Fake Photos of Very Large Animals
Script of Casablanca rejected, 1982
The disumbrationist art hoax, 1924
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
Baby Yoga, aka Swinging Your Kid Around Your Head
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
Life discovered on the moon, 1835
Prof. Wingard's Death Ray Hoax, 1876
The Crown Prince Regent of Thulia, 1954
Van Gogh's ear exhibited, 1935
Little April Rose
Recently a woman who identified herself only as "April's Mom" started blogging about how her unborn child had been diagnosed as terminally ill. And yet she had decided to go through with the pregnancy anyway. Her blog quickly became popular with the anti-abortion crowd. On Sunday "Little April Rose" was born, but died soon after.

But skeptics noticed something strange about the picture of Little April that April's Mom posted on her site. Little April looked exactly like a reborn doll called Avery manufactured by Bountiful Baby.

Soon after, April's Mom was unmasked as Beccah Beushausen of Mokena, Illinois. Her entire blog had been fiction. The Chicago Tribune has more details.
Categories: Birth/Babies, Websites
Posted by The Curator on Fri Jun 12, 2009
Creepy.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Fri Jun 12, 2009  at  03:53 PM
Freaky.

At the risk of starting another "hoax museum race war" why do Bountiful Baby have only one African-American baby but have two chimpanzee babies displayed? (Chimps are out of stock)
Posted by Joel B1  in  Hobart, Tasmania  on  Fri Jun 12, 2009  at  05:55 PM
I think it would be fun to take one of the monkey babies, put in some infant clothing and push it around in a stroller.

I suspect the reactions would be priceless.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Sun Jun 14, 2009  at  08:12 PM
Beccah Munchausen more like.
Posted by derek  on  Mon Jun 15, 2009  at  03:46 AM
Those baby dolls are nightmare inducing.
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Tue Jun 16, 2009  at  02:55 PM
Love the idea of wheeling the chimp around!

I believe Beccah is a sociopath. There have been many people come forward since the blog was exposed, to give some scary details about her.

She ran an adoption scam a few years ago, picking out a couple to adopt her baby. She was never pregnant.

Her family has said she did NOT lose a son, as she has stated as some kind of defense for doing what she did.

I've heard a lot of other wild stories, but since they're not corroborated, I don't want to repeat them.

She also created a p.o. box and received cash and check donations (checks have been confirmed as being cashed) and baby gifts.

I can't believe she will get away with all of this. She needs serious mental help and needs to be held accountable for her actions. Who knows what she is capable of doing. She's only 26 (and not a social worker...that was yet another lie that's been discovered).

truthaboutaprilrose.blogspot.com
Posted by Michelle  in  California  on  Tue Jun 16, 2009  at  05:31 PM
I knew Beccah in college and afterwards as well. I feel bad for her bc there is a lot of bad information out there. Things I have read that I know are not true.
She has been outed and I think that is important. For that we should be glad. Continuing to lie about her and spread rumors that aren't true won't help her.
My mom is diagnosed bi-polar and scammed people a few years ago for attention. She pretended she had cancer for sympathy on a blog. It was wrong for obvious reasons but her healing was not able to start as we would have liked due to the attention she got and all of the lies that came up from people on their hunt.
I am a Christian and don't know if the rest of those following this story are Christians but I know that I will be praying for this woman. I will also pray that other Christian moms and followers will let her get help. I know how hard this can be since my experience with my mother. She needs help not more hurt. I will pray she receives the psychological help and support she needs.
Posted by Carolyn  in  Michigan  on  Wed Jun 17, 2009  at  08:18 AM
"carolyn in michigan" is becca. get a life you sick freak.
Posted by Mara  in  California  on  Sun Jul 19, 2009  at  08:05 PM