'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
Pierre Brassau, Monkey Artist, 1964
Iceberg floats into Sydney Harbor, 1978
Life discovered on the moon, 1835
Prankster causes volcano to erupt, 1974
Dead Body of Loch Ness Monster Found, 1972
The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
Did Paul McCartney die on Nov. 9, 1966?
Jean Gauntt, the Immortal Baby, 1939
The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
Quick Links: Elvis Bounty, etc.

$3 Million Bounty For Elvis
Seen Elvis lately? If you have you might be eligible for a $3 million reward. Filmmaker Adam Muskiewicz "is offering $3 million to anyone who can provide legitimate proof that The King didn't die." It's a publicity stunt for a movie about Elvis he's releasing next year. For details check out his website: elviswanted.com. I believe that LaMa has been lobbying for quite some time to add an Elvis Sighting Report Page, interfaced with a Google earth map, to the Museum of Hoaxes. Maybe it's time to do it. We'll track him down and win that $3 million!!!

David Copperfield Finds Fountain of Youth
David Copperfield claims to have found a spring on his private resort in the Bahamas that brings dead leaves, bugs, and insects back to life. He thinks it can also vanish away wrinkles. I think it sounds like he's cooking up a scheme to vanish away people's money.

Woman Sues Weather Forecasters
The weather forecast said it was going to be sunny. Instead it rained during Alyona Gabitova's camping trip. That's as good a reason as any to sue.

SlimCam Helps You Shed Weight
imageThe new HP Photosmart R727 digital camera has a "slimcam" setting that allows people to pretend to be skinnier than they really are: "The 'slimcam setting' on the gadget uses high-tech digital trickery to shave a few inches off its subject. Marketed at women, the feature squeezes the picture in the middle, so the main object in focus looks thinner - but its surroundings are left unchanged." Yet another excuse not to diet (as if any more were needed).
Categories: Body Manipulation, Celebrities, Law/Police/Crime
Posted by The Curator on Thu Aug 17, 2006
That gal in the slim-cam photos looks the same size in both pics- there just a bit more background in the photo on the right. She still needs to diet!!!
Posted by Christopher  in  Joplin, Missouri  on  Thu Aug 17, 2006  at  08:31 AM
It's not like she was fat in the first place. Or is she? I don't know...she doesn't look fat to me. She's just not a size zero, that's all.
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Thu Aug 17, 2006  at  10:58 AM
To me, she looks normal on the left. On the right, not slimmer, but just oddly squished.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Thu Aug 17, 2006  at  11:06 AM
Yes, she looks nice to me on the original picture. In the other one, she looks sort of. . .skewed. I think it's one of those tricks that only works in very exact circumstances, otherwise you end up with a messed-up looking photo.
Posted by Accipiter  on  Thu Aug 17, 2006  at  11:44 AM
Actually, this is a hoax. The camera is really set to enlarge the person slightly. They have just reversed the pictures. You really have to watch these people, Alex. Good thing I'm here to help.
Posted by booch  in  Vegas, baby  on  Thu Aug 17, 2006  at  05:37 PM
Excellent! Another reason to detest David Copperfield...
Posted by Madmouse  in  Edinburgh  on  Thu Aug 17, 2006  at  06:40 PM
What kind of insane world is it in which people declare that "God is dead" and "Elvis is alive"?
Posted by Dano  on  Sun Aug 20, 2006  at  01:33 AM
One where people don't believe in God anymore.

But they believe in Elvis!
Posted by Meerkat  on  Sun Aug 20, 2006  at  11:51 AM
Ah, Elvis conspiracies. One of my favourite conspiracy topics. I must admit I read these from time to time, mainly because I find them entertaining if nothing else.
Posted by RAMChYLD  in  Malaysia  on  Sun Aug 20, 2006  at  09:10 PM
Well I could just sit around playing Elvis all day long.
As long as I'm playin' my Elvis, ain't gonna do nobody no harm.
And who knows, maybe He'll come up with a song
To make people want to stop all their fussing and fighting
Long enough to sing along.

I believe in Elvis.
Oh, I believe the King.
And I believe in Elvis.
Oh, I, I believe the King.

With apologies to Mac Davis.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Mon Aug 21, 2006  at  01:40 PM
Is this e-mail going around now real or a hoax? SO YOU THINK FAT IS UGLY? ? ? ? ? ?
Posted by jonleigh  in  US  on  Tue Nov 21, 2006  at  11:48 AM
The SO YOU THINK FAT IS UGLY e-mail going around is a fake or a hoax. See http://snopes.com/photos/people/models.asp .
Posted by Boz  on  Sat Feb 03, 2007  at  10:44 AM