The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals, 1959
A black lion: real or fake?
Jernegan's Gold Accumulator Scam, 1898
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
Female thieves hide money in their bras, 1950
Prankster causes volcano to erupt, 1974
Lord Gordon-Gordon, robber of the robber barons, 1871
Tourist Guy 9/11 Hoax, Sep 2001
Baby Yoga, aka Swinging Your Kid Around Your Head
Fake Fish Photos
The Big 4-0
I turn forty today. Getting old! Shown are two of my birthday presents: a Feejee mermaid (from my wife) and a replica of the Piltdown Man skull (from my parents). They look kind of creepy together, but I think they're cool. With all these things I'm acquiring, I'll be able to open a real Museum of Hoaxes soon!
Categories: Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Fri Jun 13, 2008
Happy Birthday Alex! Love the gifts, they look awesome.

It's some girl in my office's b-day today too. She turned 21, and now I feel old. Dang, whipper snappers. Is it cold in here? Where's my quilt?! confused
Posted by DC  in  Los Angeles, CA  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  12:29 PM
Happy Birthday, young man!
Posted by Bill  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  12:34 PM
Good God, man, you're OLD! Happy birthday!
Posted by David Emery  in  Northern California  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  02:07 PM
Happy Birthday. You are neither young, nor old. Welcome to the middle ages.

I turn 50 this year, and am glad to report that I am sharp as a - er - whadda ya call them things you use to stick papers to a bulliten board...
Posted by OriginalSim  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  02:21 PM
Happy birthday, and keep up the great work!
Posted by Sarah  in  Portland  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  02:51 PM
Many more Alex!
Posted by Unfairly Balanced  in  Earth  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  04:13 PM
HB, oldtimer!
Posted by Tobester  in  New Jersey  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  04:23 PM
Happy birthday, Junior!
Posted by Big Gary  in  Los Olmos, Texas  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  05:03 PM
Happy Birthday, Alex.

Great presents. smile
Posted by Tah  in  Idaho (Yes, Idaho)  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  05:48 PM
Gee, when you were born I was in route to Goodfellow AFB, TX after completing tech school at Keesler AFB, Mississippi. Happy birthday baby.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  07:50 PM

Chewing Gum?
Posted by Sharruma  in  capable of finishing a coherent  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  07:51 PM
Happy Birthday! I bet it must be nice having a fee jee mermaid that came from back in your day, huh?
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  08:02 PM
Happy birthday, Alex! Hope it was fun. Great presents, too. Replicas of hoaxes just have that nice air to them.
Posted by Archibold  on  Fri Jun 13, 2008  at  09:24 PM
Happy birthday! The best is still to come smile
Posted by eovti  in  Sandefjord, Norway  on  Sat Jun 14, 2008  at  02:57 AM
I've seen Feejee Mermaids in some Ripley's Believe It Or Not museums, but where did you get the one you own, Alex? Damn, I'm jealous.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Sat Jun 14, 2008  at  04:49 AM
Happy birthday, by the way.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Sat Jun 14, 2008  at  04:50 AM
>>where did you get the one you own<<

eBay, of course. It wasn't even very expensive. (though it's just a little one.)
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Sat Jun 14, 2008  at  01:01 PM
Cool alex youre now 40
Happy birthday BTW if you open youre own real MoH rember to give all of us a discount
Posted by Silvar  in  Philipines  on  Sun Jun 15, 2008  at  12:29 AM
hello mr museum of hoaxes!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

more power to u and ur site. very informative and educational!!!

God bless you and your family always!!!
Posted by rhodalene  in  Dubai, UAE  on  Sun Jun 15, 2008  at  03:45 PM
i wish i had them for presents, too.

cheers!!!
Posted by rhodalene  in  Filipino expat in Dubai, UAE  on  Sun Jun 15, 2008  at  03:49 PM
Dude, 40 is like, sooo cool! (And 37 is realyl too old to be talking like that).

Happy Birthday (ooh - Piltdown Man - I want one of those!)
Posted by Nona  on  Mon Jun 16, 2008  at  08:39 AM
Heck, you're still just a pup. Happy birthday, though.
Posted by Kathleen  in  Indiana, USA  on  Mon Jun 16, 2008  at  11:22 AM
44 here as of May 30th, so don't go crying about being 40 sir!

Hope it was a happy one for you and those gifts are so awesome
Posted by oppiejoe  in  Michigan - USA  on  Mon Jun 16, 2008  at  11:40 AM
Happy Birthday and thanks for being so entertaining all this time!
Posted by Canaduck  on  Tue Jun 17, 2008  at  12:09 AM
Dude, you look pretty rough for only being forty... cripes, that picture shows you've lost all your hair and you're turning black in spots... Oh, wait... that's the Piltdown Man... my bad
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Jun 17, 2008  at  12:30 PM
Happy birthday, fellow Friday the 13th birthday-er! No creative taxidermy gifts for me, unfortunately. Though they do say that if you have bad luck on your birthday, you have bad luck all year... :(
Posted by Laurie  in  Edmonton  on  Tue Jun 17, 2008  at  07:07 PM