Philanderers International
Here's another site that makes you wonder if it's real or fake: Philanderers.com. It's a service to help people who are married have extramarital affairs. My first thought was that it was a joke. But upon looking around it for a while, it appears legitimate. I wonder if any single people use this who want to have an affair with someone who's married? And here's an evil thought: if you ever try to cancel your membership, they could threaten to tell your spouse.
Categories: Sex/RomanceWebsites
Posted by The Curator on Tue Jan 06, 2004
Philanderers.com is 99.99% fraudulent. Almost all of the female postings are fictitiously placed by the webmaster luring in "men seeking" philanderous relationships. They then respond back to the victims with delaying responses. It's a superb scam because no subscriber is going to bitch or complain. A beautiful to fleece - never a complaint.
Posted by Blogmeister  on  Thu Feb 17, 2005  at  06:23 PM
Philanderers.com is real...with real ads, real people, real feelings. You have your story wrong.

Try Ashley Madison who does the trolling and fake ads. They are the one's who take your money.
Posted by someone who knows  on  Sun Jun 05, 2005  at  09:18 AM
I sent 2 messages to 2 different people on 9/13/05 I received a "priority mail" confirmation at 12:55 and 3:59 pm! What's interesting about this is that I got responses from those people at 12:55 and 3:59 pm. Seems one of the responses didn't have an email address(which we know is bogus because you need an email address to receive emails), and encouraged me to chat with her on Ashley Madison, the other response was something like "I've had a great time at Ashley Madison". I can only assume that the Ashley Madison site has not sent my emails, have blocked out my email address, or is sending me some kind of canned response. As things go right now it looks as if they are pulling some sort of scam, trying to get me to use all my credits, or spend more money on their website. Beware people.
Posted by Fred  in  Canada  on  Tue Sep 13, 2005  at  04:57 PM
The issue with Ashley Madison is - too many men and veryfew women - In a single night in one state - I counted 23 Men on line and just 4 Women - This is one state mind you - but not good odds - Matter of fact all women where being IM and not able to chat.
Posted by Dave  in  Boston  on  Sun Dec 11, 2005  at  12:50 AM
In marriage, look hard and find the green grass in your own pasture.
Posted by Lamar Cole  in  United States  on  Mon Jan 23, 2006  at  02:48 PM
Philanderers Int'l is 100% legit! I know as I've managed to snag several married but neglected women off of this site leading to 2 mind-blowing affairs, each of which lasted for several years. The database is small but I can honestly say the women on the site are the cream of the crop when it comes to sites that cater to extra-marital affairs.
Posted by Michael Pickett  in  United States  on  Wed Jun 14, 2006  at  04:08 PM
Yeah, I had my suspicions about Ashley Madison, then one night it really hit me when I was scanning for women to chat. Here is the letter I sent to their abuse department:

Sirs:
I would like to report what I believe to be abuse taking place in the system.

The profile numbers I refer to are: 1052270; 1052269; 1052266.

I checked to see if there were any "chat ready" women online, and what do you know, but the first three profiles that come up all have the same headline: "Hello"; not to mention that two are from "Central, British Columbia" and one is from "Central, Ohio" Now, what are the chances that three profiles with the same headline and all with the same BS name town listed (Central) would be "Chat Ready" at once? None of the profiles has anything written in the comments section either, as if they were all computer generated and not real people. It looks even more obvious with the nearly sequential profile numbers.

Go figure that it takes an average response time of five to ten minutes for any one of them to say anything back in the chat room, while the meter is running. It's enough to make me think that this is a setup: ashley madison puts out fake profiles that are chat ready to get suckers like me to waste minutes and keep blowing money. Am I being paranoid or am I right? You might as well let me know - if this is the scam, I have to hand it to you it's pretty inventive and probably makes you thousands an evening, even deducting from the cost of the one employee who occasionally throws out a bit of verse into the chat room, just to keep the customer hopeful and the meter running. Then again, why would anyone expect ethics from a site geared towards marital infidelity?

If I am completely wrong, forgive me, but you have to admit, this does seem fishy. Please correct me if I am mistaken, and thanks.

- Joe Blow

Needless to say, no response thus far. Have to try somewhere else.

Oh, and for those wondering about why bother with married women (aside from the 'forbidden fruit' thing)? They don't/can't get attached and are more likely to keep their mouths shut than single women, since they have something to lose. They also realize now what they took for granted while still single and they want to have fun before getting too old and fat. The best part is finding one who's NEVER had an orgasm before and give her one - she'll be grateful for life.
Posted by joe blow  in  NJ  on  Sat Aug 12, 2006  at  06:01 PM
Update -

Got a response from them, re: the above email. They say all new accounts begin with the "New Member" label, "Central" as the town and "Hello" as the headline, at least for the first 24 hours or so till the account is verified. That should explain the suspicious appearance of the listings, but it doesn't; not completely, anyway. There's been a few of these "New Members" that I've tried to chat with who never respond; to which I eventually query openly about whether or not the person I'm talking to is real. The instant I do this, the person (real or fake) goes offline. A few days later, I try finding the same profile, only to learn that it's been deleted after being "reported as abuse." Yeah right - who's doing the abusing, Ashley Madison?
Posted by joe blow  in  NJ  on  Wed Aug 16, 2006  at  07:00 AM
You're all right!
AM has many fake ads for women simply to make the "numbers" appear even. I noticed this when
I had some e-mails go back and forth and the responses sounded like they were "canned" types of templates. So in one subsequent e-mail to a profile I stated something like: "hello there you sound like a fat slug who likes to ride watermelons and fart through tin cans". Low and behold I get a response something like:
"Hi there stranger, been trying to contact you
but my work hours keep changing, chat soon and I hope this service has been good for you"
Yup they're scamming alright, but who is going to charge them! Not too many people ready to have their name associated with that.
Posted by ashleyagain  on  Sat Aug 26, 2006  at  02:37 PM
affairmatch.com is another of the bottom feeder sites that send you canned responses and of pictures of women likely taken from the web. Waste of $50...but a lesson learned.
Posted by Out $50  on  Thu Aug 31, 2006  at  04:32 PM
Does no one else find it extremley sad that there is a website dedicated to deceiving the ones you love the most? If your not happy, be honest and just get a divorce.
Posted by Steve  on  Sun Oct 15, 2006  at  03:26 AM
I setup a business meeting to meet a woman from AshelyMadison.com. The person was a fake profile and left a letter to me at the lobby saying that they are investigating people who cheat on their spouse. They left a invoice that can only be paid to paypal for $3000 and said they would stop their investigation if I paid the money.

There is no real screening done on these sites. I would avoid them like the plague.
Posted by Dean  in  None  on  Wed Oct 18, 2006  at  06:50 PM
Ashley Madison has numerous fake ads placed on their site. I can tell you, though, that there are a few real ones...but those are few and far between. And yes, as you might expect, most of the legit ads from females are from rather desperate people. Enough said on that. But to the original point, a very large proportion of the Ashley Madison female postings are fakes. It's a great scam and many other sites, include some regular dating sites, do the same thing. But in this case, who's going to turn them in? My hope, though, is that word gets around and they'll eventually go under.
Posted by In the Know  in  Denver, CO  on  Sat Dec 09, 2006  at  01:58 PM
Anyone know of a good cheating site?
Posted by Asahi Brw  in  Chicago  on  Fri Dec 29, 2006  at  05:13 PM
What's the best for cheatin'?
craigslist.com
outsidelove.com
philanderers.com
wildmatch.com

Stay far from anything that say wives or milf or lonely
Posted by Bubba Smith  in  Houston  on  Wed Jan 03, 2007  at  11:38 AM
I'm a married guy who used Ashley Madison for a year now. When I first registered I realized right away I was being contacted by shills, or fakes, or people paid by the company to get me to buy credits to chat. I did eventually buy credits worth $150. I have had contact with 2 women in my area who I think are real. I have not met either in person. But I think almost all the rest of the women who contacted me are fakes.
These women from my area contact me telling me they'd like to hear from me and send me pictures that are frankly, gorgeous. I then pay to send them an email. Receive a response like "would love to chat some time" but then you never see them online long enough to chat. The killer was when I noticed a pattern a couple weeks ago of about four of these really "attractive women" signing on all at once at the same time and signing off at the same time. Very suspicious. Should really get around to complaining to Ashley Madsion but I figure what;;s the use.
I thought if I put my comments out on the web it might help out some other potential sucker.
Good luck!
Posted by Billy Bobson  in  Rhode Island  on  Mon Jan 08, 2007  at  12:18 PM
I happen to know philanderers.com is for real! I was on the site for 3 years and in this time met up with 3 men,( however chatted with many). Met with one of which was too controling, one described himself as a prince and was really the frog. And well the other is now my fiance. We have both left our families on good terms of course and are planning to marry here soon. I love the site of course. Just be careful there are some scam women on there. The guy that tells his story above about the 3000.00 ashley madison scam. There is alot of that on both sites. I've heard alot of horror stories! good luck
Posted by amy  in  fl  on  Tue Jan 09, 2007  at  12:50 PM
What was the experience of the men you met there?
Posted by asahi_brw  in  Chicago  on  Tue Jan 09, 2007  at  08:56 PM
I read all the things on this page and think you should go to http://www.outsidelove.com and you'll see it is the place to be.
Posted by Linda  in  NYC  on  Sat Mar 31, 2007  at  04:33 PM
By the way, since it was listed as an affair site for years and even comes up as a site for extramarital affairs on all searchs, http://www.outsidelove.com will block ads for afairs but the site is still fun. The site owner is now a born again Christian and allows no cheating ads to his network. Still a great place to mingle though if you looking for love and some chat fun.
Posted by Linda  in  brooklyn,ny  on  Sat Mar 31, 2007  at  04:43 PM
Ashley Madison is a brilliant scam. I've been a member for a couple of years (only because I've not used up all my credits). There are a FEW real ads from real women looking for real affairs. But that is the exception. If I were to guess, I would say that 5-10% of the ads from females are real; 90-95% are fakes. I did actually meet a real person through the site once, but I can assure you that these numbers are about right. Also, most of the real ads are not exactly people you would want to have an affair with...but that's another story. The thing about Ashley Madison is that the company has absolutely no scruples when it comes to placing fake ads, giving free memberships to women just to get them to place ads, or having their employees "pose" as women in fake chats, etc. Because they know that no one is going to come forward publically to sue them! Hopefully, the news will get out or maybe the press will expose them. But for now, they continue to scam people, mostly guys thinking that they're using a legitimate service.
Posted by James  in  Charlotte NC  on  Fri May 04, 2007  at  05:19 PM
There are definitely some scam profiles on Ashley Madison (AM) and likely some built in response ads to keep men on the system. In fact, most of the dating sites have used that method one time or another. That being said, I can tell you that it absolutely works. You do need to have a great profile of your own and doesn't hurt if you are good looking (and know how to write a good email). The trick is to carefully select the female profiles you like and send a priority email (with a nice hello) with no picture access, but offering picture access with a response. Stay away from women who sound to good to be true, are too young (early 20
Posted by Jim  in  Toronto, ON  on  Sun May 13, 2007  at  01:11 PM
Does anybody have info on Wildmatch.com?
Posted by Ron  on  Mon May 14, 2007  at  03:21 AM
Check out http://www.outsidelove.com and trash the rest.
Posted by Janet  in  NYC  on  Mon May 14, 2007  at  03:42 AM
Wild match is hooked up with another site. Lots of women, lots of contacts. Just most of them far away.
AM has some real women.
Someone needs to start a simple cheap service for this.
Philanders is real but doesn't have many members.
AFF has way too many people.
Posted by Bubba Smith  in  Houston  on  Thu May 31, 2007  at  02:37 PM
AMs responses are so canned they are hilarious. Pics dont match the physical profiles, messages dont match the profile. Got messages from "women" I contacted that were'nt close to my questions. How do they get anyone to sign up for more than month? Interesting that they made me active before check cleared. Maybe I'll go stop it (just kidding).
By the way E harmony and Great Expectations get thier share of complaints. E Harm considers matches with people you cant contact (non payers) as contacts so they dont have to refund for no matches.
Posted by Scruffy  in  northeasr  on  Tue Jun 26, 2007  at  08:38 PM
This website claims to set people up for romance. However, the people and photos are false. Messages are transmitted by those who run the site. They collect money but do not deliver the service they claim to provide. They even promise you a month's free if you invite your friends, but do not give it to you. This site is totally fraudulent. Stay away from it!!
Posted by Joe Hayley  on  Mon Jul 16, 2007  at  04:19 PM
Check out http://www.outsidelove.com and forget those others.
Posted by Sandy  in  FL  on  Mon Jul 16, 2007  at  04:30 PM
Affairmatch.com claims to set people up for romance. However, the people and photos are false. Messages are transmitted by those who run the site. They collect money but do not deliver the service they claim to provide. They even promise you a month's free if you invite your friends, but do not give it to you. This site is totally fraudulent. Stay away from it!!
Posted by Joe Hayley  on  Mon Jul 16, 2007  at  05:56 PM
Just in case you haven't realized it, AFFAIRMATCH.COM is a major HOAX!!! The photos, especially of the women, are downloaded from the Internet!! The messages you receive are fake and are written by the crooks that own this site!! Beware, they'll steal your money!! They stole mine!!!

Mike
Posted by Mike  in  DC  on  Tue Jul 24, 2007  at  02:23 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 4 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.