Baby Yoga, aka Swinging Your Kid Around Your Head
Mencken's fake history of the bathtub, 1917
The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
Jennifer Love Hewitt's Disappearing Breasts
Did Paul McCartney die on Nov. 9, 1966?
The most sacred relic: the Holy Foreskin, circa 800 AD
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
Can a bar of soap between your sheets ease muscle cramps?
Adolf Hitler Baby Photo Hoax, 1933
Tah—In the Flesh!
Two weekends ago I got a chance to meet John Baker -- better known in the Hoax Forum as the moderator Tah. He was in San Diego with his family on vacation. We had lunch and then took the ferry across San Diego harbor. I had a great time.

John's back home now and emailed me this snapshot of the two of us posing in front of the San Diego skyline. (I'm the short one — and I'm six-feet tall!) Our wives and John's daughter are out of view behind the camera.

The only negative is that it was early February so I, thinking it would be chilly down on the water, had come dressed in black jeans and a sweater. It turned out to be 80 degrees that day, so I had shed the sweater by the time this picture was taken. But I was still pretty hot.

I've now met all the forum moderators in person, except for MadCarlotta, Maegan, and Myst (who hasn't been around in ages). I can confirm that they're all the nicest, most intelligent group of people you could imagine.

John also sent a picture of what he suggests might be Nessie in the bay. He notes, "Anne [his wife] seemed to think it was just two seals looking for fish, but I know better!"

Categories: Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Wed Feb 20, 2008
Hmm...Can't say that I'll be in California anytime soon, either. I am sure there are plenty of hoaxes here that might need a thorough checking out in Florida. smile
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Wed Feb 20, 2008  at  02:02 PM
Wohoo, look at them legs!
Posted by N E O  in  Everywhere and nowhere  on  Wed Feb 20, 2008  at  02:25 PM
Awww...
red face
Posted by Madmouse  in  Edinburgh  on  Wed Feb 20, 2008  at  02:52 PM
It's okay, Mouse. Obviously Alex is lying to spare your feelings. raspberry

Alex needs to arrange to be in LA in April so he can entertain Smerk during her layover.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Wed Feb 20, 2008  at  03:10 PM
Oh, and I miss Myst. I wonder what ever happened to her. The business she used to write for went belly up the last time I checked.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Wed Feb 20, 2008  at  03:11 PM
Thank you, Alex. It was fun meeting you. You are your wife are also very nice, intelligent people. (But we already knew that about you!)

And I still say that was Nessie. She knew we were meeting and wanted to come check us out. wink
Posted by Tah  in  Idaho (Yes, Idaho)  on  Wed Feb 20, 2008  at  04:27 PM
"But I was still pretty hot"

We already knew that about you Alex! wink

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Now all that needs to happen is that you guys come visit in October when Boo and Mouse come stay with me! (and yes I know it was going to be in May but October is the revised and final date!)
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Wed Feb 20, 2008  at  05:28 PM
I know I'm not an exalted moderator, but I've been thinking how I'd like to get back to San Diego one of these days (I lived in Ocean Beach for about a year in the early 90's when I worked at XTRA radio) and hang with Alex.

Could happen. Who knows?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Wed Feb 20, 2008  at  08:10 PM
>>I know I'm not an exalted moderator<<

Well, actually, Cranky.... I don't think I ever removed the powers I gave you when you guest-blogged. So you do have all the powers of a moderator.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Wed Feb 20, 2008  at  09:02 PM
Wait! You mean I've had magical powers all this time and I never knew it???

It's as if I just discovered that I'm the Last Son of Krypton and I can fly under a yellow sun.

Evildoers beware!
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Thu Feb 21, 2008  at  03:45 AM
Yeah, it'd be cool if you could wander up to LA in April, Alex. But if you can't that's alright. I'm sure I'll find something to do! smile
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Thu Feb 21, 2008  at  05:50 AM
I've always thought you were hot Alex. smile
Posted by MadCarlotta  in  Canada  on  Sun Feb 24, 2008  at  01:37 PM