Snowball the Monster Cat, 2000
The Stone-Age Tasaday Hoax, 1971
Female thieves hide money in their bras, 1950
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
Media Schedule
I've been pretty busy lately, what with Hippo Eats Dwarf appearing in bookstores this week, and I've also been updating portions of the site to get ready for April Fool's Day. That's why posting has been kind of light. Anyway, I'm going to be doing a bunch of radio shows this week, so I've posted my schedule below. If you get one of these stations listen in and see if whomever I'm talking to manages to stump me (DJs seem to love to flip to random pages of my book and grill me on whatever they find there, as I struggle to remember what I wrote a year ago). If you live in San Diego, I'll be doing a book signing at the downtown Borders this Saturday. I'm also doing a bunch of taped radio shows, but I haven't included those in this list since I don't know when they'll be broadcast.

Tuesday, March 28
Cincinnati, OH: 8:40 - 8:55 am, WKRC-AM
Cleveland, OH: 9:10 - 9:30 am, WMJI-FM (Tentative)

Wednesday, March 29
San Diego, CA: 9:30 to 9:40 am, KPRI-FM

Thursday, March 30
San Diego, CA: 7:40 am, KUSI-TV News
Winston-Salem, NC: 3:33 - 3:43 pm, WSJS
Fargo, ND: 3:00 - 3:30 pm, North Dakota Public Radio, "Hear It Now"
Lexington, KY: 4:30 - 5:00 pm, WLAP-AM
Nashville, KY: 5:20 - 5:35 pm, WKCT-AM

Friday, March 31
Wisconsin: 7:00 - 8:00 am, Wisconsin Public Radio "Conversations with Joy Cardin"
Tucson, AZ: 8:20 - 8:35 am, KNST-AM
Denver, CO: 9:00 - 10:00 am, KOA-AM "Mike Rosen Show"
Chicago, IL: 1:35 - 1:50 pm, WILL-AM (NPR)
Knoxville, TN: 2:30 - 3:00 pm, WNOX-AM "The Phil Show"
Bloomington, IL: 4:00 - 4:20 pm, Radio Bloomington

Saturday, April 1
Palm Springs, CA: 10:30 - 11:00 am, KNWZ-AM "On the Mark"
San Diego, CA: 2:00 - 3:30 pm, Book signing at Borders, 668 6th Ave. (Downtown)
Chicago, IL: 10:00 pm - 10:30 pm, WGN-AM "Nick Digilio Show"

Monday, April 3
Cleveland, OH: 11:00 - 11:30 am, WWOW-AM "Louie Free Radio Show"
Categories: Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Tue Mar 28, 2006
Let me know when you do a book signing in the Phoenix area smile
Posted by Sharruma  in  capable of finishing a coherent  on  Tue Mar 28, 2006  at  02:21 AM
Nothing in Texas either. What are you, some kind of elitist?
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Tue Mar 28, 2006  at  09:50 AM
Yea! I already listen to the Mike Rosen show already.
Posted by dply27  in  Denver, CO USA  on  Tue Mar 28, 2006  at  12:02 PM
Have a good book tour!

By the way, have any of the Traveling Hippo Experiment pictures been posted in the Museum yet?

I was looking for them yesterday, but I didn't find any.
Posted by Big Gary in Tool, Texas  in  Dallas, Texas, USA  on  Tue Mar 28, 2006  at  02:40 PM
Well, it's not exactly a book tour. More like a radio tour done as I sit in my office at home.

And I'm working on getting a page together for the traveling hippo pics. It should debut soon. Though I don't have too many pictures so far. Just yours and one from France.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Tue Mar 28, 2006  at  05:17 PM
My copy arrived yesterday! Having great fun reading it:) Though I must admit, having been a regular here it's a bit like flipping through a family history or something - I've yet to come across a story I didn't know from the website. That's not a complaint, though...
Posted by outeast  on  Wed Mar 29, 2006  at  03:07 AM
I have my copy, but I want to finish your first book before I start it. Good stuff you got there Alex... can't wait to read the new one and see how close my "review" was to the actual book:

<a >review contest</a>
Posted by oppiejoe  in  Michigan - USA  on  Wed Mar 29, 2006  at  10:10 AM
Hey Alex, I tried to listen to your tucson interview but you weren't on. I woke up early and listened to it from 8am-8:45 on friday (you were suppose to be on at 8:20?). Instead they had an interview with a guy from the Mexican board of commerce in Arizona, and an interview with that guy from sopranos, but no Alex. Did you perhaps forget about the time change??

I was going to call in and everything (I was going to tell them they were speaking to an aposter (sp? opposter?) and that I was the real Alex (Alexandra) Boese).
Posted by Razela  in  Chicago, IL  on  Thu Apr 06, 2006  at  02:10 PM