The worms inside your face
Can a bar of soap between your sheets ease muscle cramps?
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
Cursed by Allah
Female thieves hide money in their bras, 1950
September Morn, the painting that shocked the censor, 1913
The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
BMW's April Fool's Day Hoaxes
Bonsai Kittens, 2000
The Nobody For President Campaign, 1940 to Present
More eBay Stuff: Wonder Woman’s Airplane
Maybe I should just change the name of this site to the Museum of eBay Hoaxes. After all, there seems to be an endless supply of them. (actually, a weblog devoted to weird online auctions really might be interesting, though I'd be surprised if something like that doesn't already exist). Anyway, I've received a couple of emails giving me a heads up about even more eBay hoaxes. First, Lillian alerted me to a woman selling a 'schizophrenic's past'. But the auction had already been pulled by the time I checked. Then Steve emailed me about this auction in eBay motors of "Wonder Woman's Invisible Airplane". The accompanying picture is the best thing about it. Somewhat reminiscent of the New Stealth Bomber photo.
image
Categories: eBay
Posted by The Curator on Fri Jan 28, 2005
There is a website:

It has been chronicling the weirder side of EBay and other auction sites for some time now. I have it bookmarked right next to the Museum of Hoaxes.

R
Posted by R  in  Seattle  on  Fri Jan 28, 2005  at  01:20 AM
Wonder Woman's plane. I HATE myself for not thinking of this first!

"Well, no, sir, we haven't spotted an aircraft per se, just a woman in a colorful bathing suit who appears to be squatting at three thousand feet..."

Hey, did you know Wonder Woman can fly? She's been able to pretty much since her debut in the 40's. She doesn't even need the damned plane. I felt so betrayed by SuperFriends when I first learned this. And she's almost as strong as Superman, too? How DARE they power-down the only female hero on the show? I'm glad Justice League came along to set everyone straight.
Posted by Barghest  on  Fri Jan 28, 2005  at  01:24 AM
I love the photo of it flying in the sky and the boxes of spare parts!
Too much. At least they're not asking a lot of money for it. It's a bargain!
Posted by Glamcat  on  Fri Jan 28, 2005  at  07:51 AM
Shipping is only $3.94, too.
Posted by Sarah  on  Fri Jan 28, 2005  at  10:44 AM