Cat that walked 3000 miles to find its owners, 1951
The Great Electric Sugar Swindle, 1884
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
The Hitler Diary Hoax, 1983
Fake Fish Photos
Use your left ear to detect lies
The disumbrationist art hoax, 1924
The Sandpaper Test, 1960
The Cradle of the Deep, a literary hoax, 1929
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
Salmon-Flavored Soda
Status: Real
image Just in time for Thanksgiving, Jones Soda is debuting salmon-flavored soda. It's a publicity stunt, but it's real. They boast that "When you smell it, it's got that smoked salmon aroma." Yum. Just what I want my soda to smell like. They've also got other thanksgiving-themed sodas that come together in a holiday pack: Brussels Sprout with Prosciutto, Cranberry Sauce, Turkey & Gravy, Wild Herb Stuffing, Pumpkin Pie, Broccoli Casserole, Corn on the Cob, and Pecan Pie. You won't have to eat dinner at all. Just sample sodas all night. (Thanks to Big Gary for the link.)
Categories: Food
Posted by The Curator on Tue Nov 15, 2005
Imagine, you could drink Thanksgiving dinner!
Posted by Cathy  in  South Dakota  on  Tue Nov 15, 2005  at  11:37 PM
Has anyone tried any of this stuff? What's it like? Salty? Sweet?
Posted by Reynard Muldrake  on  Wed Nov 16, 2005  at  12:10 AM
Ew. I love their soda, but I would not try these.
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Wed Nov 16, 2005  at  12:14 AM
These are the same people that brought out the xmas sodas (was it last year or the year before?)

There were four, I think you listed them
Turkey and gravy was one
I think sprout was another
Probably cranberry
and the stuffing one, but I'm not sure.
Posted by Sharruma  in  capable of finishing a coherent  on  Wed Nov 16, 2005  at  02:06 AM
Might be a good way to wash down that human flavored tofu mentioned a few months ago.
Posted by Captain Al  in  Vancouver Island, Canada  on  Wed Nov 16, 2005  at  10:33 AM
It tastes a little like HORCHATA...
Posted by el booch  on  Wed Nov 16, 2005  at  04:33 PM
I'd be a little more willing to try them if Jones' regular sodas weren't overpriced crap.
Posted by Citizen Premier  in  spite of public outcry  on  Wed Nov 16, 2005  at  06:44 PM
I must admit I bought the holiday pack, which has 5 flavors: Turkey and Gravy, Wild Herb Stuffing, Brussels Sprouts, Pumpkin Pie, and Cranberry. The last two are the only ones I ever would have considered as soda flavors.
Once I've tried them, I'll give you a review. I'm saving them for Thanksgiving. Not necessarily THIS Thanksgiving.
Posted by Big Gary in a shopping mall  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Wed Nov 16, 2005  at  07:37 PM
My granny and I saw an ad for those. We both thought they were fake untill you posted this Alex.
Posted by Dany  in  Waco, Texas  on  Thu Nov 17, 2005  at  11:01 AM
One of their Halloween flavors was Candy Corn, and I still have one 6 oz. can (from a 4-pack) left if anyone wants it. Most of the first three cans ended up dumped out, even though my 23 yr. old, one of his friends and my 11 yr. old son all tried very hard to finish them.
Posted by hcmomof4  on  Wed Nov 23, 2005  at  01:33 AM
I have, in fact, tried last year's holiday pack. Turkey and Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, Mashed Potatoes and Butter, Cranberry Sauce and Fruitcake.

Oddly, all are "sweet", but calorie-free, as they are sweetened with aspartame. And all are awful, in my opinion.

The turkey and gravy tastes like greasy gravy that has congealed on the top of the gravy boat. It even leaves that odd, oily feeling in the back of your throat.

Green bean casserole tasted - green, I guess. With an aftertaste of French's fried onions.

Mashed potatoes & butter was kind of like the hot buttered popcorn Jelly Bellys, but salty and nasty.

Fruitcake - oh, Gosh, what a horrible thing to have in my mouth. It tasted like a glass of rum that had a Tootsie Roll melted in it and some baking soda stirred in for bad measure.

Cranberry sauce was the closest thing to a real soda, but even it was odd and unpleasant. Bitter, like cranberries, but cranberries that have spoiled...

I can't wait to try next year's!
Posted by Patrick Burnett  on  Fri Dec 30, 2005  at  12:19 PM
Yikes. sick
Posted by Shah  in  Singapore  on  Mon Jan 23, 2006  at  02:21 PM
I tried the holiday pack. The flavors weren't bad, but Jones Soda's decision to use artificial sweeteners in all the sodas really ruined them, in my opinion. It gave them all that disgusting, fake-sugar aftertaste. They should have sweetened them with real sugar.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Tue Jan 24, 2006  at  03:06 PM
So they could be gross AND fattening?
Posted by Patrick Burnett  on  Tue Jan 24, 2006  at  03:15 PM