The Nazi Air Marker Hoax, 1942
Vilcabamba, the town of very old people, 1978
The Great New York Zoo Escape Hoax, 1874
The Lovely Feejee Mermaid, 1842
The most sacred relic: the Holy Foreskin, circa 800 AD
Jernegan's Gold Accumulator Scam, 1898
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
Did Paul McCartney die on Nov. 9, 1966?
Thanksgiving Turkey
Status: Real
image Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My wife and I hate to have to prepare a huge meal and then deal with all the cleanup, so every year we go out to eat. This year we're going to try the all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving buffet at the Viejas casino. We've heard it's pretty good, and reasonably priced. And where better to celebrate Thanksgiving but at a Native American casino!

Anyway, in honor of Thanksgiving here's an image that's been circulating around for quite a while. As far as I know, it's real (though I'm not 100% sure). It's credited to a Reuters photographer, whose name I don't know. The scene was captured on Thanksgiving 2001 when President Bush did the annual pardoning of the turkey. The turkey that's pardoned gets to live out its life on a farm. There have been spoofs photos of this ceremony (below).
image
Categories: Animals, Photos/Videos, Politics
Posted by The Curator on Thu Nov 24, 2005
Mmmm....I LOVE the viejas buffet. It's my favorite san diego casino buffet. I go every year the day after my birthday because they let you eat for free. I've never been on Thanksgiving though. I'm so very jealous.
Posted by Razela  in  Chicago, IL  on  Thu Nov 24, 2005  at  04:24 PM
I am so proud to be a US citizen and that we have a drunken idiot for a president.
Posted by Craig  on  Fri Nov 25, 2005  at  11:03 PM
Bush was patting that turkey like one would pat a dog.
Posted by katz78  in  MI  on  Sat Nov 26, 2005  at  03:14 AM
Ah . . .which one's the turkey?
Posted by pepe nero  in  New York  on  Sat Nov 26, 2005  at  02:10 PM
Geez, and I thought Clinton was bad.
Posted by Reynard Muldrake  on  Sun Nov 27, 2005  at  03:18 PM
First Clinton, then Bush - don't these US Presidents ever know where to keep their peckers?
Posted by Mr Henderson  in  U.K.  on  Mon Nov 28, 2005  at  05:28 AM
He is a NUTBAG!!!!
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Mon Nov 28, 2005  at  02:12 PM
that turkey has class. most people that receive a pardon dont show that much gratitude. maybe if they did, death row would be a lot more sparsely populated.
Posted by FoxPhyre  on  Thu Jan 05, 2006  at  05:43 AM
Omg, that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen. I mean, a replica electric chair????
Posted by shocked  on  Thu Feb 09, 2006  at  01:15 AM
The first photos real. didnt the turkey headbutt Bush?
Posted by J  on  Mon Oct 02, 2006  at  01:50 PM