Mule elected G.O.P. committeeman, 1938
The disumbrationist art hoax, 1924
The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals, 1959
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
The Instant Color TV Hoax, 1962
The Olympic Underwear Relay, 1956
Manchurian Global
At first glance, Manchurian Global looks like any other faceless corporation. Its website is full of corporate jargon about mission statements, international client bases, and holistic visions. But, of course, Manchurian Global isn't a real corporation. Its site is part of the advertising campaign for The Manchurian Candidate, which opens today. The illusion of reality that the site maintains is actually quite convincing. They've really made it look like a real company. Only until you dig far into the site do you arrive at suspicious stuff, such as a video showing one of their scientists, Dr. Atticus Noyle, talking about how they can control people's personalities at a genetic level. Paramount has been running an ad on my site for The Manchurian Candidate for the past two weeks, which I thought was pretty cool since I've always liked the original 1962 version of the movie starring Frank Sinatra. I'm hoping the new version can live up to the original.
Categories: Advertising, Entertainment, Websites
Posted by The Curator on Fri Jul 30, 2004
Dr. Atticus Noyle...

Congratulations, Paramount marketing gurus!

What a great companion piece to all the regular interviews, Entertainment Tonight clips, etc.

I pride myself on having found this through a Google search the very FIRST day the site went up.

Yes, I was on hand for filming at the Sahara Sand Mine location in south Jersey (less than two miles
from my home here on Long Beach Island, and must sign off now to see the 1:04 p.m. screening in Manahawkin.

Congratulations again -- I especially enjoyed the digital "jitter" in the scientist quickTime playback. Nicely done!

Jim De Francesco
Hogpenny Studios
Long Beach Island, NJ
Posted by Jim  in  Long Beach Island, NJ  on  Sun Aug 01, 2004  at  02:31 PM
It was cute the first time they had the fake-website-movie-publicity stunt...now it's just getting stupid.
Posted by Gee...  on  Mon Aug 02, 2004  at  08:17 PM
From what I know this is the 2nd time that a fake website supports a movie launch. The 1st one was with the follows-up of "The Matrix", reffering to the website http://www.metacortechs.com/main.html.

Marketing gurus, show us more !
Posted by Mauro  in  ITALY  on  Thu Dec 02, 2004  at  10:05 AM
It's all real, don't be mistaken abd listen to their lies.
Posted by The Overseer  in  MG  on  Thu Dec 09, 2004  at  06:01 PM
Posted by Steven  in  Oakville,Ontario,Canada  on  Sat Dec 18, 2004  at  02:01 AM
Has anyone checked that manchurianglobal website recently? I was viewing the moving on DVD rom and decided to google Noyle, just like Ben Marco did, and I got this weird website that looked as if the website had been hacked.

Im pretty sure this isnt normal, since google's cached files look notihng like this webpage.

Hacked, or more bullshit PR stuff, even tho i watched this movie long after its release to DVD.
Posted by Eric  in  Virginia  on  Sun Feb 13, 2005  at  12:32 AM
i from romania and i see movies :the The Manchurian Candidate and next step i`am serch with google :Atticus Noyle smile)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Posted by pericol24  in  romania  on  Sun Mar 27, 2005  at  03:24 PM
i did it too smile maybe u can try google with The Ring wink
Posted by max  in  nowhere  on  Sun Apr 03, 2005  at  10:15 PM
excaim this is the best thing in the world of electronices. the Dell computers are the best and the fastest in the world!!!!!!! Buy one now!!!
Posted by bobby smith  on  Sat Apr 16, 2005  at  10:51 AM
im from romania too and i seen the movie but in some moments i dont know what happened for real in that movie confused
Posted by romanian  in  quebec  on  Sat Jul 30, 2005  at  10:27 AM
hy i`gain smile
Posted by pericol24  in  romania  on  Mon Aug 01, 2005  at  06:20 PM
Check that out...We have just seen "Manchurian CAndidate" and we felt like we have to search google for "noyle" just as Marco did...We were shocked and impressed by the resoults we have found, We have seen the video presenting the scientist about 20 times. And tried to undercover words like "justice we have" "noble pomato" and "push it and then back" (which is not sure actually). After finding out that it was all made up we're about to smile.
Posted by 3 Kings  in  Poland,Cracow  on  Sat Oct 22, 2005  at  04:50 PM
Hey fellows, I have difficulties in opening the manchurianglobal website.

Do any of you have any idea on how to open it or if the url has changed, can someone direct me to it?

Thna ks,

Bilha
Posted by Bilha  in  NY ithaca  on  Mon Dec 05, 2005  at  12:03 PM
so is suppose 2 b thenext god, the manchurian candidate, does the astral form carry over to anyone else
Posted by 0000000000  in  000000000000000000000000000000  on  Mon Dec 05, 2005  at  06:39 PM
hello!After I watched this movie I was so impressed and I'd looking for "Atticus Noyle" on google.com all the time. That was a good movie and it is exactly my type.. But I think it was based on real story..i think it is.!

thanks.

saqib
Posted by saqib niazi  in  pakistan  on  Sat Sep 09, 2006  at  02:58 PM
"But I think it was based on real story" - Posted by Steven in Oakville,Ontario,Canada on Fri Dec 17, 2004 at 11:01 PM

Ummmm... try googling Dr. Sydney Gottlieb (deceased), Dr. Jose M.R. Delgado (living), Dr. Donald Ewen Cameron (deceased), McGill Univ, UC Davis Univ, Dr. Miguel A.L. Nicolelis (living), and DR. JOHN P. DONOGHUE, Ph.D. - Cyberkinetics Inc. Real story? You be the judge...
Posted by Loqutus of B  in  Washington DC  on  Tue Sep 12, 2006  at  04:40 PM
now that's...
Posted by anatem  on  Sun Nov 12, 2006  at  03:09 PM
Unfortunately the MG site has gone, shame :(

However I just Goggled 'Cyberkinetics. Inc. and basically got a chill!! talk about real life mimicking films, have a look....

Dave
Posted by Dave  in  London  on  Tue Nov 27, 2007  at  08:37 AM
yeah i got the same results from my experiment on cyberkinetics. it sent chills man.
Posted by Dave  in  Medford  on  Mon Mar 02, 2009  at  11:06 AM
Can someone post the site to the fictional company Manchurian Global if it still is up?
Posted by John  in  Germany  on  Tue Nov 17, 2009  at  03:03 AM
Is the fictional company Manchurian Global's site still up? Can someone post it?
Posted by John  in  Germany  on  Tue Nov 17, 2009  at  03:08 AM
This is not fiction. Do you really think that those who do these things will tell you ?
Wake up and search for all technologies. You'll be suprised what man can do now a days. Don't be blinded by liars. I repeat THOSE WHO DO THESE THINGS HAVE NO INTEREST IN THE FACT THAT THE WORLD KNOWS ABOUT IT. Think a little and rember all the lies that are told in our actual world !
Posted by MadMax  in  Switzerland  on  Mon Mar 08, 2010  at  03:49 PM
MadMax,

I think I didn't make myself clear enough.

My question was: Is the fictional company Manchurian Global's site still up?

The only thing I was calling fiction, was the company, Manchurian Global, from the movie Manchurian Candidate. I found it impressive that "Hollywood" made a movie using these themes and thought maybe they went as far and created a "fictional" website, either for publicity purposes for the movie, or as a wake up to those who are in the field using science for reasons built out of greed, fear or psychological pain.
Posted by noomkcab  on  Tue Mar 09, 2010  at  12:35 AM