Jennifer Love Hewitt's Disappearing Breasts
Vilcabamba, the town of very old people, 1978
Fake Photos of Very Large Animals
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
Samsung invents the on/off switch
The Great New York Zoo Escape Hoax, 1874
'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
The most sacred relic: the Holy Foreskin, circa 800 AD
BMW's April Fool's Day Hoaxes
Can a bar of soap between your sheets ease muscle cramps?
Pork Stone
No, it's not pork. It's "pork stone." Sohu.com has posted these pictures (which they, in turn, got from the China News Network) of stone that looks like pork. Apparently this stone has been on display at the Suzhou International Expo, and has been attracting a lot of attention.

Reportedly, the stone hasn't been altered in any way. It's naturally formed in the earth to look like slabs of pork. It's selling for 120 yuan (about $16) per kg. (via spluch)

Categories: Food
Posted by The Curator on Fri Oct 12, 2007
You know... retraint and good taste are keeping me from making a joke about 'rock hard pork'... but not by much.
Posted by Robin Bobcat  in  Californian Wierdo  on  Fri Oct 12, 2007  at  05:37 AM
...lot's of minerals and NO fat in that thar bacon.
Posted by Christopher  in  Joplin, Missouri  on  Fri Oct 12, 2007  at  10:49 AM
Is that bacon? Honey, I love you!

Looks like an agate of some kind. I think I'd buy some. I like the striations in the lower left bacon.

This would be a great joke for a vegetarian to give to a meat lover. Heh.
Posted by RainOubliette  in  Pennsylvania  on  Fri Oct 12, 2007  at  07:16 PM
I agree with RainOubliette, they look like they are very large agates.
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Sat Oct 13, 2007  at  07:57 AM
But...why? WHY????
Posted by Nona  in  London  on  Mon Oct 15, 2007  at  09:43 AM
Why what?
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Mon Oct 15, 2007  at  10:13 AM
It's obvious - it's for mineralarians.

(Can't believe I'm the first one to draw the link...)
Posted by outeast  in  prague  on  Mon Oct 15, 2007  at  10:20 AM
could be an early jurassic park pig
Posted by darren  on  Thu Oct 18, 2007  at  12:45 PM
Where are they getting it from? One location spot I presume, in which a unatural grouping of deposits must have occured somewhere in time..... and that's if it was discovered in/of the earth.
I'm just going by your sites info. I haven't looked up the links.
Posted by bimby speaks to bob with boobs  in  usa  on  Sat Oct 20, 2007  at  10:27 PM