Fake Fish Photos
The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
Princess Caraboo, servant girl who became a princess, 1817
Tourist Guy 9/11 Hoax, Sep 2001
The most sacred relic: the Holy Foreskin, circa 800 AD
Old-Time Photo Fakery, 1900 to 1919
Rare Coin on eBay
This is one of the stupidest eBay auctions I've seen in a while:

GEORGE WASHINGTON COIN,MISS PRINT WHIT BOUTH 2 FACES OF GEORGE WASHINTON 1 IN 1994 AND OTHER SIDE 1979.

Starting bid is $1,000,000. No bids yet.

Some people in the coin talk forum think it might be two magician's coins, cut in half and glued together. I think the guy just took photos of two separate coins.

The misspellings definitely add to the seller's credibility.
Categories: eBay
Posted by The Curator on Mon Jan 21, 2008
I like how he has it turned a quarter-turn (pun intended?) because, um... Well, I can't really think of a reason why he would do that.
Posted by Tah  in  Idaho (Yes, Idaho)  on  Mon Jan 21, 2008  at  11:58 PM
Considering that there's *NO* way you could have a 'misprint' coin with two different dates, much less 15 years apart...

Yeah, I'm smelling a magician's coin or a totally bogus one..
Posted by Robin Bobcat  in  Californian Wierdo  on  Tue Jan 22, 2008  at  05:30 AM
Oh, and has been removed.

As for the quarter (hah!) turn, most magician's coins aren't usually done with much concern for facing.
Posted by Robin Bobcat  in  Californian Wierdo  on  Tue Jan 22, 2008  at  05:32 AM
I agree with Robin Bobcat here. Back when I could afford it, I collected coins and studied the minting process. The dies are destroyed when worn out or when the year is up. There is NO way that this "coin" is a real coin.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Tue Jan 22, 2008  at  08:35 PM
What most people do not know is that the president we call "George Washington" was actually two conjoined twins. While there were two heads, they had one body from the neck down. The head on the left (as you faced the twins) was the one which actually held the office of the presidency. Obviously, his conjoined twin "went along for the ride." Out of respect, the portrait painters of the day depicted only one of the brothers' heads, alternating between the two. If you look closely at various depictions of George Washington, you can see subtle differences between the heads of the two brothers.

This was a special commemorative coin honoring the Washington brothers.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Wed Jan 23, 2008  at  04:08 AM
So, my bid of $.45 did not meet the reserve?
Posted by wdl  on  Wed Jan 23, 2008  at  08:25 PM