Pope Chicken Breast
image The latest 'face seen in food' on eBay is the Pope Chicken Breast. The seller even has their own website devoted to it already. The real question is how much Golden Palace is going to pay for this thing. Here's the description of the item:

As I was about to dig into my usual lunch of my dorms "baked chicken," I quickly stopped in my tracks as my eyes met this wonderful relic. I have the utmost respect for Pope John Paul II and I could not believe the resemblance I saw between my piece of chicken breast and him. I am deeply touched that I was chosen to receive this possible visit from the Holy Father. I would now like to share this beautiful likeness of Pope John Paul II with you. And unlike all the unoriginal grilled cheese and Pope hat chips, this is the Only celebrity chicken breast on eBay at the time of listing.
eBayFoodReligion
Posted by The Curator on Mon Apr 18, 2005 Comments (19)
It looks more like Professor Farnsworth from Futarama to me...
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Mon Apr 18, 2005  at  08:06 PM
Good news everyone!
Posted by Saint Cad  on  Mon Apr 18, 2005  at  08:51 PM
It takes a tough eBayer to sell a tender Pope head.

So, assuming this really is some kind of divine message (snicker), what do you think God and his buddy the Pope are trying to say?

And how exactly is this guy going to ship the winner of the auction a chicken breast? It takes at least a week to mail something, and that's a week of sitting around in warehouse space and the backs of trucks. The chicken would be pretty funky by the time it reached one's mailbox....
Posted by Barghest  on  Mon Apr 18, 2005  at  09:07 PM
Looks more like a medieval Arab warrior to me, with the helmet and neck protector hanging down behind. The dark band could be a ring or other device to hide the atachment points. Looks nothing like John Paul II to me.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Mon Apr 18, 2005  at  10:05 PM
How about Ignatious I? Now, there's an interesting fellow - and the likeness to what I've seen in a Renaissance depiction is, well, *remarkable*. Then again, that could be the beer.
Posted by stork  on  Mon Apr 18, 2005  at  10:15 PM
yeah, I think it looks like Mohammed rather than the pope...do i win a prize?
Posted by David  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  06:54 AM
I don't even think that it's a piece of chicken. Looks like a scab, or a booger, or a skin flake. Hmmm... how are you enjoying breakfast this morning? Mm mm good. Enjoy
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  07:21 AM
I thought it looked like Charles DeGaulle, but what do I know?
Posted by Nigel  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  07:24 AM
Turn it 90 degrees counter-clockwise, and it looks a bit like a map of the USA with Texas kinda bent the wrong way, but that's to be expected for Texas, where they have scabs, boogers, and skin flakes for breakfast. I'm in trouble now... Eat- people are starving in Delaware
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  07:24 AM
Yeah, thanks Hairy.
gulp
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  07:31 AM
I'm sorry- I'm being gross... I guess it looks more like a corn flake... Remember in Beverly Hillbillies where Jethro always ate these humongous bowls of corn flakes? Glad it wasn't a grande bowl of Scabs, Boogers, and Skin Flakes. That would've sent Granny scurrying to the root cellar for her rheumatis' medicine... Eat- it's getting cold. You're not leaving the table until it's finished
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  07:41 AM
I may not finish my lunch...
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  07:41 AM
This is the SHIT that creatures of higher inteligence come up with; Seeing their God's and messengers in Processed food.
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  09:43 AM
I think it's actually James Cromwell, the actor, in an oddly-divined missive against the consumption of pork...
Posted by ktownson  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  10:13 AM
That'll do, K. That'll do...
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  10:18 AM
It looks like Nero to me. smile
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  10:38 AM
>>> and it looks a bit like a map of the USA with Texas kinda bent the wrong way<<<

Actually, the Texas part of that chicken nugget is pretty accurately shaped, if a tad small. It looks more like the USA with no Florida, as if the entire state fell off into the ocean. And honestly, if they keep helping Repiglickans steal elections, I wouldn't have a problem with that....
Posted by Barghest  on  Tue Apr 19, 2005  at  09:43 PM
Charles DeGaulle, yes. Put one of those funny caps on it, and make the nose a little bigger, and you've got Monsieur le Presidente himself.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Thu Apr 21, 2005  at  06:41 PM
That's the pope alright... So, who's gonna eat the Pope?
*Me! Me!*
May you be blessed by the power of chicken breast.
Geez, what a joke. People always seeing things....
Posted by dandi  on  Sat Jan 28, 2006  at  07:22 AM
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.