Princess Caraboo, servant girl who became a princess, 1817
September Morn, the painting that shocked the censor, 1913
The damp spot that hoaxed a city, 1912
A black lion: real or fake?
Prof. Wingard's Death Ray Hoax, 1876
Snowball the Monster Cat, 2000
The Hitler Diary Hoax, 1983
Life discovered on the moon, 1835
Boy floats away in balloon, 2009
Did Paul McCartney die on Nov. 9, 1966?
Pray Phone
So, you're walking down the street. Suddenly, you decide you need to pray right then and there. Sure, you COULD just pray silently in your mind, but what fun is that?

Enter the Prayer Booth:

MDolla

It's pretty obviously a modified phone kiosk (not exactly a "booth" really). The website, written in somewhat broken English as you will see, says this is in Florida, but the sixth photo down sure looks like New York, probably Manhattan, to me. Are these a franchise or something? Have any of you seen one of these? Are they popping up all over on the streets of Big City America?

Incidentally, the manufacturers should pray for some English lessons. The instructions use "it's" when they mean "its." Yes, I'm a nit picker.
Categories:
Posted by Cranky Media Guy on Mon Oct 27, 2008
It's a conceptual art piece.

"Dylan Mortimer, Public Prayer Booths
September
Posted by BZB  on  Mon Oct 27, 2008  at  06:44 AM
It's clear that at least two of those pictures are not Orlando. The first shows a mountain in the background, and Orlando is not in a mountainous area. The fifth large one has a street sign labeling the street a snow route--again, not an Orlando feature.
Posted by Evelyn Leeper  in  NJ  on  Mon Oct 27, 2008  at  08:47 AM
Please stop using Tinyurl.
My computer hates it.
Posted by Sharruma  in  capable of finishing a coherent  on  Mon Oct 27, 2008  at  10:17 AM
Already been done.

Check out George Lucas' first movie "THX1138".
Posted by KDP  in  Madill, OK  on  Mon Oct 27, 2008  at  11:20 AM
Thanks, BZB, that clears things up a lot.

What does Tinyurl do to your computer, Shurruma? I usually only use it when the original URL is like a million characters long.

If Expression Engine would cooperate with me, I wouldn't have to post dopey non-linking URL's at all.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Mon Oct 27, 2008  at  09:03 PM
Evelyn Leeper said:

"The first shows a mountain in the background, and Orlando is not in a mountainous area. The fifth large one has a street sign labeling the street a snow route--again, not an Orlando feature."

I didn't notice the mountain but I caught the New York-style street signs.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Mon Oct 27, 2008  at  09:04 PM
My security software says Tinyurl is a spy site and blocks it.
Posted by scout  on  Mon Oct 27, 2008  at  09:38 PM
My Firewall identifies it as a spysite and refuses to go there.
Posted by Sharruma  in  capable of finishing a coherent  on  Mon Oct 27, 2008  at  09:57 PM
Please do not spam the site, vev.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Tue Oct 28, 2008  at  03:41 AM