Prairie Tumbleweed Farm
Back in 1994 Linda Katz created a website which she named the Prairie Tumbleweed Farm. At the time it was just a joke. She didn't really have a tumbleweed farm. She had dreamed it up as something to do while teaching herself web design. But it turned out that there really are people out there who want to order tumbleweeds. For instance, movie studios or people hosting wild-west parties. And they started to place orders for tumbleweeds with Linda. Now, according to Yahoo! News, Linda is earning over $40,000 a year selling tumblweeds. I find this quite inspirational, and I've been racking my brains trying to think of ways to duplicate her success. But the only idea I've been able to come up with so far is to start a San Diego Street Trash Farm. I don't think it would enjoy the same success. (Thanks to Cranky Media Guy for the link).
Categories: Business/FinanceWebsites
Posted by The Curator on Thu Nov 29, 2007
Alex, Alex, Alex. It's simple. You start a company called Sand Diego which sells actual sand from San Diego beaches.

Do I have to do EVERYTHING around here?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Thu Nov 29, 2007  at  03:11 AM
*laughs with Cranky & Alex at the simplicity of the scheme*
Posted by oppiejoe  in  Michigan - USA  on  Thu Nov 29, 2007  at  10:11 AM
The bottled water biz is big these days.
How about fresh sea water from San Diego?
Perfect for people with marine aquariums.
Of course, the shipping costs would be hellacious....
Posted by Big Gary, MoHDCiCoF  in  Big Sandy, Texas  on  Thu Nov 29, 2007  at  02:02 PM
Posted by N E O  in  Everywhere and nowhere  on  Thu Nov 29, 2007  at  03:15 PM
She may have been teaching herself HTML, but she surely didn't teach herself web design.
Posted by mara  on  Thu Nov 29, 2007  at  03:16 PM
"There are tumbleweeds rolling around all over the place out here. Am I missing out on a business opportunity here?"

That's what I was just thinking, NEO....we could be BANKING! Damn, here I could double my yearly income, and I'm missing out!

We suck....haha
Posted by Josh  in  Texas  on  Thu Nov 29, 2007  at  06:59 PM
hey nice
Posted by Maria  in  USA  on  Thu Dec 06, 2007  at  10:34 PM
Fung-shei web design. Move the comments to the top to feel your inner chi.
Posted by Marya  on  Sat Apr 05, 2008  at  11:55 PM
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.