The Sandpaper Test, 1960
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
Use your left ear to detect lies
Snowball the Monster Cat, 2000
Jennifer Love Hewitt's Disappearing Breasts
The Olympic Underwear Relay, 1956
Mencken's fake history of the bathtub, 1917
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
September Morn, the painting that shocked the censor, 1913
The Cradle of the Deep, a literary hoax, 1929
Pope Raisin
image A raisin that is the spitting image of the current pope is up for sale on eBay:

Yes My Friends, It Is Truly Amazing How This "Unmodified" Raisin Resembles The Pope In Every Way ~ Shape & Form ~ To The Smallest Detail
The Eyes, The Nose, The Ears, The Mouth
It's Like Holding The Pope's Head in Your Hand. But Smaller.

There are four days left to bid, but I think people are hesitant to make an offer because they may not want to interfere with the starting bid of $6.66.
Categories: eBay, Food, Religion
Posted by The Curator on Mon May 23, 2005
Looks more like Paula Abdul than the pope.
Posted by Bobcat  on  Mon May 23, 2005  at  11:08 PM
On an episode of Cheers:

Cliff Clavin: "Hey Carla! Look at this potato I found. It looks just like Richard Nixon!

Carla Tortelli: "So what. Show me one that doesn't."
Posted by Captain Al  in  Vancouver Island, Canada  on  Mon May 23, 2005  at  11:32 PM
So the Pope is really an alien? Not surprising.
Posted by Citizen Premier  in  spite of public outcry  on  Tue May 24, 2005  at  10:10 AM
It could be the 'leavings of a mouse'.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Tue May 24, 2005  at  01:35 PM
It bears an uncanny resemblance to a raisin.
Posted by Big Gary in Dallas  in  Dallas, Texas, USA  on  Tue May 24, 2005  at  01:58 PM
Imagine for a moment, the spectacle of the last five Popes, singing and dancing in a cheesy musical number, al la The California Raisins... stupid as hell, isn't it? Yeah. That raisin looks nothing like a Pope, more like a Poop. You wanted to say that didn't you, but "I" said it first. The first Pope/Poop joke of the thread, and it's mine. What do you mean it was lame? Step off
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue May 24, 2005  at  03:25 PM
Oh, wait... Maegan made a Mouse Turd reference a couple of posts back. Crap. That came out wrong... nevermind, I'll just put that back where it came from. sorry, my bad.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue May 24, 2005  at  03:28 PM
All my raisons look like the last Pope.
Posted by dave the cynic  on  Tue May 24, 2005  at  05:29 PM
both of 'em?
Posted by booch  on  Tue May 24, 2005  at  07:09 PM
My starting bid was rejected at $77.34
Posted by Chadds Ford Prefect  on  Wed May 25, 2005  at  10:29 PM
M-I-C...K-E-Y... Y? Why did Cubby bring a bra to The Mickey Mouse Club? He wanted to Raise Anette's... M-O-U-S-E (Donald Duck)
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed May 25, 2005  at  10:38 PM
I just can't see any resemblence to anything but a raisin.
Posted by Jim  in  Bradenton, FL  on  Thu May 26, 2005  at  08:11 PM