Madagascar Hoax, 1874
The Power of Makeup
Status: Viral email
Pasted below is the content of an email that's going around. It's not a hoax, but it deals with issues of camouflage and deception. (It also reminds me of some Before and After pictures that I posted over a year ago.) The subject line of the email is: Never underestimate the power of makeup.

image
image
image
Categories: Email Hoaxes, Photos/Videos, Politics
Posted by The Curator on Mon Nov 14, 2005
ahahaahhaahha
Posted by Avi  in  Melbourne, Australia  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  01:56 AM
Shouldn't this go under Status: Real?
Posted by Steph  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  03:04 AM
Hahahahahahaha. Very funny.
Posted by Reynard Muldrake  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  04:00 AM
Fantastic what can be done with makeup LOL
Posted by Mikkel  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  05:38 AM
Ha! Funny, I received this in my email last night too, and I was thinking of posting it to the jokes forum today. smile
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  12:49 PM
It's odd, though; the criticism I have heard of George W. Bush is that he flubs his words and is none too clever. Him being physically ugly isn't really a meme, although plenty of people argue that he is spiritually or metaphorically ugly. Indeed, he is surprisingly trim and well-preserved for someone of his age, and if I absolutely had to kiss a man and I had a choice between George W. Bush and - for example - Hugo Chavez of Venezuela, or Jeb Bush, or Fidel Castro, I would choose George. He probably wears a superior brand of aftershave, which can make all the difference when kissing a man.

I have never kissed a horse, but a horse has licked my hand. I have never touched a horse's behind.
Posted by Ashley Pomeroy  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  03:18 PM
Ole George has always looked more like an agry lil monkey to me than anything.
Posted by Zoe  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  04:43 PM
As usual with such pairs of pictures, all of the "befores" look better to me than the "afters."
Posted by Big Gary in an undisclosed location  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  07:00 PM
Ashely, gay much?
Posted by Phuk  on  Mon Nov 14, 2005  at  10:32 PM
I must say, it's a pretty accurate e-mail. I also found a link that explains his stupidity.
Enjoy.

Posted by Lady Hedoniste  in  Chilling with 14 other tiny people in your head.  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  02:07 AM
OK, the one on the lower left is the president of the United States. Who's the guy on the right bottom?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  04:33 AM
I imagine it's the president without (spiritual) makeup. tongue wink
Posted by Mikkel  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  05:13 AM
Why would they make a horse's ass uglier?
Posted by Craig  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  10:07 AM
Am I the only one who is getting tired of the same jokes, over and over? Honestly, I thought it couldn't get any worse than with Clinton, but the Bush bashers are just recycling everyone else's jokes. I dislike Bush as much as the next guy, but I also appreciate good, original humor.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  11:54 AM
Yep, you're the only one, Charydbis...
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  02:55 PM
OK, Charybdis, I'll observe a moratorium on jokes about Bush.
By the way, here's a fact about Bush:
When reporters asked him for an analysis of his just-completed trip to Latin America (reports that he stayed up all night studying Latin so he could talk with the natives are uncomfirmed), G.W. Bush's appraisal was:
"Wow, Brazil is really big."

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
Posted by Big Gary, from underground  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  06:13 PM
Oops, make that "unconfirmed."

Serves me right for letting Jenna do my proofreading.
Posted by Big Gary, from underground  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  06:15 PM
Hey, I'm not saying anyone should stop. I'm just saying the quality of the jokes has pretty much bottomed out. It's like listening to David Spade.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  06:19 PM
He is also claimed to have called both the continent of Africa and the american state of Hawa
Posted by Lady Hedoniste  in  Chilling with 14 other tiny people in your head.  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  06:59 PM
Charybdis said:

"I dislike Bush as much as the next guy, but I also appreciate good, original humor."

Yeah, I went for the cheap shot, just for the sake of getting a joke on here. Did you HAVE to compare me to David Spade though? That really hurts. I'm going to go cry now.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  07:32 PM
im not a fan of bush, but yes bush jokes are getting repeatative (hes STOOPID, SO STOOPID hurhurhur) but i liked this one, because i didnt see it coming,
Posted by joeodd  on  Wed Nov 16, 2005  at  03:23 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that's the magic of makeup!
Posted by Dinorider d'Andoandor  in  Dinotopia  on  Thu Nov 17, 2005  at  10:58 PM
shock
...how dare you insult the beautiful rump of a horse like that?...it should have been a dirty pee and poop eating chimpanzee (no offense to the chimp of course)

menotyou
Posted by menotyou  in  joisey  on  Tue Nov 22, 2005  at  01:46 PM
Posted by t allen  in  atlanta georgia  on  Fri Dec 23, 2005  at  11:42 AM
Pauly Shore?
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Fri Dec 23, 2005  at  12:30 PM
t allen said:

"That would actually be funny if it were a picture of Hillary Clinton, and not of the man who actually has the gonads to defend this country."

Uh, save us from what? You DO know that Bush has admitted publicly that Hussein had NOTHING to do with 9/11, right? Given that and the fact that he hasn't caught binLaden yet, exactly what is he "defending" us from? We attacked a country that didn't attack us--funny way to "defend," don't you think?

Since 15 of the 19 terrorists involved in the WTC attack were from Saudi Arabia and NONE were Iraqis, shouldn't we have attacked Saudi Arabia (assuming we had to attack anyone at all, that is)?

If you choose to reply, please be specific and don't engage in insults, OK?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Fri Dec 23, 2005  at  07:33 PM
I
Posted by nitedrive  in  sweden  on  Mon Jul 31, 2006  at  06:08 PM
we should have more respect for these fine animals
Posted by Ben Franklin  on  Sat Jun 16, 2007  at  12:11 AM
Bush looks great: nice elaboration smile
Posted by Blog Literature  in  USA  on  Thu Sep 23, 2010  at  04:11 PM