September Morn, the painting that shocked the censor, 1913
Fake Fish Photos
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
Jernegan's Gold Accumulator Scam, 1898
Iceberg floats into Sydney Harbor, 1978
Rare planetary alignment decreases gravity, 1976
Van Gogh's ear exhibited, 1935
war of the worlds
The night Martians invaded New Jersey, 1938
The Instant Color TV Hoax, 1962
Jaleel White Commits Suicide
Status: Hoax
The latest false celebrity death rumor going around concerns Jaleel White (best known for playing Urkel on Family Matters). Supposedly he committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. This rumor is old. It was first posted on my site over half a year ago (in the comments to my post titled 'Is this Jaleel White?'). It's no truer now than it was then. I have no idea why it's begun circulating again, but here are the main highlights from the hoax AP report:
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Jaleel White, who played 'nerdy' neighbor Steve Urkel on "Family Matters" found dead Monday. He was 29 years old.
White was pronounced dead on arrival after admission to an LA hospital early Monday morning. The death is being investigated as a suicide.
Born Jaleel Ahmad White, he began his career at the age of three acting in television commercials, before landing guest spots on shows such as "The Jeffersons" and "Mr. Belvedere." It was in 1989 that White landed the role that would make him famous, playing wacky neighbor 'Steve Urkel' on the ABC program "Family Matters."
Following the cancellation of "Family Matters" in 1997, friends claim White became obsessed with the character, and grew despondent, despite further successes as star and producer of the UPN sitcom "Grownups", and as a writer for NBA.com
Neighbor and friend, Bradley Spencer alerted police after hearing what he described as "a loud bang" coming from White's Los Angeles apartment.
Authorities state that upon entering the home they discovered a young African-American male with an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Also found was a note, which read simply "Did I do that?", a popular catchphrase from the show.
Like I said, this was all posted on my site over half a year ago. Which means that when people did a Google search for info about Jaleel White committing suicide, my site was one of the first they found. Because of this, my page about Jaleel White started to receive huge amounts of traffic. So much traffic that it was not only slowing the entire site down, but was also slowing other sites that were located on the same server at my web host. Nevin, the technical guy at my web host, has been exchanging emails with me about it all day. What we've done to try to ease the strain on the server is to automatically route people visiting the comments for that old Jaleel White thread to my page about false celebrity death rumors (which is a static page and therefore uses less of the cpu).
Categories: Celebrities, Death
Posted by The Curator on Mon Jun 05, 2006
I was so upset when I heard this becuz I love him so much and I grew up with this show but the other day I watched Dreamgirls and saw him in it and my mother was like I thought he died! So I looked it uo and the first thing I saw, "False suicide allegations" I was so happy 2 hear that
Posted by Breana  in  Atlanta GA  on  Mon Mar 12, 2007  at  11:48 PM
I love u baby
Posted by Dan Smith  in  Jamaica  on  Tue Mar 13, 2007  at  01:40 PM
I think that this is completly ridculous and jaleel would never kill himself.
Posted by christina shipman  in  columbus georgia  on  Tue Apr 17, 2007  at  12:52 PM
I dont believe that they are saying this but I know jaleel white I was crying when he died he is such a hottie but illl believe he is alive when I see him
Posted by andrea  in  sdsd  on  Tue Jul 03, 2007  at  08:49 PM
hey we care and things like that disappoint people
Posted by Shawnice Blakeley  in  C-Town Ohio  on  Wed Jul 04, 2007  at  07:24 PM
He hasn't killed himself because he hasn't seen his own awful show. Hey! Pull up your pants and wear some wacky glasses and make a funny voice!

HILARIOUS!!!!!

(vomit)
Posted by jason  on  Thu Jul 19, 2007  at  06:02 PM
hey jaleel,

my twin sister said you look like dee snider, lead singer of twisted sister!!!
Posted by chante smith  in  brooklyn,new york  on  Mon Aug 06, 2007  at  03:06 PM
When I was informed of Jaleel's death i was heartbrocken,and depresed.Especially because I'm a only a child and look up to Jaleel.He is such an acomplished actor and someone I would only dream to meet.I wish harm apon the filth that began this tragic rumor.At first I didn't believe It because he seems so selfcomfident and happy.I'm now so happy to know he is alive and well.[Jaleel you realy mean alot to me!]
Posted by Lizzy  in  Chicago  on  Thu Aug 16, 2007  at  04:07 PM
What a dunmmy thinking the name of the show was The Steve Urkel Show PLEAZE.If u believe that JAleel killed himself ur dumb. Dont u see all these comments U cant still believe he killed himself right. Right. Everyone just cut the bull he is still alive if ur wishing he did kill himself well to bad deal with it.
Posted by Ashley Gates  in  Dallas Texas  on  Sat Oct 27, 2007  at  04:56 PM
I agree with Willena Crawford. Everything u hear aint gone be true. If they said if u jump in the Pacific Ocean (on the deep end) and wrestle a shark u will win 1 million dollars will u believe it. I know some of yall are thinking no but there are still some stupid who would.Use ur brain. but doubt any of u stupid ones have one.
Posted by Ashley Gates  in  Dallas Texas  on  Sat Oct 27, 2007  at  05:20 PM
man,jaleel, you got one half of the people LOVE you and the other half HATES you and REALLY WANTS YOU DEAD.GOOD LORD!!!!!also probably saying"I WISH THAT @#&*!$ WAS/WERE DEAD!!!!
Posted by chante  in  brooklyn,new york  on  Sat Oct 27, 2007  at  07:30 PM
Everyone that thinks Jaleel killed himself are stupid. Yeah sure its possibble but do u really thin that Jaleel killed himself doesn't that seem kinda hard do believe. come on people use your brain (that's if u have one)I know ever commit I make is mean but come on grow up eveerything I say shouldn't hurt your feelings unless your a cry baby.The first time I heard this stupid rumor I knew that it wasnt true. Oh and this gay isnt true either.How do I know. Well that's easy Im smart and I use my BRAIN! Bye this Ashley Gates coming for you live in Dallas Texas.
Posted by Ashley Gates  in  Dallas,Texas  on  Sun Oct 28, 2007  at  08:52 PM
Fiirst of all Neffratia Harvey u are a b****. Because if ur married u dont need t o be wanted JAleel White. U probaly to old anyway he dont want u. Oh and second of all was just roaming around and I got onto this website. Really this is only a website is for people who dont have a life. I'm yung i can still get a man unlike u Neffratia. Oh Jaleel White aint Gay or commit suicide. And I wish u would write back on this website I will knock u out what do got 2 say about that. Oh and D'lisa u r talkin 2 hoaxes not Jaleel. Oh i forgot u just a child. If u aint u the dumbest person I know and trust me I know a lot of people. Oh and I dare u to go to Dallas. I work at Conoco gas station on Street u a dumb a**
Posted by Ashley Gates  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Wed Nov 21, 2007  at  09:09 PM
WHAT THE F###?
JALEEL AHMAD WHITE,YOU GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO YOUR FANS! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT YOU ARE MARRIED WITH CHILD AND TMZ HAS A PICTURE AND A STORY ON YOU WITH TWO WOMEN IN LOS VEGAS? AND YOU WERE SEEN IN LOS ANGELES DATING OTHER WOMEN.I AGREE WITH NEGATIVE PEOPLE THAT WISH YOU WERE DEAD.SO HERE IT IS:JALEEL AHMAD WHITE,IIIIII WISH YOU WERE DEAD AND I MEANT IT! sick zipper angry mad cool grin cool mad confused cheese snake
Posted by what the f####  in  brooklyn,new york  on  Wed Dec 26, 2007  at  10:45 PM
That was SOO hilarious that fake article XD . You could Soo tell that was fake that it was ment to be punny!ROFL After I read "friends claim White became obsessed with the character, and grew despondent, despite further successes as star and producer of the UPN sitcom "Grownups"," I was cracking up & especially & the neighboor heard a "loud bang" O my gosh , that note saying "Did I do that?" was hilarious!!!XD
Posted by mims  in  boulder, co  on  Tue Feb 26, 2008  at  11:37 PM
also, I know it would have been sad if he was dead & nothing to joke about but you guys can't belive that article?!
Posted by mims  in  boulder, co  on  Tue Feb 26, 2008  at  11:42 PM
It would be funnier if he were actually dead.
Posted by jason  on  Thu Feb 28, 2008  at  04:24 PM
No, mims, they can not "belive" it.
Posted by jason  on  Thu Feb 28, 2008  at  04:25 PM
hah! you're right, they can't belive that!...ok
Posted by mimi  in  boulder,co  on  Thu Feb 28, 2008  at  07:44 PM
big surprise when I went on youtube to look up Jaleel white one said in the memory of jaleel white and it scared me i grew up with family matters and i always say i would go out with him because he's a nerd and i like nerds but anyway i'm thankful that he did'nt die i know we will all die but sometimes to us it don't seem like the time thank you god thank you
Posted by Leah Hudgins  in  519 W Locust Tecumseh oklahoma  on  Wed Jul 23, 2008  at  12:21 AM
omg... I always wondered wut happened 2 him... I love watching family matters... but when it said the note of the Did I do that? that just gave me a sickning chill...
Posted by Kyle Fox  on  Mon Aug 18, 2008  at  04:28 PM
hi me steve did i do at my not died LOL
Posted by steve urkel  in  hollywood ca  on  Sat Sep 06, 2008  at  04:42 AM
jaleel if u alive and you can read this come home
Posted by pstar  in  chicago  on  Sat Sep 20, 2008  at  04:16 PM
That fucking nigger should be hung.
Posted by ncher  on  Tue Oct 07, 2008  at  10:07 PM
*-) why did Jaleel White killed himself it this rumour is so true or false cause i'am here just watching Family MATTERS on tv with my bf and there goes the rumour into my head is this true? and why did he do it?*-)
Posted by luty princess  in  St.Maarten Netherlands Antilles  on  Tue Nov 11, 2008  at  12:19 AM
It is so sad that people have nothing better to do than make up hurtful rumors about people they don't even know.
Posted by Product Reviews  on  Tue Dec 09, 2008  at  10:54 AM
people shouldn't be mad at white he was a great actor
Posted by jason  in  washington d.c  on  Mon Jun 14, 2010  at  08:40 PM
Comments: Page 8 of 8 pages ‹ First  < 6 7 8