The Great Wall of China Hoax, 1899
Boy floats away in balloon, 2009
Mencken's fake history of the bathtub, 1917
Eccentric's last prank, 66 years after his death, 1900
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
The damp spot that hoaxed a city, 1912
Museum News
There's quite a bit of news to report about the activities of MOHers throughout the world.

First, and most amazingly -- belated congratulations to Smerk and Accipiter who got engaged while I was in Germany. The two met in the MOH forum, making this the very first MOH marriage! That's quite a milestone. I can't quite get over the idea that this site, which I created as a way to procrastinate while I was supposed to be working on my dissertation, has played a role in allowing two people to meet, fall in love, and get married. That's incredible. More details about the engagement are posted in the forum.

Second, Scottish MOHers WaveOfMutilation, Boo, and Madmouse recently visited Aussies Nettie and Smerk in Perth. Nettie sent this great picture of the whole gang.

Tah and Oppiejoe met up in Hell, Michigan.

And finally, Nettie (subsequent to the Perth get-together) traveled to North America where she had the chance to meet up with Tah and Transfrmr in Seattle.

Categories: Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Sat Nov 08, 2008
We had a great time in Perth. Many thanks go to Nettie and her husband for putting up with us for two weeks!
Also, thanks for sending Alex a photo where we don't look like trolls.
wink
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Sat Nov 08, 2008  at  01:13 PM
Alex is, of course, going to pay for all the wedding costs. Right, Alex?

Alex?

Hello?

Hmmmmmm. . .
Posted by Accipiter  on  Sat Nov 08, 2008  at  03:54 PM
I had so much fun meeting up with so many people! It was great.

Alex, I guess at the end of the day it's a big thank you to you for making the world a smaller place!
*hugs*
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Sat Nov 08, 2008  at  04:49 PM
Im the only one who has never been seen yet mwahahaha om as elusive as the loch ness bigfoot smile
Posted by Silvar  in  Philipines  on  Sat Nov 08, 2008  at  09:16 PM
Awww...everyone is meeting everyone else except me. Someone come visit Tucson, eh?
Posted by Razela  in  Chicago, IL  on  Sat Nov 08, 2008  at  11:23 PM
Or you could start saving now, Raz, and come out to Australia for the wedding! Then you can meet everyone else who manages to make it out there.
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Sat Nov 08, 2008  at  11:38 PM
Ooooh, that sounds like the wedding will be happening here! Yay!
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Sun Nov 09, 2008  at  01:47 AM
"Awww...everyone is meeting everyone else except me."

Add me to that list. I never get to hang with anybody. *sniff* Not that I would want to visit the northern Oregon coast at this time of year if I didn't live here (it rains...a LOT).
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Sun Nov 09, 2008  at  03:37 AM
Okay, so we're all going to Perth for the wedding. Should be a good time. I think I have a long-lost cousin there.
Posted by Captain Al  in  Vancouver Island, Canada  on  Sun Nov 09, 2008  at  11:26 AM
I so want to go to the wedding! And Australia! And Wedding!
Posted by Razela  in  Chicago, IL  on  Mon Nov 10, 2008  at  01:00 AM
Nice Transformers shirt. :D
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Tue Nov 11, 2008  at  06:01 PM
I R teh Famous now LOL

*starts counting pennies to get to try to get to Aussieland for the wedding*
Posted by oppiejoe  in  Michigan - USA  on  Wed Nov 12, 2008  at  09:06 AM