Prof. Wingard's Death Ray Hoax, 1876
The Crown Prince Regent of Thulia, 1954
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
Cat that walked 3000 miles to find its owners, 1951
The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals, 1959
The Great Electric Sugar Swindle, 1884
Latest Fashion Craze
I just received these pictures in my email. The subject line read: Latest fashion craze ---- think I'll pass!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPES!
Looking at them definitely makes me cringe, but I see no reason to think they're not real. They remind me of the sport of meathook dangling that I posted about last year.

imageimage
imageimageimage
Categories: Body Manipulation, Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Wed Apr 06, 2005
HeeeeYuck!!!
Posted by Wally  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  12:14 AM
Alex, you get some strange stuff in your inbox. That is pretty damn gross. What some people do for fashion. sick
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  12:17 AM
Yeah, I definitely do get forwarded some strange stuff.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  12:29 AM
I think the black and white one looks really good, i would hate to get it caught on something though, the ones on her back dont look good tho
Posted by Rez  in  Victoria, Australia  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  12:38 AM
Some people I went to high school with used to sew their fingers together.
Nothin major, just thread through the skin, and not deep enough to bleed. Twisted bastards, though, and NO, it wasn't me.

hmmm

And this is just a series of piercings threaded together with ribbon. I've seen piercings connected with chain (NOT just nipples or ear/nose, either).

Makes me wonder what happens when they sneeze, though.

LOL
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  12:42 AM
People sewing their fingers together? I did that (kinda) once...to someone else! I cringe to think about it now - I managed to go right down through the centre of her nail in one of our Home Economics classes with a sewing machine needle...

I also had a friend who pierced her own ears in class with a compass.
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  12:54 AM
Your friend must've hated math alot.
I've personally seen people with those piercings,
they're very real. I believe they're called corset piercings, due to the resemblence to a.. well corset.
Posted by MrKurto  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  01:44 AM
The first time I perced my nose I did it myself with an earring and really strong pressure, and it hurt like a sumnabitch. Even I wouldn't do this....
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  01:49 AM
BME encyclopaedia's corset piercing page.

Painful Pleasure's pics.

I still wanna know what happens when they sneeze.
LOL
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  02:02 AM
Probably not a lot. It doesn't look as though they are actually pulling anything out of shape, just a row of piercings with ribbon threaded through.
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  02:04 AM
I agree, they're not pulling anything out of shape.

BUT, if they don't hyper-extend their back while the ribbon is being tied, they would rip the shit out of it when they sneezed, would not they?
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  02:17 AM
Aah, didn't think of that. It makes me wonder how much they could truly do bound up like that. What a way to get out of work - I can't do that cause I've got ribbons on my back...okay, doesn't sound so good on screen, it was slightly better in my mind.
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  02:20 AM
not a joke, i know people who want this done... it looks kinda cute if you get over the fact taht it looks like they have been stiched back together...

i also seen people with pierced finger nails (yup the white bit you cut off) it was pointless but looked kinda good
Posted by joeodd  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  06:16 AM
It's stupid. These people are not thinking about their future. Seriously. Your skin isn't always going to be tan and smooth. Those girls might eventually have babies...trust me, EVERYTHING stretches. Ever blown up a balloon w/ a picture on it? Leave the balloon for a few days, then slowly let the air out. Your balloon is back to it's original size, but now it's all wrinkly & saggy, and your picture is wrinkly. Even if they don't have kids...as skin gets older it gets less & less firm.

Ick. I'd hate to be the one cleaning their piercings in the nursing home.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  08:22 AM
Not my thing, but probably does less damage to their bodies than high heels.
Posted by cvirtue  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  08:37 AM
I had an acquaintance who had corset piercings. Trouble was that she was very skinny to the point of anorexia, and they just looked so sore and inflamed. Plus she was fooling around with someone else I know, got tangled, and accidentally ripped out one of his nipple rings.
Eventually they just grew out.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  09:44 AM
These pictures are disturbingly reminiscent of a dream I had a few years ago during a 97-hour (at least it seemed that long) airplane trip involving multiple layovers, a nearly-bankrupt airline, and horrible weather.

I wonder how many of my nightmares might be marketable as fashion statements ... ?
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  07:57 PM
Whatever the reason... it's gross as hell!!!

Seems to me like if you hooked a chain or leash on the right one on her back she wouldn't be able to reach it to unattach herself. So you could chain her up on a leash like a dog...
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  08:15 PM
Frankenpretty!
Posted by Barghest  on  Thu Apr 07, 2005  at  11:12 PM
Hey, Boo. Did you visit the BMEzene page? They're TEMPORARY... that means not in there forever.
Posted by Bearfoot  on  Fri Apr 08, 2005  at  03:22 AM
Technically, almost ANY piercing is temporary if you leave it out long enough. (My girlfriend works at a body piercing place.)
Posted by Barghest  on  Fri Apr 08, 2005  at  10:43 PM
Ok, Intended to be temporary.. raspberry Jeeze.. (I'm joking, just to make that clear.)
Posted by Bearfoot  on  Sat Apr 09, 2005  at  01:06 AM
I got e-mailed this as well. I really like the piercings. I hear most people only keep them as a temporary thing, though.
Posted by Jenna  on  Sat Apr 09, 2005  at  04:15 PM
A friend of mine is obsessed with piercing herself. She just takes out a needle in the middle of class or something and makes a new piercing. She said she REALLY wants this kind of piercing, and that she'd wear a backless gown with it.
Me, I just think it's nasty as Hell.
Posted by Mewtaila  on  Sun Apr 10, 2005  at  03:56 AM

LOL
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Sun Apr 10, 2005  at  04:16 AM
Posted by Jc  on  Sun Apr 10, 2005  at  01:02 PM
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Sun Apr 10, 2005  at  02:43 PM
Intended to be temporary, yes.
Intended to look inflamed and infected, and to leave nasty scars? I really hope not.
long face
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Mon Apr 11, 2005  at  07:17 AM
"You know, if someone was to shave the back of their head and have two rows of rings put in there, they could have an instant facelift whenever they wanted..."

Rod, I think you've just sown the seeds of a new industry here.
Anybody willing to have their face shot up with botulism toxin to supress wrinkles should jump at this comparatively mild alternative.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Mon Apr 11, 2005  at  05:03 PM
Is it Permanent? I would love to get one of those!!!
Posted by Wendy  in  NC  on  Mon Apr 18, 2005  at  07:25 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 4 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›