Prankster causes volcano to erupt, 1974
Actress who claimed she was kidnapped by puritans, 1950
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
The damp spot that hoaxed a city, 1912
Eccentric's last prank, 66 years after his death, 1900
Jernegan's Gold Accumulator Scam, 1898
Life discovered on the moon, 1835
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
The Sandpaper Test, 1960
Fake Fish Photos
The Adventures of the Little Cardiff Giant in New Zealand
The Little Cardiff Giant recently wound up his travels through New Zealand. Some pictures are below.

As you may remember, his world tour started in Southern California, then he went to Perth, and then NZ. His next stop, if all goes according to plan, is Melbourne.

My administrative duties as the coordinator of his tour went a little awry at first. I should have created a master list of everyone who volunteered to host him, but instead I just let emails accumulate. So now I'm trying to piece together a list retroactively. This is what I have -- but if I missed someone, or you want to be added to the list, let me know.

• Alex -- San Diego
  • dbrunker -- Portland
  • Crafty Dragon -- Montana
  • G Pylant -- Texas
  • K O'Brien -- Philadelphia
Categories: Exploration/Travel
Posted by The Curator on Tue Apr 03, 2012
Looks like Li'l Cardie is having a great time!
Posted by Robin Bobcat  in  Californian Wierdo  on  Tue Apr 03, 2012  at  02:47 PM
You dont have a southern/eastern state - I would love to have him in South Carolina!
Posted by Amanda Leach  in  South Carolina  on  Wed Apr 04, 2012  at  12:08 PM
I can do Kentucky, including Mammoth Cave and several bourbon distilleries!
Posted by George P Burdell  on  Fri Apr 06, 2012  at  08:43 PM
Yay - Little Cardiff is coming to Michigan! Time to plan an itinerary smile
Posted by oppiejoe  in  Michigan - USA  on  Sat Apr 07, 2012  at  10:08 AM
Heh. I suppose I should've sent you an e-mail that I'm willing to participate instead of commenting on the blog posts. My mistake.
Anyway I guess it's better that way. I may have lost him if he was sent all the way to Estonia.

Will be looking forward to further photographs of his travels. smile I think it's a very neat idea you've got there.
Posted by Cliodna  in  Estonia  on  Fri Apr 20, 2012  at  07:54 AM
Cliodna -- It would be great if the giant could make a stop in Estonia and visit you. I'll add you to the list. But it'll probably be a while before he's finished touring around Australia and Asia.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Fri Apr 20, 2012  at  09:54 AM
I'd be willing to host in Wisconsin and take some pictures with him at the capital!
Posted by T  in  United States  on  Fri Apr 19, 2013  at  01:24 PM