Stomach Sucked In
The question here is whether the woman is sucking her stomach in, or has the picture been photoshopped? I'd vote for photoshop. Definitely. It reminds me of the 'too skinny' photos I posted a year or so ago (one of which may not be 'safe for work'). (via slowdown)
image
Categories: Body ManipulationPhotos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Tue Apr 12, 2005
Put me down for Photoshoped too.
Posted by Captain Al  in  Vancouver Island, Canada  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  12:10 AM
Her stomach looks a bit like Bill Clinton with his eyes closed. Or, not.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  12:20 AM
I agree, Photoshoped.
Posted by Myst  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  12:25 AM
i say forced perspective AND photoshop.
Posted by chloe  in  san diego  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  12:43 AM
I can do it, so I'm guess it's probably real. Also on Channel 4's TFI Friday many years ago, they had a section called 'freak or unique' and they paraded people with unusual features and "talents", they had one guy who did the same thing.

I never thought it was even that strange...im pretty skinny and all you need to do is suck your stomach up towards your ribs, then flex your solar plexus to create the effect
Posted by David  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  03:00 AM
I had a couple of friends that used to compete against each other, seeing who could suck in (their stomachs) the furtherest.
I'm going for the not photoshopped.
Posted by Joe  in  New Zealand  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  04:25 AM
it's photoshopped...if you look at the bigger pic, it looks like her sides are distorted/blurry. the middle is real, but the sides have been taken in.
Posted by jessica  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  05:06 AM
Yeah, I'm with Jessica on this one. I vote both.

My brother (very, very skinny) can do something like this.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  08:28 AM
No doubt the girl in the picture is skinny, and can probably suck in her sides, but you're saying the protruding center section is her solar plexis? I've never seen a section of a person's midsection in that sort of shape before (which, of course, doesn't mean it can't happen).

I think it was Mark Twain who said, "Interesting if true. Interesting anyway.)
Posted by Nigel  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  09:17 AM
Fake. Even skinny people can't suck that much in.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  11:43 AM
Its just perspective. Its not sucked in, but puffed out. She is just sucking her stomach in, and its poofing out in the middle. If she was sucking it all in, you could see the bottom of her breast bone where her ribs meet.
Posted by pierced freak  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  05:02 PM
no it's not photoshopped, I watched steve harveys big time and there was a guy who could do the same thing, he could even kick himself in the head and turn his legs around he was double jointed everywhere
Posted by Silent Fish  in  an endless forest of wooden chairs  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  07:29 PM
I'm voting for "real." For one thing do you really believe ALL human bodies are constructed exactly the same? Of course they're not... as for the sides being "blurry" when the middle is in focus... I don't know of any camera that keeps EVERYTHING in the view finder in perfect focus... I've also seen a lot of wierd stuff out there. Anyone watch Dave Letterman? Stupid Human Tricks???
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  08:28 PM
I'll say it's possible that she was actually sucking in her stomach. The human body is an amazing thing, and I'm not willing to completely write this off as fake yet. Of course, it could very well be photoshopped. However, I think I'll take a leap with this one and say it's real.
Posted by KungFuMoose  on  Wed Apr 13, 2005  at  11:33 PM
I'm not quite willing to view the full sized picture to judge if it's photoshopped or not. But if it's real, then I have to ask, WHY?
Posted by Citizen Premier  in  spite of public outcry  on  Thu Apr 14, 2005  at  01:41 AM
I vote real. I had a friend (a guy) in school who did this all the time. The way she's leaning forward makes it appear a little (but only a little) smaller than it would in real life. But it's very possible because I've seen it done. He could also move the center band of muscle around in an undulating fashion while sucked in.
Posted by freendeed  in  Kentucky, USA  on  Fri Apr 15, 2005  at  05:26 PM
I vote that this is real. When I was younger, BK, (Before Kids), I was very thin and had great abdominal control and could do a very similar trick with my stomach. You suck in you stomach and push out the center. I can't do it anymore, but I can see how this picture could be real. Some people can do really weird things with their bodies.
Posted by Glamcat  on  Sat Apr 16, 2005  at  11:36 PM
Many years ago, I came to know how to stop the hiccups. It is very easy. I cannot tell you how this is done, or how I came to know of this, for I am a gentleman, and not for nothing am I called: Raoul, The Man of Many Secret Talents. I have shown the Llamas, but they never remember, and refuse to write it down. Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Sat Apr 16, 2005  at  11:47 PM
there is a high-res version of this picture posted at URL:

href="http://www.manzonderkop.be/post.do?id=8587">here</a>

In that version, some clear differences in pixelation can be seen with regard to the "sucked in" side parts of the stomach (and also the door visible), so I should say; fake.
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Sun Apr 17, 2005  at  12:20 PM
im pretty sure its not photoshopped, i can do it, it really isnt that hard or maybe im just wierd i dunno.....=D
Posted by abbie  in  united states  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  04:52 PM
Not photoshopped, I can do that, I'll try to find a picture.
Posted by Sean  on  Wed Apr 20, 2005  at  08:57 PM
i think its just gross but im sure its possible my lil brother can do it so i believe it
Posted by kiersten degraff  in  manchester tennessee  on  Thu Apr 28, 2005  at  02:49 PM
Its real, I was real skinny growing up and could do that too.
Posted by Rob  in  N.Yorks UK  on  Sat May 28, 2005  at  03:44 PM
I want to be that skinny but not that FREAKY...
I say its gross...tho unique
Posted by Onzy  in  mm  on  Sun Jun 19, 2005  at  05:00 AM
I think it is possible. I can suck in very far, but not like that. I just go completely inwards. It could not have been photoshopped because I have all versions of it and you can do those sorts of things, but the pic gets extremely pixelated and distorted.
Posted by Anonymus  in  California  on  Mon Jul 04, 2005  at  02:06 PM
thats so gay almost anybody that is skinny can do that
Posted by ha  in  somewhere  on  Tue Jul 12, 2005  at  06:39 PM
I have a skinny (genetics, she really has a hard time gaining weight) friend who can do this. Not to such an amazing extent, but it is pretty darn gross.

So I go for probably real.
Posted by Andi  in  Seattle, WA  on  Fri Jul 29, 2005  at  04:57 PM
It is possible. I cant do it exactly like that but as Anonymus describes. And if I could see any girls who can suck in very far email a pic(s) to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Posted by Sonia  on  Tue Aug 02, 2005  at  03:07 PM
I used to be able to do that when I was about 12, so I vote that the pic is real.
Posted by Lisa  in  MA  on  Fri Aug 19, 2005  at  11:54 AM
My friend can do that, easily. To be honest, I really wish I could too. Not photoshopped, and I'd like to meet that girl!
Posted by Bob  on  Tue Aug 30, 2005  at  12:41 AM
Comments: Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.