The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
Sober Sue, the woman who never smiled, 1907
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
The Hitler Diary Hoax, 1983
Snowball the Monster Cat, 2000
Use your left ear to detect lies
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
war of the worlds
The night Martians invaded New Jersey, 1938
Is that a cockroach beneath the pizza?
Here's an ad, apparently created by a Brazilian extermination company, that is placed inside pizza boxes. The ad shows a photo of a dead roach, but it's only revealed as the pizza is removed from the box.

I'm sure the ad would attract people's attention, but I find it surprising that a pizza company would agree to place an ad like this beneath their food.

No word on if it's a real ad campaign, or just a mock up. (via nulovka via adrants)

Categories: Advertising, Food
Posted by The Curator on Fri Feb 15, 2008
Now THAT is funny!
Posted by Christopher  in  Warm, sunny Florida  on  Fri Feb 15, 2008  at  04:03 AM
It'd make me sit up and take notice.
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Fri Feb 15, 2008  at  05:18 AM
If it's a Brazilian ad, why is the word "Delivery" in English on the outside of the box?

By the way, "Dr. Barata" means "Doctor Cheap."
Posted by Big Gary  in  Italy, Texas  on  Fri Feb 15, 2008  at  12:17 PM
I tried to see if there was a Brazilian reverse lookup for the phone number, but I couldn't locate anything. Just punching the number into google didn't return anything.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Fri Feb 15, 2008  at  02:44 PM
That's similar to that Orkin commercial where it would show a roach crawling on your TV screen. Fooled me the first time.
Posted by J  in  AZ  on  Fri Feb 15, 2008  at  06:01 PM
Big Gary, English words are slipping into various languages even when there is a word in that language already. This may be such a case.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Fri Feb 15, 2008  at  10:53 PM
Some guy ate bugs on The Daily Show a few nights back. Musta been booked before the writer's strike ended. I once visited my brother when he was stationed in Alabama, and saw the Biggest Damn Roach I Ever Saw there. Three inches long, I kid you not. Ugh. And the roach was scary, too
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Mon Feb 18, 2008  at  01:19 AM
It's a fake! Nobody knows that extermination company nor the pizza company. The phone number is fake too. "011" is the code area for S
Posted by M  in  Brazil  on  Mon Feb 18, 2008  at  10:20 AM
What the fuck is this. yak
Posted by Impinger  on  Tue Aug 25, 2009  at  09:25 AM