The Nazi Air Marker Hoax, 1942
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
Script of Casablanca rejected, 1982
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
Stotham, Massachusetts: the town that didn't exist, 1920
Paul Krassner's Stereophonic Hoax, 1960
Cursed by Allah
Mencken's fake history of the bathtub, 1917
Swiss peasants harvest spaghetti from trees, 1957
Princess Caraboo, servant girl who became a princess, 1817
Shoelace Trick
Is it a magic trick, or a trick of the camera? I'm not sure.

Real or fake ? Réel ou faux ?
Uploaded by _006-serie-TS_
Categories: Magic, Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Wed Sep 05, 2007
I vote for a pant leg trick. Notice how baggy the cuff is at the beginning and how there's a strap of some sort visible at the end.
Posted by MagicFaireDust  on  Wed Sep 05, 2007  at  02:41 AM
Yep. It's a trick. I've seen the explanation of it before. I will share with anyone who would like to know.

(Of course, you could probably Google it pretty easily, too. Or maybe not if Alex didn't find it.)
Posted by Tah  in  Idaho (Yes, Idaho)  on  Wed Sep 05, 2007  at  03:24 AM
Yeah I saw this a month or two ago. If you look it up on YouTube the search for the video actually pulls up a couple of different vids showing exactly how it's done.
It's still pretty cool though!
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Wed Sep 05, 2007  at  07:51 AM
What's a "shoelack"?
Posted by Doug Nelson  on  Wed Sep 05, 2007  at  09:18 AM
sorry, but "shoelack" cannot be found in the dictionary, much like the word "gullible", so the definition is open to personal interpretation. I would suggest that a "shoelack" is a person without shoes. Case closed
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Sep 05, 2007  at  11:53 AM
You're not sure????? Jeebus.
Posted by mara  on  Wed Sep 05, 2007  at  12:17 PM
It looks like a fake trick.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Wed Sep 05, 2007  at  01:17 PM

explains how to do it. seems easy enough.
Posted by red_dragon_girl_69  in  Earth, I think  on  Wed Sep 05, 2007  at  01:48 PM
I got it on the third watch.
EXTRA LACES!

His sneak was tied all along, (covered by the bottom of his pant leg). An extra pair of untied laces are sticking out. As he shakes, he retracts the spare laces (probably with left hand), and shakes the pant leg to reveal the tied shoe. It would have been better if he threaded the spare laces through the eyesof the sneax, instead of under the other laces.

Nice illusion. Simple and elegant.
Posted by Alex  on  Wed Sep 12, 2007  at  07:30 PM
Of course it is a trick. It is available on DVD at http://www.murphysmagic.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7298/.f The bad part about this is that so many are gullible to believe it.
Posted by Chris  in  Colorado  on  Fri Sep 14, 2007  at  01:20 PM
Sorry, Alex 'shoelack trick' was driving me crazy so I corrected it.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Fri Sep 14, 2007  at  05:53 PM
very nice post,i do like items.
Posted by tory burch  in  xiamen  on  Mon Sep 27, 2010  at  11:44 PM