Outbreak of Zombie Virus
A fake BBC news page has been doing the rounds that describes an outbreak of 'zombism' in a small town in Cambodia:

After death, this virus is able to restart the heart of it’s victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believe to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”

It's a pretty decent looking fake news page, although the url is a dead giveaway (pun intended), as is the awful grammar. The image of the ugly-looking creature comes from a photograph by artist Charlie White that was discussed in the forum last year. (thanks to Chris for the link)
Categories: Paranormal
Posted by The Curator on Fri Apr 29, 2005
I remember another fake CNN website with a sombie breakout, you click on a link, you get an error page, but when you move your mouse over the error page, some freaky face appears.

~Yaanu~
Posted by Yaanu  on  Fri Apr 29, 2005  at  10:22 PM
really? do you have the address for that webpage?
anyways that ...zombie looking thing is so creepy... and so realistic too. @@
Posted by Yushi  on  Sat Apr 30, 2005  at  12:51 AM
Actually the article had a more believable picture to begin with. It was a quasi blurry picture of androgynous third world soldiers walking through some beat up streets and such with a caption reading something around the lines of, "Cambodian troops move into that random town's name". The dog thing picture just cuts from the believability that freaked out my coworkers. That was a fun day...
Posted by That fabled Chris (I'm an Idiot actually)  in  Dunno, it's dark right now though  on  Sun May 01, 2005  at  12:23 AM
My friend got me with that, I thought it was a backup BBC server but then I started trying to go back and look for it in the BBC archives, then I looked at the url, I tried to go back and look deeper into the archives. Then I saw the date and knew it was a prank. The picture was good but I wish it was bigger. If anyone knows where I can get one thats 1024x768 tell me.
Posted by BOB!  on  Sun May 01, 2005  at  03:57 AM
i dont really believe in zombies i only believe in ghost becausze i seen my deceased grandfarther.
Posted by ashley  in  holland michagain  on  Fri Nov 04, 2005  at  03:37 PM
ZOMFG. ZOMBAIIIIZZZZ!!!1!11!1
I saw this article in Maxim, it was one of those "one out of these 3 articles is fake" and the other two had midgets getting massacre by a lion and a powerful gun that uses exploding ammunition to blow apart walls and things of that nature.
Those poor midgets got pwned by the lion.
Posted by Crow  on  Sat Dec 03, 2005  at  02:14 PM
Out of curiosity, I looked up the hostname for the IP address used in the URL for the Zombie article. It's baserape.com
Posted by Chip Jarred  in  Baton Rouge, LA  on  Tue Jan 10, 2006  at  02:21 AM
my friends brother saw something about it on tv, so i don't think that it's fake.
Posted by Rachel  in  your butttttthole  on  Mon Feb 06, 2006  at  03:18 AM
why whenever someone says these things are real is it always their brothers friend or their uncles cooks dog? (ok the last ones a bit unrealistic but it could happen) grrr
Posted by Ethan  in  In an Invisible Box  on  Tue Feb 07, 2006  at  08:40 AM
your all fuckin idiots...
Posted by 420  on  Sun May 14, 2006  at  05:16 PM
i havent been around for too long, hell only 18 now, but ive always been interested in Zombies...
i do think i can bring them back, im not sure if the virus is complete though.
i could be wrong, but i must try, and the only way to tramsmit that i know of is human to human, not animal to human, or animal to animal.
i havent had a human subjet, so im not sure if it will infect us or not...
ill post once again when the outbreak is complete.
be prepared to kill when the time comes...
i bid you all farewell...
Posted by Z Torres  in  USA  on  Wed May 17, 2006  at  06:25 PM
Some of you people, I swear...
Posted by 1-1  on  Fri Jul 28, 2006  at  01:01 AM
Oh, I'd like to see a zombie. . . a REAL one! vampire
Posted by Whisperpaw  in  WindClan's territory  on  Fri Oct 13, 2006  at  12:22 AM
Completely idiotic. Either this is a giagantic cover-up or the article's information is bad.
First, the Solanum Virus is only transmutable through bodily fluids and a mosquito would have died shortly after biting an infected human.
Second, the lifespan of a zombie is around 11 years. Not the two hours this article states.
While it does have some plausiblity as a cover-up, the information is wrong.
Posted by Jake  on  Wed Dec 13, 2006  at  01:31 PM
Uh... I realize that this was a while ago but I came across it on good old google a minute ago and felt the need to comment in case anyone else does the same and sees this.

In any case, look at the date it was published/last updated. "Friday, 1 April, 2005, 17:00 GMT 18:00 UK". It was an April Fool's joke, an article just get a rise out of people. Just a joke, not real.
Posted by Kat  on  Fri Jan 26, 2007  at  04:56 PM
Dang...you are all f*cking idiots. Seriously. First off, look up solanum or whatever on Google images. ITS A FREAKING BREED OF PLANTS!!!!!!!!!! I remember reading this about...oh...what? 2 years ago. Also, I tried baserape.com, and i didnt move my mouse over the website cus I bet there's a popup on dat there error page raspberry . Oh well.
Posted by Jacob  in  My House  on  Thu Mar 01, 2007  at  03:30 PM
I want a zombie :/
Posted by Megdizzle  in  Shitville  on  Thu May 10, 2007  at  06:00 PM
heres some food for thought, make of it what you will, I just thought I'd give you all a bit to think and debate about hehe tongue laugh http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/zombies/
Posted by Hitarou  in  N/A  on  Mon Jul 09, 2007  at  09:48 AM
i hope zombies do take over one day...im prepared.
Posted by Chris  in  New England  on  Wed Jul 25, 2007  at  10:11 PM
i think its true cause ive heard soooo much about it. there going to take over one day! grrr
Posted by shaun omelia  in  none of your business  on  Sun Aug 12, 2007  at  08:30 PM
all the ppl who think that this is real u suck, to ever1 else, well done
Posted by Ghost  in  aus  on  Fri Aug 17, 2007  at  03:56 AM
this web page has been created as many people think is a hoax but I (zombie Expert) I think other wise, the undead have infiltrated our news...

You may think that its impossible but let this to be a warning to us all, zombies will attack and you will need to prepare...

please visit my page http://www.bebo.com/zombie-annihilation
Posted by Nathan payne  in  scotland  on  Tue Oct 02, 2007  at  09:12 AM
you people are stupid.... i want everyone to look up the ebola virus... its a virus that is real and it makes you act like a zombie before it kills you...wikipedia does the best job
Posted by Austen  in  Texas  on  Fri Oct 12, 2007  at  09:49 PM
If zombies attacked I'd leave the USA as soon as possible because of the population and the fact that USA warfare might make undead stronger because they need marksman to blow off the heads and not tanks or artillery to just blow off zombie limbs or legs and make them harder to see.
Posted by Joseph  in  USA  on  Wed Oct 17, 2007  at  11:28 AM
The funny thing about all this is....the more debates on whether this COULD happen or NOT, the more some freakshow scientist is compelled to prove this theory. It could and most likely "will" happen, maybe not in the traditional movie sense we all know but similar cases may just rise....bwahahahahahaha
Posted by michelle  in  indiana  on  Wed Oct 17, 2007  at  02:23 PM
That would have been pretty sweet if the zombie virus actually existed, we're overdue for nature to produce something to help 'thin the herd'.

This sh!t would have been all over the news, "they" can't stifle every news-source in the world; although they can try and discredit them.
Posted by Cody Lowe  in  Kanata  on  Thu Jan 31, 2008  at  07:59 PM
I also hope there is an outbreak. Because I am sick and tired of people who get away with shit and stick there noses high above the ground thinking they are above everyone else. If there was an outbreak, it would force people to get there feet back on the ground and it will show everyone who is truly fit to survive. I have been preparing for any kind of event where humanity will be tested. From economic breakdowns to a global virus infection. But no matter how much one can prepare his or herself, it all comes down to common sense. Where only 1/8th of the worlds population can claim to have any. So bring it on!!!!
Posted by Ski  in  Illinois  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  03:11 PM
this is ridiculous.
zombies are conceivable, and it's likely the government's already been toying with the whole thing... but the way people obsess over this is ridiculous.
even in england, people dress up in zombie costumes and roam the streets once or so a year.
that's just stupid.
i think the idea of zombies is really interesting, and as I said, conceivable, but please stop making a ridiculous mockery of the whole thing.
geez.
Posted by 1  on  Sat Apr 26, 2008  at  05:40 PM
Oh come on wat is it with the ppl in there callin the belivers fuckin idoits. If you dont belive fine but leave the other ppl alone some of us really do belive in zombies. Hell we all should have a zombie plan. zombies WERE real check out this sit it proves it! http://www.archaeology.org/online/features/hierakonpolis/zombies.html
that is a credible website. for true belives who need help with a zombie plan go to http://www.redvsblue.com and look up the zombie plan PSA. the video may be a joke but u will get some good info from it.
Posted by max  in  USA  on  Mon May 05, 2008  at  10:50 AM
Anyone at all afraid that maybe oneday a rage virus will break out? I hear awhile back ago there had been a rage virus outbreak and that scares the shit out of me. Just knowing what the government hides. I think I would kick ass though, my life or some dead person. Hell yeah the only way to kill someone AND get away with it. I have my head on straight and Im watching cause if something happens my ass is gone. cool smirk
Posted by Diane  in  Texas  on  Thu Jun 05, 2008  at  09:26 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.