The Sandpaper Test, 1960
war of the worlds
The night Martians invaded New Jersey, 1938
The worms inside your face
Van Gogh's ear exhibited, 1935
The Hoaxing Hitchhiker, 1941
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
Jennifer Love Hewitt's Disappearing Breasts
Tube of liquor hidden in prohibition-era boot, 1920s
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
Loch Ness Monster Hoaxes
My Sister’s Diary
image A teenage girl put her sister's diary up for sale on eBay. The sale is an act of revenge, done to get back at her sister because she "told my boyfriend that I cheated on him! " Bidding has already ended, with the diary going for $66. Some of the secrets you could have been privy to had you been able to bid in time include that her sister "cheated on her boyfriend, but NOT with another guy... She got into a fight at a supermarket with this fat guy... There were a lot of parties that she went to  and the outcomes were shocking". Wow!

The thing that gets me is that the girl says that the diary was not stolen. She has to say this because it's illegal to sell stolen merchandise on eBay. But if it's not stolen, then she must be selling it with her sister's consent. If her sister has given her consent, then it's hardly a revenge sale. In other words, any way you approach this, there's something fishy about the sale. The girl probably doesn't have a sister at all.
Categories: eBay
Posted by The Curator on Tue Mar 15, 2005
Well, it's definitely a nice angle.. $66 for a "diary" that could be 10 years old (who knows?)... she had to have had her sis's permission, if the sister even exists!
Posted by David  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  02:05 AM
It was probably written by a 45-year-old guy. I mean, it isn't like anything you see on eBay is guaranteed to be real, is it? Maybe the buyer will suddenly "discover" that the diary is haunted. Now THAT would be funny!
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  04:38 AM
...Or she killed her sister & then "inherited" it.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  06:53 AM
If you doubt this is fake, check out the seller's other items: 5564143538 and 5565246507.
Posted by dog  in  VA  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  09:12 AM
If she uses her $66 to fill her fridge, will she close her Fill My Fridge Sale?
Posted by Citizen Premier  in  spite of public outcry  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  09:30 AM
I asked her if we can tell her what she has to fill her fridge with. Would she be willing to eat sprouts and tofu for a month?
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  09:45 AM
These things are unreal. I wonder how much this idiot makes from e-bay every month.
Posted by Bill B.  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  10:30 AM
So, it's illegal to sell stolen merchandise on eBay!

Where is it legal to sell stolen goods?
Posted by Lord Lucan  in  Botswana  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  11:54 AM
Good question. smile
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  03:34 PM
Hmmm... That's actually a good idea! Write a fake diary, sell it online for money! I could use 60 bucks! Yes! Thank you E-Bay!
Posted by Fay-Fay  on  Tue Mar 15, 2005  at  10:37 PM
Apparantly her sister is now putting her sisters loveletters up for sale on eBay.
Posted by Unfairly Balanced  in  Earth  on  Thu Mar 17, 2005  at  01:09 PM
OK, I thought the diary thing was kinda lame, but with this "love letters" follow-up, this guy (I'm assuming it's a guy who is doing this) has revealed himself as an eBay genius. Who knew there'd be an Act Two to this?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Thu Mar 17, 2005  at  04:06 PM
honestly I don't think a guy forged that diary simply because it looks like girls' handwriting - which is not very easy to mimic for a guy. raspberry
Posted by Goobersnotch  on  Thu Mar 17, 2005  at  07:54 PM
Regarding the fill my fridge... I was looking at her feedback and someone has already bought it once. It is nice to be generous, but her auctions just scream out for a sucker.
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Fri Mar 18, 2005  at  03:47 PM
I don't know which disgusts me more. All these people making money off of the stupidity of the masses, or my longing to find just the right crap so I could make a killing. For piddling amounts I've got too much dignity (allright... hatred) to do this but when you start talking about tens of thousands of dollars - well, that's different. I'll sell a little dignity for that.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Fri Mar 18, 2005  at  04:13 PM
The Right Crap
your longing is my command...
there you go
enjoy
Posted by Unfairly Balanced  in  Earth  on  Sat Mar 19, 2005  at  05:29 PM
regarding the feedback, maybe she made up new ebay username's to leave feedback for herself so people would see that others were "buying" stuff from her...ugh.
Posted by L  in  CA  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  10:51 PM
Oh my god who would do that she went to far
Posted by Ceslee  in  tn  on  Fri Dec 15, 2006  at  11:35 PM