The Great Electric Sugar Swindle, 1884
Can a bar of soap between your sheets ease muscle cramps?
Vilcabamba, the town of very old people, 1978
Bonsai Kittens, 2000
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
A black lion: real or fake?
'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
The disumbrationist art hoax, 1924
Tube of liquor hidden in prohibition-era boot, 1920s
The Crown Prince Regent of Thulia, 1954
New World Radio
image Nat wrote to me hoping I could shed some light on the mystery posed by this website, New World Radio, but unfortunately I can't. Some mysteries just run far too deep for me. If you care to check it out, it purports to be the front for the 'New World Order' that is soon going to come into power. The agenda for this New World Order includes making all drugs (including alcohol) absolutely illegal, taking back the right to vote from women, and imposing strict censorship on all websites. So they sound like a real fun bunch. The kind it would be nice to kick back and have a beer with. If you actually take the time to listen to their internet radio broadcast (I admit that, yes, I did this), you'll be treated to muzak interspersed with Orwellian tracts read by a computer-synthesized voice. Why would anyone go to all the trouble of creating such a site? My first thought... maybe it's satire? Or maybe it's a ploy to sell a few cafepress t-shirts? The weird thing, as Nat points out, is that they went to an awful lot of effort to hide their identity by registering the site through an IP-redirector service, sytes.net.
Categories: Conspiracy Theories, Websites
Posted by The Curator on Thu May 13, 2004
I haven't looked at New World Radio yet, but your mention of the "IP-redirector service" made me think that I should tell you that the Iraqi Prison Fantasy Camp guy (I GUESS it's a guy) is doing the same thing. I got curious about that site of his (abughraib.org) so I checked on the owner. No useful info available. Interesting, huh?
Posted by Jimmy  on  Thu May 13, 2004  at  05:55 AM
I tried to listen to it, but my work blocks Winamp streams. I have the feeling I've heaed it before and that it's an old pirate radio station from the 80's or early 90's.
Posted by Ray  on  Thu May 13, 2004  at  06:41 PM
I couldn't get the audio working right (stupid dial-up) but I read the essays...it's either truly decent satire or a very scary bunch of people.
*crosses fingers and hopes it's a joke*
Posted by Mel  in  Southfield, MI  on  Thu May 13, 2004  at  10:17 PM
Maybe the reason these people are hiding their IP or whatever is they think it makes them look mysterious and cool. They might want to impress the conspiracy theorists that they mention. I didn't listen to the radio, but did skim some of the essays. I don't think these people are serious. There just wasn't the anger and bitterness I would expect from people setting up an oppressive regime. Usually a group like this would blame *someone* for what they perceive as society's ills.
Posted by Psi Fi  on  Fri May 14, 2004  at  04:29 AM
The new world society uses a yahoo address as it's contact. If they've taken all this trouble to register through an IP-redirector service, are they just being extra safe?
Basically, I think the site is just a male focussed group ranting of how they think things should be in AMERICA and are pitching for like minded folks to join their "progressive" way of thinking. They show no knowledge of other societies, economic situations and other cultures. But mor eimportantly they show a complete disillusion over human nature.

Lesbiens in charge of orphans!
Flesh collecting payment methods!
Some funny ideals tho!
Posted by mini  in  China  on  Tue May 18, 2004  at  08:31 AM
I just want to share with you guys that, a few years ago, there's actually a known actor in the Philippines who has admitted to the public that he is a member of this organization. It was even featured in some local newspapers. So I guess this org might be for real.
Posted by Ninj  in  Singapore  on  Wed Sep 29, 2004  at  09:39 AM
It's no longer there. Damn. blank stare
Posted by ~*Jen*~  in  Charleston,South Carolina  on  Wed Aug 09, 2006  at  09:41 PM