The Nazi Air Marker Hoax, 1942
Adolf Hitler Baby Photo Hoax, 1933
The Great Wall of China Hoax, 1899
The Olympic Underwear Relay, 1956
Vilcabamba, the town of very old people, 1978
Snowball the Monster Cat, 2000
Prankster causes volcano to erupt, 1974
The worms inside your face
Fake Fish Photos
Killer Whale vs. Penguin
Killer whales do eat penguins, but I'd say this has been photoshopped. For a start, if you look closely it appears that the killer whale already has something in its mouth.

I have no information about who created the photo or where the original images came from.

Categories: Animals, Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Sat Aug 09, 2008
The thing in its mouth? looks like a tongue
Posted by Silvar  in  Philipines  on  Sat Aug 09, 2008  at  12:01 PM
Looks like a tongue to me too!
Posted by Sharruma  in  capable of finishing a coherent  on  Sat Aug 09, 2008  at  01:57 PM
No. Not it's tongue! There's a brown thing in the corner of its mouth that looks like a seal.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Sat Aug 09, 2008  at  02:55 PM
Do whales chew tobacco, perhaps?
Posted by Accipiter  on  Sat Aug 09, 2008  at  03:46 PM
The original image (as you have it shown) appears on the following website: http://www.acreditesequiser.net/2007/09/08/a-orca-e-o-pinguim/
By looking at all the other images on this site (it's all in Spanish, I think), it would appear that this image (as is the case with all the others) was an art project - a photoshop project. Check it out for yourself...
Posted by Christopher  in  Warm, sunny Florida  on  Sat Aug 09, 2008  at  04:04 PM
Hmm. I can't understand the Spanish, but I'm not sure if that's the original image. It's smaller and lower-res than the version I have. It could just be some guy who posted it on his site b/c he thought it was interesting.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Sat Aug 09, 2008  at  06:44 PM
Christopher, that's Portuguese, not Spanish.

It's obviously a photomontage (where exactly would the photographer have been to take this picture?).
Furthermore, it looks to me as though the Orca is going to miss. Penguins going off a ledge go pretty much straight down, so the killer whale seems to be going a bit high and to the left (the whale's left, that is) to snatch this one in its mouth.

However, it's a cute picture. It reminds me of those photos on the "motivational posters" you see at oppressive work sites, only this time with a twist.
Posted by Big Gary  in  Port Isabel, Texas  on  Sat Aug 09, 2008  at  06:49 PM
Alex, sorry to imply the image I referenced on that site as the original, I meant "original" as in the same image you posted on MoH. I agree, the one I found is not the same quality resolution as yours... I found it by doing a search for "orca" on Live! Search...
Posted by Christopher  in  Warm, sunny Florida  on  Sat Aug 09, 2008  at  07:26 PM
Alex,Um youre a com wiz im sure if you see a seall can you encircle it ? Theres no zoom in the photo...
Anyway looks so obviously fake
Posted by Silvar  in  Philipines  on  Mon Aug 11, 2008  at  05:53 AM
I'm not really sure it's a seal. It just seemed to me that there was something in its mouth. Here's a pic:

Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Tue Aug 12, 2008  at  12:39 AM
The original is here: http://www.worth1000.com/view.asp?entry=229419&display=photoshop
It's a photoshopped entry to a contest. It won, too!
Posted by thephrog  in  monterey, CA  on  Tue Aug 12, 2008  at  12:46 PM
That whale might be chewing tobacco on a ciggarette
Posted by Jerry  in  Arlington,Virginia  on  Fri Jan 23, 2009  at  05:51 PM
Hi, I found this picture, without the killer whale :

FAKE !!!

Tell me if you found it before us because we are proud !
Posted by Antoine & charlotte  in  france  on  Mon Jun 15, 2009  at  04:24 PM
Is't not chewing tobacco!
Posted by Tyler  in  D.C  on  Fri Nov 06, 2009  at  03:47 PM
This photo is photoshopped...the penguins wouldn't jump off the edge if the whale was right there. plus the orca would jump straight up and not to the side.
Posted by Becky  on  Sun Nov 28, 2010  at  09:24 PM