Mencken's fake history of the bathtub, 1917
The Cradle of the Deep, a literary hoax, 1929
Bonsai Kittens, 2000
The boy with the golden tooth, 1593
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
Iceberg floats into Sydney Harbor, 1978
The Crown Prince Regent of Thulia, 1954
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
Prof. Wingard's Death Ray Hoax, 1876
Milkman Experiment
Swedish father Ragnar Bengtsson is pumping his breasts at three-hour intervals every day, in the hope that eventually he will start to lactate and be able to breastfeed his future children. If it works, he has no plans to breastfeed his 2-year-old son. The experiment is being filmed by Swedish TV8.

Odds that he may produce some milk if he works at it long enough: pretty good. Odds that he'll produce enough to feed a child: close to zero. He could help his cause by starving himself, since starvation triggers male lactation. That's just one of the odd facts I happen to know. (Thanks, Bob!)
Categories: Birth/Babies, Body Manipulation
Posted by The Curator on Fri Sep 04, 2009
I vote to starve him.
Posted by Canadarm  on  Sat Sep 05, 2009  at  09:48 PM
Just get him pregnant. Then all the proper hormones will get to work.
Posted by Accipiter  on  Sun Sep 06, 2009  at  01:24 PM
He should move in with Thomas, the "pregnant man" (female-to-male transsexual) here in Oregon. I see a reality show--or a post-modern remake of "The Odd Couple"--in that.

(For the record, no, I am NOT anti-transgender. It's just jokes, folks.)
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Sun Sep 06, 2009  at  07:32 PM
Ragnar wants a Baby Glutton doll for Christmas.
Posted by Fred  on  Mon Sep 07, 2009  at  12:16 PM
And odds that he'll develop breast cnacer before any milk turns up; Very high indeed.

Like that other guy, the actor . . . Yeah, I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft - Damn right!
Posted by D F Stuckey  in  Auckland New Zealand  on  Mon Sep 07, 2009  at  10:26 PM
1% of all breast cancer cases happen to men.
I don't have hard data on this, but I'm guessing that way less than 1% of all breast-feeders are men.
Posted by Big Gary  in  Medicine Mounds, Texas  on  Wed Sep 09, 2009  at  09:57 AM
True, Big Gary, I was referrign to the physical damage that might be caused by stimulation of the mammae area - the reason the sports bra came into being.
Posted by D F Stuckey  in  Auckland New Zealand  on  Sat Sep 26, 2009  at  06:41 PM