What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
The Man-Eating Tree of Madagascar Hoax, 1874
Cursed by Allah
The Great Electric Sugar Swindle, 1884
The Cradle of the Deep, a literary hoax, 1929
Prof. Wingard's Death Ray Hoax, 1876
The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
Boy floats away in balloon, 2009
Dog wins art contest, 1974
The Instant Color TV Hoax, 1962
Suicide Jumper
Warning: Graphic. This is from an email going around:

A police officer sent this to me. It is not for the faint of heart. If you have a weak stomach, then don't look at the URL. It is a picture of the demise of a suicide jumper taken shortly after he landed. It shows him with his insides now on the outside. You will see the look of horror on the faces of the bystanders. The faces of the bystanders is why I believe this is real..

Categories: Email Hoaxes, Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Fri Apr 22, 2005
Classic... Very nice post!

smile
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  03:34 PM
Wow, it was a pretty nasty one.

Who's gonna notify the remaining members of the Dumpty family?

LOL
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  03:50 PM
I just see eggs.....Are u wasting food Alex???
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  04:22 PM
How is this a hoax? It looks real enough to me.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  05:11 PM
That is definitely real! And totally disgusting!! I'm appalled!
shock
Posted by Glamcat  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  07:40 PM
Thanks Alex.
I needed that!
Posted by padego  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  08:00 PM
You made me hungry for bacon at 8:30PM. Thanks, Alex, verrryyyy funny.
Posted by stork  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  08:39 PM
Sick bastards. His life probably got so bad, he just couldn't take it & cracked.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  08:40 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!
Posted by Akirae  in  Gamos-iuan, Talus.Chilastra  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  08:44 PM
I must be "sick", I actually looked! Because only "sick" people would choose to look at unpleasant things.

What a nice, simplistic little world someone lives in, where criminals and minorities are all Bad Guys, and daddy was a good man who drank, just like John Wayne and the President.

Hit the originator with the Grow-Up stick.
Posted by Barghest  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  09:03 PM
I'm trying to think of a witty line that involves eggs somehow. Needless to say, I can't so I'll just shut up right about...now.
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Fri Apr 22, 2005  at  09:17 PM
"What a nice, simplistic little world someone lives in, where criminals and minorities are all Bad Guys," Barghest on Fri Apr 22, 2005 at 05:03 PM

I like it when criminals are bad guys. Fortunately, they're the minority.
Posted by Chadds Ford Prefect  on  Sat Apr 23, 2005  at  01:41 AM
Posted by Soldant  on  Sat Apr 23, 2005  at  03:53 AM
More to the point, where did the poor chap jump from? There doesn't seem to be a tall building next to the cadaver, and chickens can't fly. Unless he was catapulted into the air, I suppose - he is a suicide "jumper", not a "faller". There are so many puns one can make with the word 'egg', and it's good for the world that I haven't made any of them.
Posted by Ashley Pomeroy  on  Sat Apr 23, 2005  at  07:18 AM
Anyway, how can we be sure that it's suicide? I know plenty of people who'd like to smash an egg's head in - hungry people, chefs, people who like egg-nog, omelette-makers, meringue-makers, chocolate-makers, the list is almost endless. Also: could this be an image taken on the home planet of Mork, from Mork & Mindy?
Posted by Ashley Pomeroy  on  Sat Apr 23, 2005  at  08:05 AM
"More to the point, where did the poor chap jump from? "

I heard from one of the bystanders that there's a bread-box just out of the frame of the photo.
Posted by Katey  on  Sat Apr 23, 2005  at  09:18 AM
I heard he was pushed by the butterboys. It's a conspiracy, them and their egg-beaters.
Posted by Soldant  on  Sat Apr 23, 2005  at  09:58 AM
vary funny^^
Posted by js  on  Sat Apr 23, 2005  at  12:01 PM
"...how can we be sure that it's suicide?"
You must be unfamiliar with the classic bumper sticker, beloved of conspiracy theorists everywhere, "Humpty Dumpty was pushed!"
It used to be right up there with "Raise the wages of sin" for popularity on VW Microbuses.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Sat Apr 23, 2005  at  05:31 PM
How about, if the poor victim was dropped from the sky? A messanger from the heavens, whose fellow beings simply misjudged the trajectory speed. What could they have told us? How could humanity have benefitted by the words of the unknown visitor? Alas, we shall never know.
Posted by stork  on  Sun Apr 24, 2005  at  12:28 AM
I have an idea. Let's stuff his guts back inside him and tape the shell together and see what happens.
Posted by Soldant  on  Sun Apr 24, 2005  at  03:06 AM
Before opening the link, I was reading through your comments. I was thinking how cruel (yet funny)it was that you would all be making light of some poor mans desperate move. I was trying to figure out what kind of world we were living in where every other post about a suicide was a joke.

But then I opened it. So now I am going to have my Egg McMuffin and go on about my day, with a little bit bigger of a smile.
Posted by NDTgirl  in  Memphis, TN  on  Sun Apr 24, 2005  at  07:56 AM
"In a surprise press announcement today, the new Pope decreed that Mr. Dumpty's mortal remains should be hastened to the nearest kitchen and prepared Benedict style, as a reminder to all faithful followers that suicide is a mortal sin and that all transgressors would receive (or become) just desserts."
Posted by Accipiter  on  Sun Apr 24, 2005  at  09:10 PM
i was actually mortified at the posts till i looked at the link....
Posted by joeodd  on  Mon Apr 25, 2005  at  04:06 AM
Reminds me of a "Murphy Brown" episode I once saw:
"I saw him just before he died."
"Did he say anything?"
"Aaiiiiiieeeeeeee - "
Posted by Ledasmom  on  Mon Apr 25, 2005  at  07:17 PM
>>>Criminals aren't Good Guys? Wow. I don't know what world you're living in, but most of the criminals did some pretty bad things in the world I live in.<<<

Yeah, all those double-parkers and people driving in the carpool lane without passengers are PURE EVIL. And those people who pull the tags off mattresses? Or who eat grapes without paying for them in the store? When are they going to pass a law to pull them out into the street and shoot them?

If you've watched any cop shows in the last year, it's the same attitude. The cop knows the bad guy is guilty, so it's okay to beat him until he confesses. Watch the show with the blind detective, it's on Sundays, it's like the Spanish Inquisition. In the world I live in, you're innocent until proven guilty, and the authorities have to actually get evidence and put you on trial before they can punish you, and there's this little thing called the Constitution....

But I guess in your world, there are only Good Guys and Bad Guys, and there's really no such thing as false accusations, and if you weren't EVIL they wouldn't have arrested you, would they?

And forget about justifying some crimes. Why can't poor people have the decency to starve to death quietly, why do they have the nerve to try to undermine our profits by stealing food for their kids? Lousy evil criminals.
Posted by Barghest  on  Mon Apr 25, 2005  at  09:37 PM
downer
It's the saddest picture i've ever seen. I don't know what to say. It reminds me of some of the horrors I witnessed as a child. Shame on you for posting such an eggseptionaly personal picture for the families and friends of the victim. Shame. You should be banned from the internet.
Posted by mister wood  on  Sat Apr 30, 2005  at  04:30 AM
hmmmm interesting....real good work.
Posted by jai  on  Sat Oct 29, 2005  at  04:08 AM
i found this cute, haha.

the poor jumper, he left a family in an egg carton behind
Posted by Eva  in  New york  on  Mon Feb 20, 2006  at  08:56 PM
LOL.
Posted by ShahRuFio  in  Singapore  on  Sat Oct 14, 2006  at  03:28 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >