Sober Sue, the woman who never smiled, 1907
The Hitler Diary Hoax, 1983
Female thieves hide money in their bras, 1950
Stotham, Massachusetts: the town that didn't exist, 1920
Can a bar of soap between your sheets ease muscle cramps?
The Man-Eating Tree of Madagascar Hoax, 1874
Snowball the Monster Cat, 2000
Tube of liquor hidden in prohibition-era boot, 1920s
Baby Yoga, aka Swinging Your Kid Around Your Head
Script of Casablanca rejected, 1982
Loch Ness Monster Seen?
I'm posting this message from Paris, France. So far I've been finding it very hard to get onto the internet, but when I turned on my laptop in my hotel room I discovered that someone nearby is running an open wireless network (it's definitely not the hotel... I think it's the cafe on the corner).

Anyway, when I visited Loch Ness a few days ago I didn't think I had seen the monster, until I later examined the pictures I had taken. Then I noticed this mysterious object on the Loch that I didn't see while taking the picture. Perhaps it's just a small boat... or perhaps it's Nessie. Hmmm. image

By the way, if you ever stay in Loch Ness, skip the Loch Ness Lodge. It's a tourist trap. Opt for the Benleva Hotel instead. That's where the locals hang out. It's also got a great restaurant. I had kangaroo meat for dinner there (kangaroo meat in Loch Ness!!).
Categories: Cryptozoology, Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Wed Sep 15, 2004
a bit of a weird ship for a boat
Posted by Ariel  on  Wed Sep 15, 2004  at  11:15 PM
Hmm person who commented on the 15th of september, your blonde right.
If you were to even attempt at proper english, you would have writen.
it's a bit of a wierd shape for a boat. i assume of course you intended for this to occur.
Moron
anyway the image isn't of high enough quality to enchance the photo enough to get a proper view of the object. Hence if you like it could be nessie.
Or it could be just be my uncle jack on his fishing boat.
Posted by dope  in  Australia  on  Thu Sep 16, 2004  at  02:19 AM
Nice try at being an arsehole. But the word is "weird" not "wierd".
Posted by Matthieu  in  Melbourne, Australia  on  Thu Sep 16, 2004  at  04:17 AM
Try to be civil, 'dope'. There's no need to call anyone a moron. Anyway, of course it's probably a boat. The posting was mostly tongue-in-cheek... though I really did only notice it there when I looked at the picture later.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Thu Sep 16, 2004  at  05:16 AM
Alex, did you manage to get down to the edge of the loch? It's quite steep, isn't it? When I got there I took one look at the hillside and said to hell with Nessie! smile
Posted by Dawn  on  Thu Sep 16, 2004  at  07:37 AM
Maybe you took a picture of an escaping Kangaroo!
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, Florida, USA  on  Thu Sep 16, 2004  at  02:19 PM
Funny thing is dope's English is not good either. I count 13 spelling and grammatical errors.

"Hmm person who commented on the 15th of <object. Hence if you like<12> it could be nessie.
Or it could <13>be just be my uncle jack on his fishing boat."
Posted by doper  on  Thu Sep 16, 2004  at  02:36 PM
Which brings us to the old saying:

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

This holds especially true when dispensing unsolicited advice.
Posted by Gee...  on  Thu Sep 16, 2004  at  04:02 PM
Posted by Loxotron  on  Thu Sep 16, 2004  at  05:34 PM
The dot looks real enough, but why does it have a giant purple ring around it?
Posted by john  in  NH  on  Thu Sep 16, 2004  at  06:17 PM
Ha,ha...excellent Loxotron cool smile
Service known as BOF(Bureau Of Fakes)?
Posted by Paul  on  Thu Sep 16, 2004  at  07:54 PM
"Giant" purple ring? I wouldn't be suprised if that ring was actually drawn on the camera lense! It just doesn't look like a real purple ring.
Posted by Robbert  on  Fri Sep 17, 2004  at  06:16 AM
That's brilliant, Loxotron. It's amazing what can be done with computer enhancement nowadays. tongue wink
Posted by Alex  on  Fri Sep 17, 2004  at  06:43 AM
looks like a bird
Posted by spike03  on  Fri Sep 17, 2004  at  03:47 PM
I'm surprised that nobody's noticed this.

It's obviously a killer shark come in search of the one who hunted and killed his mate. oh oh
Posted by Charybdis  on  Fri Sep 17, 2004  at  05:49 PM
Of course, according to Ed Wood, Loch Ness is inhabited by giant freshwater octopuses.
Posted by Carl Fink  on  Sat Sep 18, 2004  at  02:40 AM
I was extremely tired when I made my comment. Just looks like a diagonal line to me . . .
Posted by Ariel  on  Sat Sep 18, 2004  at  10:50 PM
Actually, I think it's a red circle... hehe.
Posted by Mathieu Plante  in  Quebec, Canada  on  Sun Sep 19, 2004  at  12:56 AM
I've been to Loch Ness. There is no Nessie. They even admit it at the Loch Ness exhibition by the lake. Why is everyone picking on your circle?
Don't stay in any hotel near the Loch, stay at a B & B in Inverness - at least your close to town then.
Posted by angel  on  Mon Sep 20, 2004  at  02:00 PM
That's not a picture of Nessie...
It's a Kangaroo escaping.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, Florida, USA  on  Mon Sep 20, 2004  at  02:47 PM
Maybe it's the rabbit that guy threatened to eat at Christmas....
Posted by Mark  on  Mon Sep 20, 2004  at  03:29 PM
It's not Nessie.

My mate's friend knows somebody who swears it's the Luna landing module - he's seen it and everything.
Posted by Peter  in  London  on  Tue Sep 21, 2004  at  08:18 AM
Maybe it's Ted Jesus Christ God practicing his walking on water bit.
Posted by Charybdis  on  Tue Sep 21, 2004  at  11:54 AM
Charybdis: TJCG...HAH! Good one!
Posted by Gee...  on  Tue Sep 21, 2004  at  01:55 PM
Are you guys really so bored now that Alex is on vacation that you have nothing better to do than post and repost jokes on this aging blog?
Posted by john  in  NH  on  Tue Sep 21, 2004  at  10:51 PM
Hey john, are you so bored now that Alex is gone that you have nothing else better to do than harrass people who are just harmlessly goofing around on his blog?
Posted by Goo  in  Dexter, ME  on  Wed Sep 22, 2004  at  06:08 AM
It's like recess...
Posted by Gee...  on  Wed Sep 22, 2004  at  05:55 PM
that's exactly it. you've hit the nail on the head.
Posted by john  in  NH  on  Wed Sep 22, 2004  at  09:16 PM
So...lets go play on the swings!!
Posted by Gee...  on  Wed Sep 22, 2004  at  09:19 PM
does that mean you get free wireless internet access without paying or anything? im confused...
Posted by underpants  in  spongebob underpants  on  Thu Sep 23, 2004  at  06:39 AM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >