Jean Gauntt, the Immortal Baby, 1939
The Hoaxing Hitchhiker, 1941
Cursed by Allah
The Diaphote, a television hoax, 1880
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
Rare Coin on eBay
This is one of the stupidest eBay auctions I've seen in a while:

GEORGE WASHINGTON COIN,MISS PRINT WHIT BOUTH 2 FACES OF GEORGE WASHINTON 1 IN 1994 AND OTHER SIDE 1979.

Starting bid is $1,000,000. No bids yet.

Some people in the coin talk forum think it might be two magician's coins, cut in half and glued together. I think the guy just took photos of two separate coins.

The misspellings definitely add to the seller's credibility.
Categories: eBay
Posted by The Curator on Tue Jan 22, 2008
I like how he has it turned a quarter-turn (pun intended?) because, um... Well, I can't really think of a reason why he would do that.
Posted by Tah  in  Idaho (Yes, Idaho)  on  Tue Jan 22, 2008  at  12:58 AM
Considering that there's *NO* way you could have a 'misprint' coin with two different dates, much less 15 years apart...

Yeah, I'm smelling a magician's coin or a totally bogus one..
Posted by Robin Bobcat  in  Californian Wierdo  on  Tue Jan 22, 2008  at  06:30 AM
Oh, and has been removed.

As for the quarter (hah!) turn, most magician's coins aren't usually done with much concern for facing.
Posted by Robin Bobcat  in  Californian Wierdo  on  Tue Jan 22, 2008  at  06:32 AM
I agree with Robin Bobcat here. Back when I could afford it, I collected coins and studied the minting process. The dies are destroyed when worn out or when the year is up. There is NO way that this "coin" is a real coin.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Tue Jan 22, 2008  at  09:35 PM
What most people do not know is that the president we call "George Washington" was actually two conjoined twins. While there were two heads, they had one body from the neck down. The head on the left (as you faced the twins) was the one which actually held the office of the presidency. Obviously, his conjoined twin "went along for the ride." Out of respect, the portrait painters of the day depicted only one of the brothers' heads, alternating between the two. If you look closely at various depictions of George Washington, you can see subtle differences between the heads of the two brothers.

This was a special commemorative coin honoring the Washington brothers.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Wed Jan 23, 2008  at  05:08 AM
So, my bid of $.45 did not meet the reserve?
Posted by wdl  on  Wed Jan 23, 2008  at  09:25 PM