Paul Krassner's Stereophonic Hoax, 1960
Actress who claimed she was kidnapped by puritans, 1950
The Great Electric Sugar Swindle, 1884
Fake Photos of Very Large Animals
BMW's April Fool's Day Hoaxes
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
NOVA Quiz
NOVA interviewed Hany Farid, the world's leading digital forensics expert. If you want to know if an image is real or fake, he's the guy to ask. To accompany the interview, they posted a nine image real-or-fake challenge. Each image shows NOVA host Neil deGrasse Tyson posing with a different celebrity. You have to figure out which images are fake, and which are real. Farid then gives the answer in an audio clip and explains what clues you should have looked for.

It's a good quiz. I got one wrong. But on a few of them I guessed and got lucky.
Categories: Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Sun Jun 29, 2008
3 wrongs here. One I thought was real was fake, and two I thought were fake were real.
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Mon Jun 30, 2008  at  01:58 AM
I only missed one. The first one.
Posted by Jackie  on  Mon Jun 30, 2008  at  02:21 PM
I got 6 right and 3 wrong, going entirely on instinct.
The narration on how to spot fakes is definitely worth listening to.
Posted by Big Gary  in  Punkin Center, Texas  on  Mon Jun 30, 2008  at  08:52 PM
okay, who is this Neil quiz man? I think he is really the Prince Bandar guy, because he has the red eyes, you know? In all the pictures, he says: "I am the Prince Bandar, I am so rich I pay the people to be in my pictures, okay"? Look too close in the Hillary picture, right? Where is the Bandar hands- they are on the money! Hah ha ha, I am sorry, I should not make a joke on Oil Kings... they are good customers, and have bought many of my books and cassette tape called: Love Instruction and Ramonian Lust Primer For Very Rich Oil Kings... the red eyes are the sure gives aways, so don't buy all the pictures, okay? Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Mon Jun 30, 2008  at  10:43 PM
I missed two...
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Tue Jul 01, 2008  at  10:24 AM
I only missed the first one, but I learned a lot more from listening to what the expert had to say. Outstanding lesson!
Posted by Crazy Ivan  on  Tue Jul 01, 2008  at  02:59 PM
I missed two.
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Tue Jul 01, 2008  at  05:53 PM
I got one wrong and that was the one with Obama. I passed everything else. This was easy
Posted by G  on  Fri Jul 04, 2008  at  06:14 PM