The Nobody For President Campaign, 1940 to Present
Rare planetary alignment decreases gravity, 1976
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
Vilcabamba, the town of very old people, 1978
Tourist Guy 9/11 Hoax, Sep 2001
Bonsai Kittens, 2000
Use your left ear to detect lies
Did Paul McCartney die on Nov. 9, 1966?
The Great New York Zoo Escape Hoax, 1874
Dead Body of Loch Ness Monster Found, 1972
Nuns on Stools
I just received this photo in my email. I suppose those stools the women are sitting on are real enough, though I have no idea if the women are really nuns, or if the whole scene was staged. It looks to me like the picture was taken somewhere in Europe, based on the drinks and signs behind the bar.

image image

Update: I added the picture that Charybdis linked to, since it's evident they belong together in a series. It must have been some kind of 'nuns on stools' photo shoot. (click images to enlarge)
Categories: Photos/Videos, Religion
Posted by The Curator on Wed Feb 02, 2005
Of course it's a hoax. Those aren't barstools- it's their real legs.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Feb 02, 2005  at  02:57 PM
That's funny. I love those stools. Since when do nuns frequent bars? It has to be staged. It is pretty amusing though.
LOL
Posted by Glamcat  on  Wed Feb 02, 2005  at  03:04 PM
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Wed Feb 02, 2005  at  03:31 PM
The nuns aren't necessarily indulging in any (ahem) bad habits. They might just be having a cup of tea or a sandwich. In Europe, the same sort of bar sells both alcoholic and nonalcoholic refreshments.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Wed Feb 02, 2005  at  04:30 PM
While nuns (or friars, or any other religious members) could definitely be found relaxing in a bar, I think this particular picture's a hoax. If you look closely, you'll see that most of the women are wearing makeup, something you WON'T see real nuns doing, let alone ones in full, traditional habits.
Posted by L.A.  on  Wed Feb 02, 2005  at  04:44 PM
You're right, L.A. I wasn't sure at first, but looking at it again, I think those women are wearing makeup.
None of the nuns I know or have ever known use makeup.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Wed Feb 02, 2005  at  04:49 PM
I don't know about makeup, but the center 'nun' is definately wearing heels- you can see her ankle and black shoe. Would nuns show their ankles? Or wear nude colored nylons?

Perhaps these women are movie extras or something. They all seem fairly young and svelte.
Posted by Katey  on  Wed Feb 02, 2005  at  05:51 PM
Young, svelte Nuns in makeup and high heels. Get thee to a nunnery, indeed.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Feb 02, 2005  at  07:18 PM
All the nuns I've met were old, non-svelte-like, & in clunky black shoes with wrinkly stockings. It's a cute picture though.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Thu Feb 03, 2005  at  07:17 AM
Ah!!, now I understand the appeal of the Catholic Church.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Thu Feb 03, 2005  at  09:24 AM
Maybe they were actresses shooting a movie on break or something. These women are definitely not nuns! Good catch on the makeup and heels.
Posted by Glamcat  on  Thu Feb 03, 2005  at  02:51 PM
Posted by Unfairly Balanced  in  Earth  on  Thu Feb 03, 2005  at  03:02 PM
Ya know, those guys don't have to be Muslim. I've often felt the same urge when near lingerie stores.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Thu Feb 03, 2005  at  03:06 PM
These probably aren't authentic nuns, but it's not necessarily a hoax.

I suspect that these ladies are dressed up for a play. They might be Nunsense actors.

It might be staged, but I tend to think that it was spontaneous. They went out for a drink or a bite to eat while still in costume and then this shot just became irresistable!
Posted by A. Nony Maus  on  Sun Feb 11, 2007  at  02:59 PM