The disumbrationist art hoax, 1924
Princess Caraboo, servant girl who became a princess, 1817
Use your left ear to detect lies
The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals, 1959
Paul Krassner's Stereophonic Hoax, 1960
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
Fake Fish Photos
The Lovely Feejee Mermaid, 1842
September Morn, the painting that shocked the censor, 1913
The Great New York Zoo Escape Hoax, 1874
William Hung Not Dead Yet
image I've noted before how popular celebrity death hoaxes have become. In fact, it's kind of like a weird sign of status for a celebrity to have their death falsely reported. It shows people care, in a sick and twisted way. Britney still leads the pack, having been killed in car crashes many times, but now American Idol anti-star William Hung has joined this elite group of prematurely-reported-dead celebrities. Reports of his death via heroin overdose have been spreading all around the internet. They originated from a faux-news piece on Broken Newz. His suicide note was particularly touching: "I have no reason of living... my art which is my importance to the best everybody laugh to... I make end here... goodbye world of cruel." (via David Emery's Urban Legends and Folklore)
Categories: Celebrities, Death
Posted by The Curator on Sat Aug 14, 2004
It is a universal sign of YELLING. It is considered rude the way you are doing it. Thats why I was giving you so much S#!T yesterday.
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  04:48 PM
Stephen, you ignorant twit. She wants to know if you are Will Hung.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  04:57 PM
Will or Well????? and Hairy, There might be women present, watch that mouth.
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  05:04 PM
"Will", as in WILLIAM Hung, you ignorant twit. Stick to the post subject, in the name of Ra, the Sun God, Creator of All. Sun Gods are cool.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  05:17 PM
"you ignorant twit" Them's fight'n words.
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  05:26 PM
So they are, you mangy polecat. SO: ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT WILL HUNG... like them caps? I GOT MORE
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  05:29 PM
JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION
Posted by HAIRY HOUDINI  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  05:31 PM
Don't feel bad... we can't all be Will Hung. Stubby...
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  05:33 PM
But yet, some of us CAN...but, you wouldn't know anything about that....would ya tiny!!!!
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  05:41 PM
CAN what? Feel bad for not being Will Hung? Who the Hell is Tiny? Certainly not, Stubby, Will's cousin. He's Stubby. Pay attention, you ignorant twit.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  05:56 PM
His cousin is Stubby, and he is Will Hung, and you, Stephen, you ignorant twit, most obviously are not. Save the Whales.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  06:00 PM
Well she sure put me in MY place.
LOL

Grown folks? Like your parents?
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  06:18 PM
Nikki,
You must be from Kentucky... or at least nearby. You're use of the word ya'll is a dead give away. Not that I'm mocking / knocking you... so don't be GOING OFF on me. We just recently relocated to the Florence area... where you're greeted with a "Ya'll" every where you go... so it's just an observation / guess... not a dig.
PS - I'm not Stephen either...
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  06:30 PM
Nor are you Will Hung. Admit it.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  07:03 PM
I like to use the pet name: "My Willie". My Willie sings like a winner, baby. My Willie has talent unrealized by Mortal Man... My Willie pumps up the volume. Go Willie, it's yer birthday
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  07:08 PM
My Johnson rod, however, is twisted beyond repair.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Wed Mar 23, 2005  at  07:11 PM
Well Stephen, if you had just told me the other day that CAPS was a universal sign of yelling, I would've stopped immediately, but I didn't know it. I apologize if I offended anyone with my CAPS and I will try to stop doing that. And thank you, Stephen, for alerting me to this "communication flaw".
And to whom it concerns: I am not from Kentucky, but I am from the South; is it that obvious?!?
Posted by Nikki  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  11:25 AM
I knew you were from the south!
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  11:45 AM
Ya'll stop funin' us now, ya hear?
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  11:47 AM
The first time I discovered that CAPS were used to show anger or yelling was 4 years ago. I started a new job. We were aable to send instant messages on our Network Server to people through out the company, I was flirting with a customer service girl and then she just snaped at me for no reason. I was joking around, but I had my CAPS on all the time, we had to for work purposes, but I never changed them to send messages. She asked me why I am so mean to her and yelling all the time. I was pretty embarrased, all though, I did get a couple of dates from her later!!
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  11:50 AM
Well, I am certainly glad to hear that it worked out for you, Stephen. I've never been told about the CAPS thing before myself, and I--like you, always use CAPS whether I am taking care of personal business or things for class or work. I appreciate you setting me straight because I certainly don't want people to think that I am yelling or hollering through emails, posts, etc.
Posted by Nikki  on  Thu Mar 24, 2005  at  03:19 PM
just leave this guy alone!!! he has proven himself AND he has the right enjoy his life! eto ka!!!!
Posted by wikid  in  phils.  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  01:40 AM
wikid, are you referring to Well Hung or to Stephen?
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  09:34 AM
Obviously Well Hung. Everyone knows that Stephen has no right to enjoy his life. cool smile
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  09:43 AM
I get a little joy.
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  09:54 AM
Well stop it. Enjoying your life is the same as stealing from God. So there.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  10:18 AM
As I understand, if you steal from the Devil, life would be more fun.
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  11:46 AM
What the hell is wrong with Charybdis? And Stephen was worried that I was on medication!!!
Posted by Nikki  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  02:13 PM
"What the hell is wrong with Charybdis?" Inflation, that's what. And foreign policy. And Quadaffi calling the Isrealis and Palestinians "idiots". And Barney Martin died. And I bought a whole case of copper jacketed rounds that I can't fire anywhere. And the hot chick I work with dumped her longtime boyfriend and by the time I found out about it she already had a replacement. And Arlington is planning on building the suck-ass Cowboys a new stadium. And Sandra Bullock got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. And The Incredibles is out on DVD and I haven't picked it up yet. And I'm gonna go out and blow too much money tonight on some thing that I don't need but really want. And my president and his quarter-wit brother think that it's their business to meddle in a family's personal lives. And the PSP is out and for some reason I don't want one. And EBay scammers. And stupid people who give money to EBay scammers. And spam. And the stupid 10% of people who purchase products offered in spam. And people who think that a new, more sane Pope would be a bad thing. And nobody donated to the "Let's get Charybdis laid" fund. And WB is making a crappy (come on, admit it, it will be crappy) Wonder Woman movie. And Caias. And while I'm on the subject, Linda Carter doesn't live next door to me. And The Family Guy is returning but Greg the Bunny isn't. And I don't get paid enough for what I know and do. And nobody likes me, boo hoo. And people who manage, somehow, through no fault of my own, to completely fail to have a sense of humor about things and get all excited for no reason.

downer

And Stephan won't buy me a pony.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  02:59 PM
And I mis-spelled Stephen's name above.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Fri Mar 25, 2005  at  03:01 PM
Comments: Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >