Mule elected G.O.P. committeeman, 1938
The Nazi Air Marker Hoax, 1942
Eccentric's last prank, 66 years after his death, 1900
Adolf Hitler Baby Photo Hoax, 1933
The Hitler Diary Hoax, 1983
The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
I’m off to Germany!
I've barely been able to post anything in the past week. Why? I'm blaming it on my decision to remodel the hallway bathroom in my house... and do all the work myself (because I can't afford to hire a contractor). New drywall, plumbing, electrical wiring, tile floor. I did it all. Problem was, I really wanted to get the bulk of it done before I go on vacation to Germany, which I do today. My flight leaves in about four hours. So that meant I've been scrambling to get it done for the past few days. Here's a picture of the new tile floor I just installed (the first tile floor I've ever installed), which I'm quite proud of. You can see that the sink is not yet installed. That'll have to wait.

Unfortunately I'd never be able to get a job as a contractor because, while I can do all the handyman stuff, I'm painfully slow at it.

So anyway, I'll be gone for two weeks, but I'm leaving everyone in the capable hands of hoax expert Bob Pagani, aka Cranky Media Guy. All the regulars here know him already, of course.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a few times while I'm in Germany visiting relatives. I'll be a week in Berlin, followed by a week in Bremen.
Categories: Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Fri Oct 17, 2008
Have a good trip Alex
Posted by oppiejoe  in  Michigan - USA  on  Fri Oct 17, 2008  at  11:38 AM
FUN FUN FUN!!! Germany anyway...so, what color are you going to paint the walls?
Posted by hulitoons  in  Abingdon, Maryland  on  Fri Oct 17, 2008  at  11:49 AM
Everyone knows that Germany isn't a real place. It's all an elaborate hoax! Just admit that you're going to Area 51.
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Fri Oct 17, 2008  at  12:20 PM
Whoa, Alex! I can totally see the face of Jesus in that tile floor!!! Nice job.
Posted by zgloria  on  Fri Oct 17, 2008  at  12:24 PM
Nice, work, Alex.

Germany! Man, I'm jealous. Drink some Federweiss for me while you're there.
Posted by Big Gary  in  Buda, Texas  on  Fri Oct 17, 2008  at  12:29 PM
>>My brother and I tiled his bathroom a few years back. It was maddening in some ways, but ultimately extremely satisfying.<<

My theory is that the most important part of the job is the subfloor. Get that right, and the tiling itself isn't too hard. Screw that up, and it's very hard to get the tiling to look good.

The walls are sage green.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Fri Oct 17, 2008  at  01:49 PM
Have fun in Germany.

That floor tile looks very similar to the tile we picked out to redo out shower in a couple years ago. (No, I didn't do it myself.) It looks great!
Posted by Tah  in  Idaho (Yes, Idaho)  on  Fri Oct 17, 2008  at  05:19 PM
Well, since anything that CAN go wrong WILL, I'm having trouble logging in as Administrator or Substitute Teacher or whatever my temporary title is. I've emailed Alex about it so I'm hopeful he'll be able to fix it ASAP.

I'm SO looking forward to confessing to you all about something I did earlier this year that you might have heard about (but didn't know I was behind.)

As Paul Harvey says, "Stand by for NEWS!"
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Fri Oct 17, 2008  at  06:57 PM
Alex, Chris says you should be proud of that floor. smile
Posted by Madmouse  in  Edinburgh  on  Sun Oct 19, 2008  at  07:12 AM
Have fun Alex!
*hugs*
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Sun Oct 19, 2008  at  07:33 AM
Nice floor for the first timer.I can see the baseboard tile does not follow the floor line but that is no big deal,main floor looks great, clean grout lines.Good job!
Posted by Agtile  on  Sun Sep 27, 2009  at  11:28 PM
This is nice floor.Taking time to achieve higher quality is better then going fast and be sorry you did it.
Posted by Agtile  on  Sun Sep 27, 2009  at  11:32 PM