The Hoaxing Hitchhiker, 1941
Prankster causes volcano to erupt, 1974
Old-Time Photo Fakery, 1900 to 1919
The Crown Prince Regent of Thulia, 1954
The Man-Eating Tree of Madagascar Hoax, 1874
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
Man Attacks Inflatable Pumpkin
Do you ever feel like if you see just one more fake giant inflatable pumpkin, that you're going to go mad and attack something? Apparently this guy did:
LLOYD, N.Y. -- A woman says a neighbor attacked her inflatable Halloween lawn display of three ghosts and a giant pumpkin, then apparently smashed his head through her window in a fit of rage. State Police said officers found a drunken John Odee, 43, inside Dawn Garcia's house in the Hudson Valley town of Lloyd on Thursday night, arrested him after a brief struggle and charged him with burglary.

Garcia told the Middletown Times Herald-Record she heard hollering and swearing and looked outside to see Odee struggling with the giant pumpkin. "He was enraged. I could see that," she said.

When she yelled at him to go away, Odee charged the house. She fled through the back door with three of her children and heard window glass breaking. She called 911 from another neighbor's house. Police said Odee used his head to smash a window to get in.

"What made him do that, I don't know," Garcia said. "We had the same decoration up last year and it didn't bother him."
Categories: Law/Police/Crime
Posted by The Curator on Tue Oct 16, 2007
My sympathy is entirely with Odee. I hope that when Christmas comes, he attacks those godawful glowing Santas and reindeer and elves that get placed on every lawn. Decorations should stay inside!
Posted by Nona  in  London  on  Tue Oct 16, 2007  at  08:17 AM
I'm guessing he's fundamentalist.
Posted by Vorpal  on  Tue Oct 16, 2007  at  11:29 AM
I wish I could get one of those inflatable lawn decorations. But sadly I live in a condo and there's not enough room for one.
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Tue Oct 16, 2007  at  04:37 PM
Maybe he didn't attack last year because he hadn't reached his threshold of tolerance yet. There are a lot of decorations, ads, whatever that I see a few times and am OK with but after a while, sometimes a very short while, I am willing to take my battleaxe to the person(s) responsible.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Tue Oct 16, 2007  at  04:49 PM
Actually, the guys name is Linus and he was yelling something about "Great Pumpkin, my @$$!"
Posted by RainOubliette  in  Pennsylvania  on  Tue Oct 16, 2007  at  05:06 PM
Ok, ok, all the inflatables ARE irritating, but what did the window do to him?
Posted by Spooky  on  Tue Oct 16, 2007  at  05:42 PM