Iceberg floats into Sydney Harbor, 1978
The Great Space Monkey Hoax, 1953
A black lion: real or fake?
Did Poe say 'The best things in life make you sweaty'?
Fake Photos of Very Large Animals
war of the worlds
The night Martians invaded New Jersey, 1938
Jennifer Love Hewitt's Disappearing Breasts
Tube of liquor hidden in prohibition-era boot, 1920s
The Sandpaper Test, 1960
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
Jesus Hides in Potatoes
Renee Brewster of Florida found Jesus while preparing potato salad. His image was clearly visible in the moldy rot that had formed in the center of the first potato she split open. She put aside the holy potato and finished making the potato salad, which reportedly tasted excellent.

According to MyFoxOrlando, Renee and her husband feel that "the site of their savior in a potato has reinvigorated their faith."

But Cranky Media Guy wonders if this is manufactured pareidolia, noting that, "For the first time in memory, I can actually make out the figure they think they see."

If one Jesus-in-a-potato isn't enough for you, then you're in luck, because the MyFoxOrlando article links to a second story, from just a few weeks ago, about a Houston woman who also discovered Jesus inside a potato. But I think the Florida Jesus-Potato is better.
Categories: Food, Pareidolia, Religion
Posted by The Curator on Fri Jan 25, 2008
I swear: one of these days someone will come forward with a picture and the story about how (s)he took a crap and lo behold, there was the image of Jesus or the Virgin Mary in the turd....
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Fri Jan 25, 2008  at  07:20 AM
...and I bet you people would be willing to buy it on eBay too....
Posted by LaMa  in  Europe  on  Fri Jan 25, 2008  at  07:21 AM
If I was God, I'd manifest myself through half-rotten potatoes all the time.
Posted by SME  in  Canada  on  Fri Jan 25, 2008  at  07:22 AM
Just like Fox. The "site" of the savior...
Posted by Charlie  in  USA  on  Fri Jan 25, 2008  at  08:46 AM
Sorry for the dual post. Seems to me that now there have been two Jesus sightings in potatoes will be taken up by many as clear evidence that he will be returning soon, most likely in Idaho.
Posted by Charlie  in  USA  on  Fri Jan 25, 2008  at  08:49 AM
Jesus in potatoes, Virgin Mary on toast, why don't they just appear in 3 dimensions in say Times Square. I'll tell you why, because they have both died a long time ago. And when you're dead you cease to exist.
Posted by Bill  on  Sat Jan 26, 2008  at  05:39 AM
whoever you are Bill, obviously you've never experienced the manifestation of the holy spirit in your life. I'm gonna pray that you find Jesus for yourself before you die and go to hell!
Posted by nate  in  alabama  on  Sat Feb 02, 2008  at  07:29 PM