The Stone-Age Tasaday Hoax, 1971
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
The Great Space Monkey Hoax, 1953
Prankster causes volcano to erupt, 1974
The Nazi Air Marker Hoax, 1942
A black lion: real or fake?
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
Tourist Guy 9/11 Hoax, Sep 2001
Cat that walked 3000 miles to find its owners, 1951
Rainbow Parties
The recent publication of a novel for teenagers titled RAINBOW PARTY has revived debate about whether or not such 'rainbow parties' are real. As a recent NY Times article explained, "rainbow parties are group oral sex parties in which each girl wears a different shade of lipstick, and each guy tries to emerge sporting every one of the various colors." Such parties are supposedly all the rage with teenagers (kids these days!... what will they think of next?). In the book, a teenage girl has to decide whether or not to go to such a party, but the party ends up never taking place.

The concept of rainbow parties first gained widespread attention back in 2003 when a guest on the Oprah show claimed that all kinds of teenagers were going to these things. But the thing is, tales about rainbow parties always seem to be third-hand: coming from adults who are trying to raise alarms about teenage sexuality. The same NY Times article notes that "Many say rainbow parties are just a new urban legend -- suburban, actually -- not much more trustworthy than the old stories about alligators in the sewer."

I'd have to agree that the rainbow party concept is probably more urban legend than reality. It reminds me of the Jelly Bracelet tale (that teenagers supposedly wear color-coded jelly bracelets to indicate to other kids what kind of sexual acts they're willing to perform). But as always with such things, it may have started out fake, but give it enough time and someone, somewhere, is probably going to be inspired to make it real.
Categories: Sex/Romance, Urban Legends
Posted by The Curator on Thu Aug 11, 2005
It's interesting that such 'grown up' people are participating endlessly and all-encompassingly in a discussion about sexual behaviour involving pre-teens. get a life.
Posted by Girl  on  Fri Feb 03, 2006  at  05:07 PM
yo...parties like this do happen, but they'r enot as commonas people think. i hate how adults are all 'we understand teenager...we want to help" but in reality, they just make this stuff up because they failed as a teen and now they want to get back into the swing of "cool" things....losers
Posted by guess  in  in the us  on  Tue Apr 25, 2006  at  10:31 AM
I think the vast majority of this is fearmongering, but I know a guy who's supposedly been to one, after everybody heard about them through Oprah or whatever. They're certainly not common or anything, but I'm fairly sure they do occasionally happen.
Posted by Nate L.  in  suburban Ohio  on  Tue May 08, 2007  at  08:41 PM
and they do this for fun?!?! people who do this have no life, plus they are wasting their time time is precious, everyone, time is precious...
Posted by none  on  Thu May 10, 2007  at  12:12 AM
none, if I may call you that - Japanese name, is it not? - Having just come from four hours at work (unpaid) performing tests to prove conclusively what the people who gave me the tasks already "knew" at a cost of NZ$120 a time, I am not sure that a Rainbow Party sounds more like a profitable use of precious time than my current job.

Assuming from some of the witnesses that these things occur, which I am willing to concede may in fact do, I would like to find out just what none is convinced is a better use of time than this. Well, apart from surfing the 'net, that is.
Posted by DFStuckey  in  Auckland New Zealand  on  Sat May 12, 2007  at  03:02 AM
Not as common as I would like them to be, but they do exit. Hell, I'm currently organizing one.
Posted by The Devil  in  Hell  on  Sun Feb 22, 2009  at  05:10 AM
Why are 'rainbow parties' dismissed as a myth? Kinkier, weirder stuff has been conclusively proven to be in practice, so why not rainbow parties?
Posted by Sekhmet  in  Singapore  on  Sun Apr 05, 2009  at  03:23 AM
of course the're true. I actully went to one last weekend. But many teens change it to any exposed skin, not guys dicks. Also, its usually a person kissing the person they like, or are intressed in.

Parents give it to much thought.. no wonder your kids dont want to talk to you
Posted by auqagirl  in  vancouver  on  Mon Apr 13, 2009  at  05:46 AM
Please don't confuse my crudity or humor for lack of taking the issue seriously. My first thought upon hearing about these rainbow parties is how come i didn't go to any. My next thought is trying to visualize this to see if it at all realistic. Ok so girl A has red lipstick(my favorite color) so she leaves some red lipstick on my "thing". So then girl B has purple lipstick and girl C has yellow lipstick. Wouldn't the saliva from the next girl wash away the lipstick left by the previous girl, which would really mean girls would be swallowing a lot of lipstick which I imagine must taste even grosser than swallowing the usual "stuff" one would swallow during oral sex. Maybe this would work if it was like getting a quick stamp down there from multiple girls and not a full blown sexual act. That would really just make it kinda frusturating for guys. I hope all you uptight housewives read this and think it through and relax a little. If anyone knows of some real rainbow parties I'd like to go. For "research purposes"
Posted by Breshin  on  Thu Aug 27, 2009  at  03:31 AM
No wonder we have mutated STDs... People are desperately seeking new ways to invent them. Sheeesh.
Posted by clarissea  in  Phoenix, AZ  on  Tue Jan 12, 2010  at  12:58 AM
Good point Clarissea . . . just think how much richer, safer and more productive we would all be if sexual activity was finally stopped.

I say 'gentle' all boys at the age of 11 and we would make such great strides in society, environmental protection and world peace that it would boggle the minds of even the most utopians. Am I not correct?
Posted by D F Stuckey  in  Auckland New Zealand  on  Tue Jan 12, 2010  at  01:23 AM
Well I am 16, in High School, and have never heard of these parties in any way before this very night.

My (Oh Lawdy) Mother forced me to watch an episode of "The Doctors" talking about the "Truth" about teen sex. In this episode, they brought the most stereotypical IDIOTIC teenage girls on. About halfway through the episode, they started talking about Rainbow Parties.
I thought blumpkins were pretty ridiculous. I stand corrected, Rainbow Parties are the most ridiculous type of sex act I have ever heard of.

Seriously though, that show was bullshit. Apparently as racier shows rose in popularity, it caused teen preggys to go up. That's just two graphs side by side... I mean if I put the average number of grasshoppers in my yard over last year and the number of teen pregnancies side by side, I guess more grasshoppers=more preggos.
Posted by Luke Paige  in  Hell on Earth  on  Sat May 29, 2010  at  12:34 AM
This sounds like a club for me, when's the next party in my neck of the woods?
Posted by Nick  in  Largo fl  on  Thu Nov 01, 2012  at  08:44 AM
Comments: Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3