Snake Head Found in Beans
image Here's something to add to my list of Gross Things Found in Food. Philadelphia resident Earl Hartman was sitting down at home to enjoy some green beans and chicken, when he noticed something unusual in his beans.
"When I sat down, I noticed something didn’t look right. It didn't look like a green bean," he said.
It wasn't a green bean. It was a snake head.

This seems to be a legitimate case of something odd that found its way into a can of green beans. Seneca Foods, the company that cans the beans, admits that a snake head could have found its way into the beans. Earl Hartman says:
"The company said that they have an automated sorting and sometimes things like this happen. I asked about the rest of the body and he told me that it was probably kicked out by the sorter, but they're not sure," he said.
Hartman isn't suing, which also adds to the probability that the snake head is a legitimate find.

While visiting Sedona, Arizona I once tried rattlesnake. It was okay. But I wouldn't want to find a rattlesnake head in my canned veggies. (via Art of the Prank)
Categories: Food
Posted by The Curator on Mon Jun 18, 2007
...Wouldn't this have been noticed during cooking & serving?
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Mon Jun 18, 2007  at  09:33 PM
psst...I posted this in the forum on 6/16... tongue wink
Posted by ishpot  on  Mon Jun 18, 2007  at  11:04 PM
Under IN THE NEWS, "My Mommy Told Me Not To..."
(I was trying to play on the song "My mommy told me not to put beans in my ears...") smile
Posted by ishpot  on  Mon Jun 18, 2007  at  11:05 PM
Maegan, if the guy is doing his own cooking he might just have dumped the green beans into a pot without looking. I do that sort of thing when I'm cooking, but I'm a lousy cook. If he just dumped the beans onto the plate he might not have noticed, but if he spooned them on, you're right he should have seen it. A few more details would be nice.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Tue Jun 19, 2007  at  12:49 AM
Does anybody else find it just a little odd that this was posted on pranks.com? hmmm
Posted by Archibold  on  Tue Jun 19, 2007  at  01:04 AM
Sorry, Ishpot. I saw the title, but never made the connection with the snake-head story.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Tue Jun 19, 2007  at  01:10 PM
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.