The Man-Eating Tree of Madagascar Hoax, 1874
The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals, 1959
Dog wins art contest, 1974
Jennifer Love Hewitt's Disappearing Breasts
Cursed by Allah
'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
Use your left ear to detect lies
September Morn, the painting that shocked the censor, 1913
Vilcabamba, the town of very old people, 1978
Tourist Guy 9/11 Hoax, Sep 2001
Site Update
image I've been visiting family in Virginia this week, so posting has been pretty light... and will continue to be light until July 11th. Just in case anyone was wondering. That thumbnail there shows part of the Chesapeake Bay visible from my parents' front lawn. It's a lot nicer than the view of a busy road that you get from my house in San Diego (even though I much prefer San Diego weather).
Categories: Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Tue Jul 06, 2004
Sure, sure, you were in Virgina. That picture proves it. - Okay, so I'm envious.
Posted by Brenda Layland  in  San Antonio, TX  on  Wed Jul 07, 2004  at  06:56 PM
This is the biggest hoax I've heard in a long time! Visiting your family in Virgina, as if anyone would believe that! Well, some people might, but after visiting your site for a long time, I know better. You just don't want to update!

(I'm just kidding, in case you couldn't tell.)
Posted by Rita  on  Thu Jul 08, 2004  at  12:00 PM
Having lived nearly 30 years in SoCal, I can
tell you first-hand that California weather
is BORING. 80 degrees and sunny or 68 degrees and overcast.

East coast weather is more unpredictable. Give me a THUNDERSTORM for chryssake, high winds, blizzards, ANYTHING but dull weather.
I want SEASONS. Screw the convenience of
never having to use an umbrella...I like umbrellas.

On the other hand, to be fair, just because the entire
population of Southern CA are pussies does not
make them wrong.
Posted by Bobby Q. Polk  in  NOT California  on  Thu Jul 08, 2004  at  12:24 PM
it must be a hoax! why is the Chesapeake Bay visible from the front lawn instead if the back??? The picture must be photoshopped.
Posted by john  in  NH  on  Thu Jul 08, 2004  at  03:17 PM