Stotham, Massachusetts: the town that didn't exist, 1920
Monkeys pick cotton, a 19th-century urban legend
Mencken's fake history of the bathtub, 1917
Man flies by own lung power, 1934
Female thieves hide money in their bras, 1950
Bonsai Kittens, 2000
The Ancient Art of Yellow Bamboo
image Yellow Bamboo is a form of white magic/martial art developed in Bali. If you sign up to get the free Yellow Bamboo training video then "you can learn very powerful methods to protect yourself and others. If you watch the videos you will see that it is possible to knock down attackers without touching them. This is a very powerful form of personal development." Annoyed by these extravagant claims (particularly the one about being able to knock down opponents without touching them), some Jiu-Jitsu practitioners decided to challenge the local Yellow Bamboo masters to a test "to prove once and for all that no-touch or Chi knockouts are, and have always been, complete and utter bullshit." These were the guidelines for the test: "The YB practitioner assumes a stance on the sand and is given time to prepare his Chi in accordance with YB practices. The challenger then runs 20 feet across the sand and attacks the YB practitioner. As the challenger is making his run, the YB practitioner has to effectively disable or deflect him using his chi." Needless to say, the Yellow Bamboo people completely failed the test.
Categories: Sports
Posted by The Curator on Fri Feb 18, 2005
"How about SCIENCE and scientific training? Are there different rules of physics where you operate?"
I loooove science. I also learned while studying it that Newton was a alchemist. He would probably have never discovered gravity if he wasn't. Mind you though that SCIENCE is still not able to explain gravity. Nor is it able to explain magnetism. It does have theories on how it works.
The double helix of DNA was discovered in a dream.
Link back all big scientists and research their involvment with metaphysics, you'll be in for a surprise.

That is NO true. This statment can only be made if you know everything abaout and know ALL laws of physics. Again this also presuposes that science is complete and finished and that no more research is necessary. I write a little about the what processes are playing in scientific terms in my book so I won't go into detail here. But yes at a certain point things can't be explained by the current knowledge in science.

"That is why James Randi has offered you his foundation's million-dollar prize."
He still owes YB that one though. His prize, now that is a hoax.

"Will you guarantee that there will be NO use of anything other than your magical, mystical powers? I didn't think so."
I do 300%. And you can check everyhing before should you so desire. Yet I think it might be better for YOU if don't come. And I'm very serious here. It might be much to hard for you to handle as you will have to adjust your view on reality as it is defined now. You need to be a very strong person emotionaly and psychological to be able to handle that.

Best regards,
Ku'un Aru
Posted by Ku'un Aru  on  Sat Feb 11, 2006  at  03:30 AM
Ok, Ku'un, you are among the con artist sacks of shit in this world. You are utterly worthless to speak such fallacies. The amazing thing is that some people actually beleive your dumb ass. I'll never come to Bali, I have no need because your and anyone else that claims you can harness your "chi" magic whatever, are loony toons.

I would however like to take you to the floor, and break some of your joints, just in the name of shutting your ass up.

What happened to your yellow crap masters when they tried there excrement in the all telling video available for viewing? Oh that's right, the bjj guy could have literally killed them. Let me guess, the yellow piss masters were nervous about being t3h d3ad|y and therefore held back right? I'm sure you've got some shit to spew from that hole in your face. If I ever see a yellow bamboo person, I will challenge them on the spot. You are a worthless waste of bone and tissue.
Posted by BJJ guy  on  Thu May 18, 2006  at  08:12 PM
Uh, BJJ Guy, you really shouldn't hold your emotions in like that. Please, tell us what you really feel.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Thu May 18, 2006  at  08:49 PM
pfew thank you for your kind words man. If all mothers taught their children so much respect for other persons as yours we would have a beatiful world. And perhaps I will bother with answering your questions than.Good luck with your energy depletion there.
Have fun.
Really you should try it...
Posted by ku'un  on  Mon May 22, 2006  at  04:21 AM
Ku'um Aru said:

'"The objections to what you claim to be able to do are based on the fact that your claims defy the known laws of physics."'

"That is NO true. This statment can only be made if you know everything abaout and know ALL laws of physics."

Absolute nonsense. Would I have to know ALL the laws of physics to realize that if you stood on the sidewalk and I went to the roof above you and dropped a cinder block, you would be in mortal danger?

'"You paying? Can a bring a friend (who will have a video camera) with me at your expense?"'

"That is a very strange question. Why would I pay to give you an opportunity to learn something?
I invited you. If you visit a friend, do you ask him to pay for the bus or your gas? If you go for a job intervies, do you ask your potential boss to pay for your travel?"

No, of course not, but I DO ask phonies who pretend to have special super powers to pick up the tab before I travel halfway around the world to witness utter nonsense.

Hey, tell you what. I invite you to travel here to Oregon where I fly without any external power source. Yup, fly like a bird, all around the sky. Really, you should see it, it's amazing. I just jump up and glide all around, carried on the wind.

No, I'm not paying for your travel. Why should I pay for you to witness the single most amazing event in the history of humanity?

So, when can I expect you to arrive? You aren't afraid to see something astounding, are you? How can you possibly pass up this opportunity?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Mon May 22, 2006  at  04:30 PM
Well i'am lerning the yallow bambu with a
free level 1 video and it's amaizing feel
the energy
but I have prectice the exercice 3 days ago
and the energy i feel is amaizing, I can feel
verry hot in my hand, like i am burning.

Hi evryone
God bless you all
Hi ku'un thx for your comments =)
Posted by Jorge  in  Mexico, monterrey  on  Sat Jun 17, 2006  at  01:40 AM
Jorge said:

"I have practices 6 months ago with energy doing telekinesis and psballs (for all how studied this you will know) and the results were not what I espect.
but I have prectice the exercice 3 days ago
and the energy i feel is amaizing, I can feel
verry hot in my hand, like i am burning."

Jorge, a feeling in your hand is VERY subjective. Telekinesis is NOT. If you could demonstrate that you had an extraordinary ability that science could not explain, not only would you be more than eligible for a million dollar prize, you would also be contributing immeasurably to the advance of human knowledge.

My best guess is that you will NEVER be able to demonstrate such an ability, no matter how much you practice. How much time are you willing to waste on this before you concede that telekinesis is impossible?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Sun Jun 18, 2006  at  02:12 AM
Hi Jorge,

Thank you for your comments. As you can see it takes some curage.
Yet on the the other hand on the courses I give, I have a lot of people that have been doing tai-chi for a while and they say they were never able to feel the energy in their dan tien, or if they did it was less strong.
If you have any questions on the exercises you are doing, you are free to contact me through my website at: http://www.zensation.info and I'll be glad to help you.

Have fun,
Ku'un
Posted by Ku'un  on  Fri Jun 23, 2006  at  10:02 AM
Ku'un said:

"Thank you for your comments. As you can see it takes some curage."

Spellcheck apparantly not required.

"The energy of Yellow Bamboo develops quicker than most systems I have seen or tried. But yes indeed the feeling in your hand might be subjective, I can not judge that unless I see you do the exercises and sense your energy."

An ability to detect irony is NOT included.

"About the telekinesis, at level 3 you learn more about that, and yes it is not so subjective and yes you can actually see it. You also learn about the esoteric counterpart of it, but I won't go into detail about that here."

This reminds me of Scientology where they won't let you in on the "big secret" about Xenu putting hydrogen bombs inside all the volcanos on Earth and separating humans from their souls until they have extracted sufficient cash from you.

Hey, Juan, I think you should ask yourself if these guys can really employ telekinesis, the ability to move physical objects with their minds, why they don't arrange to demonstrate that ability under controlled conditions and collect the milion dollars offered by the James Randi Educational Foundation? I can't imagine anything that can be more easily tested than telekinesis.

"Here's your object. You can't touch it with any part of your body. Now move it with your mind." The protocol for such a test should be very easy to arrange.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Fri Jun 23, 2006  at  04:15 PM

Ps. Spell check if it gives you more satisfaction in life.
Posted by Ku'un  on  Sat Jun 24, 2006  at  04:11 AM
Ku'un said:

"Hmm reminds me of a test we once ... oh no forgot... twice did with a Randi representative. The object was not to be touched physicaly, but was moved in both instances... only Randi found some excuses every time, as for instance with the protocols."

James Randi runs a tax exempt educational foundation, subject to the laws of the United States. You are making a serious allegation of fraud here. I'm sure you realize that if he were to refuse to pay a claimant who actually had demonstrated supernatural abilities (as telekinesis would be), he would be liable for the million dollars as well as penalties. If you honestly believe what you say here, then I can't imagine why you wouldn't have hired a lawyer and sued Randi and his Foundation.

My understanding is that all testing for the JREF Million Dollar Challenge is videotaped. That would seem to make your claim of fraud easy to prove. Under those circumstances, why have you not brought suit against Randi?

"Ps. Spell check if it gives you more satisfaction in life."

I guess I'm just amused by an "enlightened master" who can't spell simple words. As a hobby, spellchecking beats imagining that you can knock people down with the power of your mind--not that any sane person would ever think such a thing, of course.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Sun Jun 25, 2006  at  08:52 PM
Pfeeeew, you are kidding right?
Actually I hold a degree in law, so I am well aware about the possibilities and what would be involved.
Yes, I can be very blatent in it, Randi is a fraud. There is a press relaease about it which goes more into detail about the facts.

Very short:
1) Randi's representative was knocked down, Randi claims that the protocol was not followed.
This is on videotape.
2) The picture was a bit dark, but the Randi represantative came late.
3) We invitted them for a second try. This time making sure everything was doen according to the protocols. Again the representative was knocked down.
4) Randi, who was not there, claims stunguns were used. His representative on th other hand says he didn't feel anything and his clothes didn't show any signs of the use of stunguns.
I would be very amazed if the Yellow Bamboo people in Bali even knew how to operate such technology.
So yes James Randi is a hoax, it is a structure that slowes down the further evolution of man.

Ku'un
Posted by Ku'un  on  Mon Jun 26, 2006  at  03:51 AM
So when can we expect the lawsuit? I mean, you wouldn't want people to get the idea that you were lying about this, would you? hmmm

You lawsuit will help clear everything up to everyone's satisfaction. Unless, of course, you respond with some lame excuse about it 'not being worth my time' or 'I don't feel the need to prove myself'. But then, anybody with a law degree would know better than that, right?
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Mon Jun 26, 2006  at  10:36 AM
Man, I don't care what people think.
I was sceptical, but with an open mind. I went over there and learned some neat skills.
For me that is cool, someone else might prefer the endless discussions and whining, I don't.
Same as I don't have a message in someone else his limiting beliefs or patterns of action in specified cases. I guess you better have a talk with someone with a law degree as to get a clear picture of what would be involved.
Again, if there is any sincere question I can help you with, I will be happy to do so.
If not than this is a waste of your time as well as mine.
Posted by Ku'un  on  Mon Jun 26, 2006  at  03:37 PM
Ku'un said:

"Man, I don't care what people think."

In find this fascinating. You go to the trouble of arranging a demonstration of the alleged Yellow Bamboo powers, including working out the protocol, etc. As you well know, this is usually a long, drawn-out procedure.

Then, after the fact, you claim that Randi has welched on giving you the million dollars, which would constitute fraud. Rather than do what would seem logical: suing Randi for the money you worked hard to get, suddenly you "don't care what people think." Tell you what, if someone had cheated ME out of a million dollars, I damn sure WOULD take them to court. I also find it interesting that you never seem to give a real answer to the question about why you haven't sued. You seem to want to duck it.

Yes, I know you don't care what anyone thinks and so forth but as a point of interest, would you care to tell us where and when you got your law degree? Have you passed the board and are you licensed to practice as a lawyer? What is your specialty, if you have one?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Mon Jun 26, 2006  at  06:53 PM
Ku'un sits back on his chair and jawns.

Just wake me for a more interesting question.
Posted by Ku'un  on  Tue Jun 27, 2006  at  03:41 AM
"Just wake me for a more interesting question."

Translation

"I'm lying."

LOL
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Tue Jun 27, 2006  at  10:30 AM
Ku'un said:

"Ku'un sits back on his chair and jawns.

Just wake me for a more interesting question."

OK, here's one: So, are you actually a licensed attorney or are you breaking the law by claiming publicly to be one? Since you're so willing to call Randi a fraud, why don't you take a moment to prove that YOU aren't one yourself?

By the way, Counselor, did you mean "yawns?"
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Tue Jun 27, 2006  at  09:19 PM
*snores*
Posted by Ku'un  in  www.zensation.info  on  Thu Jun 29, 2006  at  09:22 AM
Total and utter bullshit.

If you wonder why they don't like to demonstrate on 'non-believers' it's because the person being demonstrated on doesn't know when to fall down. I have seen this many times. It's fricking hilarious when the 'master' has to tell the person "you fall down now."

Go watch more 1970s kung fu movies.
Posted by digitaldorobo  in  Canada  on  Tue Aug 01, 2006  at  02:25 PM
"Total and utter bullshit.
I studied martial arts all my life, including 5 years in Japan. I have encountered many of these snake oil salesmen. Their students are social idiots, hollow-eyed cult-like members."

Hi honey, yes it sure is nice huh when people have some positive emotions towards you. It just makes you feel good all day, right?

"If you wonder why they don't like to demonstrate on 'non-believers'"

Oh I thought their video was online and was what started this whole thing...

"it's because the person being demonstrated on doesn't know when to fall down."

It is right at the point where he goes unconcious. Not so hard to find that out.

"I have seen this many times. It's fricking hilarious when the 'master' has to tell the person "you fall down now.""

Oh they don't demonstrate, but you saw it many times? Oh! You naughty boy you must have been peeping through the curtains. Just wondering where in Bali you saw this then? Or you weren't talking about Bali? In which case you wheren't talking about Yellow Bamboo neither, which makes your point unrelated to this discussion.

"If there are 30,000 yellow bamboo practictioners of this amazing defense system why has not a single one entered into any of the numerous mixed martial arts tournaments? Hell, I have been at many no-prize money, light contact tournaments of many different martial arts--not a single yellow bamboo practioner there. "

Again it is a system for spiritual development, the martial arts thing is just a side effect and partly integrated in the whole system of energy building.

"Don't give me bullshit about the spritual nature of the art form; I have seen tai chi practioners in tournaments."

Oh cool... Tai Chi is a martial art. So you saw Tai Chi practitioners huh? Did they demonstrate you their no touch knock out? They have it too, It is just easier and faster to develop it with Yellow Bamboo. Guess they didn't show it to you. Maybe because you had been naughty! You little devil. Well maybe they will show you some deadly dim mak applications if you are nice.

"It's utter bullshit based on the same foundations of religion--you have to believe, have faith in something that can't be proven. Anyone who believes there is some sort of telekinesis/chi manifestation is an idiot."

Ah no dim mak for you a think...
Lucky they are just better in logic and rational thinking hey?

"Go watch more 1970s kung fu movies."

Yeah go watch some tv... while others go out into the real world.

Bey dear, nice talking to you.

Ku'un
Posted by Ku'un  in  www.zensation.info  on  Wed Aug 02, 2006  at  12:36 PM
I couldn't figure out if you were hitting ("honey," "naughty boy")on me or responding to my post. I didn't realize sarcasm was taught as a spiritual aspect of yellow bamboo.

What really slays me about people like you is that you have to go to the mystical source such as Bali. Why can't there be the equivalent in Newark, New Jersey where there would be hundreds of plaid-wearing, construction guys ready to take a YB "master's" head off? Nope--it has to be some remote location with relatively primitive, low-educated followers that are the foundation of the 'art.'

BTW-if this is such an amazing system, why do the Balinese keep getting their asses kicked by the Indonesian army everytime they go for independance? Let me guess, they were meditating in a bomb shelter rather than 'help' their people.

The thing I like about mixed martial arts tournaments is that they have shut up the previously "all powerful" arts such as kung fu, karate, and tae-kwon do. During the early days of UFC, they all took turns in the ring and got the shit kicked out of them. Finally, a proving ground to put up or shut up. Like anything, if it doesn't evolve over time, it becomes a nice conversational piece for a coffee table.

This is a waste of time; we are arguing religion here--there is no convincing the brainwashed. You are a waste of this discussion board's zeros and ones.

If you're ever in Edmonton, Canada, pop on by so I can give you a knee-to-the-face reality check. Let me guess, YB powers only work in Bali.

cheers!
Posted by digitaldorobo  in  Canada  on  Wed Aug 02, 2006  at  01:43 PM
all this stuph is total bullshit. yellow monkey arts my arse...
Posted by kece  in  harare  on  Wed Oct 04, 2006  at  08:35 AM
this is a bunch of rubbish....
Posted by kece  in  harare  on  Wed Oct 04, 2006  at  09:52 AM
Ah great...
finally someone who went outside his comfort zone, put his doubts aside and gave the system a try. Or am I wrong? Because else, your statement doesn't make much sense and doesn't add much new perspectives to increasing human potential, now does it?
But hey I respect your opinion. Just a pitty it isn't based on experience.
Posted by Ku'un  on  Wed Oct 04, 2006  at  11:51 AM
Hi we have now like one year and a half with this thing hahaha XD
Well do you remember me when I post like 9 months ago? hahaa
well I doscover something more great than this and is love, hehe love of the creator and to all, now my vibration of the body is more big and I feel more joy with anithng is something amaizing and when I full my body with the love of the creator and the universe somethimes my heart or my hand make a shining with white light, its incredible =D

And for all there are no limits when you think that you can't do that thing or that is imposible to you that is your ego in action haha the persons have limit all us all the time but is time to change, its dificult in the bigining but is only about Fe and courage there are meany documents, I read 1 or 2 or more each day.

Some Links are:
IN Spanish:

OR ALL THE LINKS in English or Spanish haha,I should put this first ^^.

IF you have an open mind this would be a grat Adventure XD
If not is option to you im not judging anyone =D

And thanks for Yellow Bamboo they are bringing new energy to the planet =D

God Bless you all
Posted by Jorge Garza  in  Mexico, monterrey  on  Fri Oct 06, 2006  at  12:20 AM
Jorge Garza said:

"And for all there are no limits when you think that you can't do that thing or that is imposible to you"

Except learning the English language, apparantly.

Yeah, that's a cheap laugh, but as a wise man once said, "A cheap laugh is better than no laugh at all."

When I look at this thread, the one about Sylvia Browne and the LifeWave ongoing saga, I'm just amazed at how many people seem to WANT to live their lives as total marks.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Fri Oct 06, 2006  at  03:32 AM
Hi there man,

great for you to give the system a try.
Indeed it is a system for spiritual development and not a martial art.
The defense part is just part of the complete system that provides techniques for health, wealth, spiritual development, relaxation and safety.
I'm happy to see that you get results with it. You can explain or call it whatever you like, but thing is it changes something positive in your life. I think that is the most important gift Yellow Bamboo can give people.

Oh when I watch those threads, I'm amazed at how many people prefer limiting beliefs over a sens of dicscovery and experiencing. Should they be critical? Sure! But should they limit their view upon reality by the experiences they have already had in their lives? I don't think so, as it would hinder people from learning anything new.
Posted by Ku'un  on  Fri Oct 06, 2006  at  09:23 AM

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof - and grainy poor quality video does not suffice. It does however suffice when the claim is "YB is crap and I will prove it" (i.e. the BJJ guys).

Without meeting you Ku'un I cannot assesss you - ut your claims for YB ring hollow when the empirical evidence has already proven YB as a fraud.
Posted by Hannibal  in  Edmonton, Canada  on  Sat Oct 14, 2006  at  08:51 PM
Hannibal said:

"Why is iy that every single time these cults of dim-mak/death touch/chi balls spring up there is never any independent corroborartion.

"As I recall the Randi test was NOT arranged as per JREF protocols ergo was NOT eligible for the million. You have no basis for the fraud accusation."

I'm going to make a prediction here. My prediction is that Ku'un or whatever he's calling himself this week, will say something to the effect that you are too caught up in Western thinking.

All kidding aside, I think that kind of nonsense is an insult to Asians. The way these frauds interpret Eastern thinking is to make it sound as if it amounts to believing any cock and bull claim that comes along.

Eastern or Western, the burden of proof is on the person making the extraordinary claim. The day you show me 90-year-old men walking down the street on their fingertips is the day I will believe in Yellow Bamboo--or any other codswallop you tell me made that possible.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Sun Oct 15, 2006  at  03:15 AM
Comments: Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >